Have you played a 'No income' Game? ... & other fun Game modes & Maps?

James-Bond
Master Sergeant

Have you played a 'No income' Game? ... & other fun Game modes & Maps?

Postby James-Bond » Sun 29 Jan 2017 20:04

Just wondering has anyone played a game with the settings income set to zero, but with high initial starting points?
I played this before I think once or twice. I thought it was really fun, haven't seen one in a extremely long time.

May seem a bit random this topic, but I just see a majority of servers seem to be either 'Tactical' low income on Mud fight!, or high points on Asgard/ strait to the point.

I like to try to play different types of game modes, settings and maps, just wondering what other styles you have found to be fun?

Dundradal
Corporal

Re: Have you played a 'No income' Game? ... & other fun Game modes & Maps?

Postby Dundradal » Sun 29 Jan 2017 20:51

I've never played one like that, but it does sound fun. Kind of like the old "Close Combat" series from the 1990s.

I don't always get why so many people play high points strait to the point. The games tend to be fairly similar. Wish there was a bit more variety in the 20 player servers. I know some maps people just seem to basically hate, but variety is nice.

axnone
First Sergeant

Postby axnone » Sun 29 Jan 2017 21:06

Yes, once, it's just like total destruction mode, everybody's camping and microing their handful of units. Perfect time-killer, but not really the “fun”i liked. Looks like the majority of the community simply doesn't consider this as “fun”either. same thing for 2vs2 rank games.

Dundradal wrote:I don't always get why so many people play high points strait to the point. The games tend to be fairly similar.

10vs10 is one of the selling point of this game, and low pt tac games isn't cool in some people's eyes.
二营长你他娘的PLZ-45呢,给我拉来!
Spoiler : :
A better Zhanshi`85(`90) for China!
RPG and\or price buff,Type 81 optional.
Dream come true?
:arrow: http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=59331#p1019327

Dundradal
Corporal

Postby Dundradal » Mon 30 Jan 2017 01:48

axnone wrote:10vs10 is one of the selling point of this game, and low pt tac games isn't cool in some people's eyes.

I get that. I like playing 10v10 a fair amount. It's just that games on Strait to the Point have a similar flow each time. There's not a ton of variety given the small amount of connected landmass.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Mon 30 Jan 2017 03:18

Dundradal wrote:
axnone wrote:10vs10 is one of the selling point of this game, and low pt tac games isn't cool in some people's eyes.

I get that. I like playing 10v10 a fair amount. It's just that games on Strait to the Point have a similar flow each time. There's not a ton of variety given the small amount of connected landmass.

Some people like that. It's like WRD: the MOBA.

Instead of a hero you pick a deck.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Mon 30 Jan 2017 17:12

Dundradal wrote:

Chosin for next meta map

steppewolf
Second-Lieutenant

Postby steppewolf » Mon 30 Jan 2017 17:14

As unconventional games, I enjoyed a lot playing with national small nations decks (no coalitions, no US/USSR/UK) but that was before DLC nations.

Ribar
Warrant Officer

Postby Ribar » Mon 30 Jan 2017 17:33

I think I've tried a no income game mode and it ended up not so nice.

I find most fun in playing team games where people know their stuff, although they are hard to find.
But stomping pubstompers is very funny. Especially if premades start trolling (not to use harsh words) 5 minutes into the game after they realize their adversaries know how to respond (=cheesing and spamming) to their "tactics" (=cheese). :lol:
Image :mrgreen:

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Mon 30 Jan 2017 17:39

I had fun playing a match where the only unitsin use where militias and bottom tier vehicle equivalents (my most damaging units were Kanonenjagdpanzers and M48A2Gs :shock: )

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 31 Jan 2017 10:59

axnone wrote:Yes, once, it's just like total destruction mode, everybody's camping and microing their handful of units. Perfect time-killer, but not really the “fun”i liked. Looks like the majority of the community simply doesn't consider this as “fun”either. same thing for 2vs2 rank games.

Dundradal wrote:I don't always get why so many people play high points strait to the point. The games tend to be fairly similar.

10vs10 is one of the selling point of this game, and low pt tac games isn't cool in some people's eyes.

Try with C cat where cluster and precision top tier arty are not avail and you cannot kill with arty.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”