Hinds with 16 missiles, and maybe more..

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Hinds with 16 missiles, and maybe more..

Postby Steamfunk » Mon 30 Jan 2017 04:06

Surely you can't be serious? Well I am captain, and it's not even my drinking time.

The "Hind-E" carried two hard points for these missiles at the wing endplates. Experiments were conducted around 1986 to increase the firepower of the Mi-24V by doubling the number of missiles attached to the wing tips and also by hanging under the outboard wing pylons double racks that could carry four additional missiles each (they were probably the same type of rack as that fitted to the Ka-29). Therefore, a Mi-24V in that configuration could carry up to 16 anti-tank missiles!

The photos can be found here -

http://www.16va.be/4.2_les_mi-24_part1_eng.html

The Hind is by far the most common gunship used by Redfor and the only one available to armoured decks. All versions of the Mi-24 in Wargame have mediocre stabs, although the missiles it uses are command-guided and the sight itself is stabilised, tracking the missile with an IR sensor - this system was called Raduga, tested first on the Mi-24D. There are three variants of Shturm - the 9M114 Shturm-V came out in 1976, followed in 1981 by 9M114M1/Shturm-2 and in 1988, 9M114M2, which was called.. Shturm-3 (not very imaginative IMO). It's been said before, but all these missiles achieved high level of accuracy. The 9M114M2 however, has a second warhead which is designed to deal with ERA. As far as Wargame is concerned, they compare poorly to TOW-2 and are lacking in AP.

My suggestions are -

1) Arm Mi-24VP with 9M114M2, increase AP to 23/4 and (preferably) 8 missiles.

2) Arm NSWP Hinds with 9M114M1/Kokon-M to match their intro date (1985).

3) Give one of the NSWP Hinds 16 missiles..

4) Replace NK Mi-24D Fleyta with the 9M114 or 9N114M1, in any combo.

Also consider giving 60% accuracy/50% stabs to the M1 and M2 - they would still be less effective than the Ataka or Vikhr, but on a par with everything else. My preference for the heavy ATGM load would be either Poland or East Germany, but I think the Poles could use it most.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Hinds with 16 missiles, and maybe more..

Postby another505 » Mon 30 Jan 2017 04:31

I dont think USSR needs another ATGM helo in the HELO tab with 16 missiles. Yes, i am saying that while having my Ka-52 ATGM thread cause its 2 different thing. One is still recon with 2 missiles, and there are 2 helo in helo tab with 12 and 16missiles already

Now, DDR could certainly get that, since the source said its on DDR. DDR doesnt have good atgm plane or high end tanks unlike Poland's twardy and Seria so it would help them more.

Im fine from 2-4.
I think they would be fine as 55 accuracy, just slightly less than ATAKA. Not sure if AP buff is needed......
Of Salt

James-Bond
Master Sergeant

Postby James-Bond » Mon 30 Jan 2017 05:43

That would be awesome, also it would be nice if East-Germany got those Hinds

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Mon 30 Jan 2017 06:26

NSWP could definitely use this. Not sure how much the USSR could get from it cause the Ka-50 and Mi-28, but it'd be a nice bone thrown to decks without lots of gunships.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Postby Mister Maf » Mon 30 Jan 2017 07:50

The source says this was mostly a DDR thing, which I'm on board with. Combine with Polish recon Mi-2 and pretend you have a Longbow. :lol:

Wolke
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Wolke » Mon 30 Jan 2017 09:23

Giving GDR a proper AT Helicopter was part of my "Metafying the DDR" suggestions. So I'm all for that :P

axnone
First Sergeant

Postby axnone » Mon 30 Jan 2017 10:14

Mister Maf wrote:The source says this was mostly a DDR thing, which I'm on board with. Combine with Polish recon Mi-2 and pretend you have a Longbow. :lol:

I always thought the W3W Sokol fitted the “LOLbow” type of job, no? At least you're not going to risk sending unaccompanied armoured columns when Sokol is in the air.

yes you don't have exceptional optics, but vg isn't that bad either ;)
二营长你他娘的PLZ-45呢,给我拉来!
Spoiler : :
A better Zhanshi`85(`90) for China!
RPG and\or price buff,Type 81 optional.
Dream come true?
:arrow: http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=59331#p1019327

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 30 Jan 2017 11:26

Steamfunk wrote:Surely you can't be serious? Well I am captain, and it's not even my drinking time.

The "Hind-E" carried two hard points for these missiles at the wing endplates. Experiments were conducted around 1986 to increase the firepower of the Mi-24V by doubling the number of missiles attached to the wing tips and also by hanging under the outboard wing pylons double racks that could carry four additional missiles each (they were probably the same type of rack as that fitted to the Ka-29). Therefore, a Mi-24V in that configuration could carry up to 16 anti-tank missiles!

The photos can be found here -

http://www.16va.be/4.2_les_mi-24_part1_eng.html

The Hind is by far the most common gunship used by Redfor and the only one available to armoured decks. All versions of the Mi-24 in Wargame have mediocre stabs, although the missiles it uses are command-guided and the sight itself is stabilised, tracking the missile with an IR sensor - this system was called Raduga, tested first on the Mi-24D. There are three variants of Shturm - the 9M114 Shturm-V came out in 1976, followed in 1981 by 9M114M1/Shturm-2 and in 1988, 9M114M2, which was called.. Shturm-3 (not very imaginative IMO). It's been said before, but all these missiles achieved high level of accuracy. The 9M114M2 however, has a second warhead which is designed to deal with ERA. As far as Wargame is concerned, they compare poorly to TOW-2 and are lacking in AP.

My suggestions are -

1) Arm Mi-24VP with 9M114M2, increase AP to 23/4 and (preferably) 8 missiles.

2) Arm NSWP Hinds with 9M114M1/Kokon-M to match their intro date (1985).

3) Give one of the NSWP Hinds 16 missiles..

4) Replace NK Mi-24D Fleyta with the 9M114 or 9N114M1, in any combo.

Also consider giving 60% accuracy/50% stabs to the M1 and M2 - they would still be less effective than the Ataka or Vikhr, but on a par with everything else. My preference for the heavy ATGM load would be either Poland or East Germany, but I think the Poles could use it most.

Hinds have enough firepower and avail and USSR has many variants. We do not more, even the current Hinds should loose 2HP. 16 is pointless as long as do not launch in pairs which is not possible in RL. ---> Pointless to create such Hind. Sorry, this is bad idea espacially you would just create more unicor and fantasy proto unit.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 30 Jan 2017 12:13

molnibalage wrote:Pointless to create such Hind. Sorry, this is bad idea espacially you would just create more unicor and fantasy proto unit.

Well, there's nothing unicorn or fantasy about the 12 shot Hind in the photograph on the left of the paragraph he quoted. The implication is that the loadout was tested by the Soviet Union and put into at least occasional service by East Germany, who would probably quite like a purer tank-murdering Hind. How about switching 40 of the KHS Mi-24P's S-8s for another 8 missiles on the same pylons and then upgrading the whole shebang to Kokon-M, with a price nerf obviously? That change also differentiates it from the Soviet Mi-24P, which is always nice.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 30 Jan 2017 12:16

FrangibleCover wrote:
molnibalage wrote:Pointless to create such Hind. Sorry, this is bad idea espacially you would just create more unicor and fantasy proto unit.

Well, there's nothing unicorn or fantasy about the 12 shot Hind in the photograph on the left of the paragraph he quoted. The implication is that the loadout was tested by the Soviet Union and put into at least occasional service by East Germany, who would probably quite like a purer tank-murdering Hind. How about switching 40 of the KHS Mi-24P's S-8s for another 8 missiles on the same pylons and then upgrading the whole shebang to Kokon-M, with a price nerf obviously? That change also differentiates it from the Soviet Mi-24P, which is always nice.

Game should not model the "occasion", it shuld model typical loadout. I have seen F-15 with 6 AIM-7. Yes, on underwing pylon was AIM-7 insted drop tanks. Following this idea should I request 6xAIM-7 for F-15s with same TOT and fuel. Nope, it woud be just as terrible idea as 16 ATGM Mi-24. The 4/8 depending of variant is more than enough against anything except top tier. With 22AP Mi-24 can kill well tanks up to 17 FAV. This is what you expect from a 100CP helo.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”