Leave no man behind: WGermany

Razzmann
General

Re: Leave no man behind: WGermany

Postby Razzmann » Fri 20 Jan 2017 15:46

I don't think having more F&F ATGMs on non plane weapons other than the Longbow is a good way to go.

Desty
Warrant Officer

Postby Desty » Fri 20 Jan 2017 15:49

nuke92 wrote:Any chance of a PAH-2 Tiger with Trigat LR?
Is it really that much ootf? I mean we have Spike MR and LR allready...

Deliveries started in what? 2012? :lol:
HOT 3 got introduced in 1993 and deliveries started around 2003 IIRC :lol:

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Fri 20 Jan 2017 15:51

Well it was tested in 2000 and hit all targets :P
Deliveries started in 2012 because all nations left the project besides one and there was no threat at all.
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Capion
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Capion » Fri 20 Jan 2017 16:13

nuke92 wrote:Well it was tested in 2000 and hit all targets :P
Deliveries started in 2012 because all nations left the project besides one and there was no threat at all.

Even if, I doubt a 150+ pt. Longbow copy is the way to go. 8 HOT 2s would be nice but even that wouldnt significantly boost WGermany or its coaltions. Doesnt fit with the playstyle. I think Eugen should look to the INF or TNK tabs and/or buff the recon tank option. The AMX 10s in EC could go well with slower but better armored (and more expensive) company and the 1A1 isnt it.

As for the Tiger: That will always be a (sometimes worthwhile) tactical asset in team games with little actual combat value.
In memoriam: Gebirgsfernmeldebataillon 210

KampfKeksKrieger
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby KampfKeksKrieger » Fri 20 Jan 2017 16:20

I played West germany on focus the last weeks, after playing only Redfor factions for almost ever since RD came out.
They have a certain strength, I find the marder vts1 quite useful (because high 15 AP for 25 points, this is even better than theAMX-10 RC SB from France, so YEA (even with lower ROF and some bit weaker stats):
Marder AMX.jpg
Marder AMX.jpg (611.61 KiB) Viewed 561 times

But while other Nations have a higher 'normal level' of units, only west germany's best units are on the fighting quality of what the other nations have with normal level.
If I try to capture forests or towns, using marders, Deckungsgruppe and PzGren, I need much Reinforcement, and get slowly degenerated into my backland, with the following annoying issue:
The marder 2 kill all small vehicles with superior power, but their cost is also higher so you have less tanks.
But exactly against heavy tanks, you have a weakness:

You either need close range for PzF3 (Fallschirmjäger or PzGren), or you need a Leo2A5, because light tanks are no problem, but heavy tanks, so a Leo2A4 can hold the line for a minute or so, but not longer, because I have a slight money disadvantage, no matter which kind of units I use, and I often get into Situations, where I NEED to defend the position with my last tank (maybe damaged, no time and no money to repair yet), or drawing back, so the trap is always the same, and If I defend, I loose all of my units (As a decent player).
I have Milan2 and Peace Rhines to help, but I dont get the balance usually, because at the end I dont get all the units I need in usual fights.

With other words: I have the feeling that a general amount of firepower was missing. Only 10-20%, but I dont really know how to avoid it.

There are several, quite a few Playstyles, WGermany is good for, with which I can win a battle, but it gets boring very fast, to always use the same units only, WGermanys one and only 'main path'.
Also, Their units feel quite similar, you do indeed have some special units (not everybodys opinion, but I like the cheap 5he mortar for 30$, the 10HE Arty for 70$, I got a heart with the F4F, because with 3 of them, I get a extremely powerful air superiority, that is a good step better than with the KWS for 140, in my experience), but the difference between a tank or a Autocannon vanishes and you just have 'guns', the same sort, whether inf, tanks or vehicles mount it.

I used the AT helo with success sometimes(it is not too easy), I used the Stinger-Units (Fliegerfaust, Bo 105P/BSH) with success, because instead of long range I have high acc, which is 2 times very good, because against ECM, 50% acc against planes means more than 50% acc against ground units, which are less timing-dependend (and the first shot), so 70/70% is useful, BUT It cannot make up for many drawbacks that WGermany has to suffer.

Their Units have either cheap vehicle-killer-status, or are massively expensive against all other targets, the mid cannot reach slightly more expensive targets very often, because of missing support in general, resulting in a disadvantage-position too often.

Conclusion:
You think you can win with WGermany, because, ah, you might still get beyond the line if you play good, but the drawbacks - draw you back too much too often.
So more love for WGermany is a substancial profound reason, but who on the world needs WGermany??
Last edited by KampfKeksKrieger on Fri 20 Jan 2017 16:25, edited 2 times in total.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Fri 20 Jan 2017 16:23

According to wikipedia development began in 1988. But I guess the HOT-3 would be sufficient, hell, even 8x HOT-2 would be awesome. But 4 HOT-2 and a handful of SNEBs? Meh...

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 20 Jan 2017 16:26

What would Hot-3 look like? Stat wise that is.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Fri 20 Jan 2017 16:33

Razzmann wrote:What would Hot-3 look like? Stat wise that is.

1250mm of penetration compared 900mm of the HOT-2 and 4.3km range instead of 4km compared to the HOT-2.
So improved AP value and mayyybe one range increment more aka 2.8km range.
Could also be used on the French Tiger ingame.
The values are, as always for modern equipment, estimations only.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Fri 20 Jan 2017 16:36

Razzmann wrote:What would Hot-3 look like? Stat wise that is.

HOT 2 with a big AP buff.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Akkku
First Sergeant

Postby Akkku » Fri 20 Jan 2017 16:46

CandyMan wrote:Pf44 to 15 ap or less then you can have 10 pt jager.

Now get lost.
President of Eugen

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”