Should Ka-52 just lose its SEAD missile?

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Should Ka-52 just lose its SEAD missile?

Postby Seryn » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:38

thelizardofdoom wrote:Yes and the supercobra to. I am so over all this helo silliness. I played about 11 games today and was helo rushed 7 times. Death to helo sead missiles, because make no mistake...helo cheese is their main function.

Yugoslavia, Chally Marksman, MANPADs, VAB VDAA, EOTS HAWK, Crotale. Need I go on?

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:39

If a unit has no AV, AP attacks can't damage them.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

Seryn

Postby Seryn » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:42

QUAD wrote:If a unit has no AV, AP attacks can't damage them.

Humvee.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:44

Yakhont wrote:
You mean the Otomatic does not already? :lol:
Not with AP, no.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:47

another505 wrote:the fundamental problem of helo rush is the cv mechanic since the idea is always try to kill the base cv or neutralize it as they hunt.
If base cv can never be capped/neutralize then helo rushed player can always try to fight back.

I always liked the idea of making it so you only have to park your CV in a sector for say five ten seconds to cap it and you only have to leave a CV in the sector to contest it. That way you can still decap all zones, but you don't have random CV snipes and what not. If they heli rush, they have to bring a CV with them if they want to decap and that'll be at least 105-120 points.

Seryn wrote:

Humvee.

Yeah RPGs will fire at any ground vehicles, including unarmed transports and landed helicopters.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Seryn

Postby Seryn » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:52

Mike wrote:
another505 wrote:the fundamental problem of helo rush is the cv mechanic since the idea is always try to kill the base cv or neutralize it as they hunt.
If base cv can never be capped/neutralize then helo rushed player can always try to fight back.

I always liked the idea of making it so you only have to park your CV in a sector for say five ten seconds to cap it and you only have to leave a CV in the sector to contest it. That way you can still decap all zones, but you don't have random CV snipes and what not. If they heli rush, they have to bring a CV with them if they want to decap and that'll be at least 105-120 points.

Seryn wrote:

Humvee.

Yeah RPGs will fire at any ground vehicles, including unarmed transports and landed helicopters.

I like the CV suggestion, but you proved my poiny with what you said, it was a very roundabout point. but its a point

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 31 Jan 2017 20:54

Seryn wrote:I like the CV suggestion, but you proved my point with what you said, it was a very roundabout point. but it's a point

About?
Courtesy of KattiValk

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 31 Jan 2017 21:30

Infantry have a special 0 armor that makes them immune to AP.

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Wed 1 Feb 2017 03:17

If I recall correctly, there are three kinds of armour in game, vehicle, infantry, and air. Infantry and air armour only take HE damage, other wise units like the ADATS would one shot everything that flys.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Wed 1 Feb 2017 07:40

XanderTuron wrote:If I recall correctly, there are three kinds of armour in game, vehicle, infantry, and air. Infantry and air armour only take HE damage, other wise units like the ADATS would one shot everything that flys.

The ADATS just works differently. The AP missiles can only target ground units, while the HR missiles can only target air units. If an aircraft or helicopter would be hit by a high-HE weapon, it would indeed die instantly, there is no difference between air and ground armor. There are just no AP weapons that target air units.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”