Back after after a longer absence - need short advice

pyrr
Corporal

Back after after a longer absence - need short advice

Postby pyrr » Mon 6 Feb 2017 22:31

Hi there,

I haven't played W:RD for quite a long time. I bought all the DLCs but only tried them once, quickly.
I'm not a good player, and I play mostly for fun, offline that was, up to now at least.

Can someone please tell me in just a few words what has changed over the last 12 months? Not unit stats, but rather game meta, general playability and balance.

Thanks!

captaincarnage
Major

Re: Back after after a longer absence - need short advice

Postby captaincarnage » Mon 6 Feb 2017 23:02

pyrr wrote:Hi there,

I haven't played W:RD for quite a long time. I bought all the DLCs but only tried them once, quickly.
I'm not a good player, and I play mostly for fun, offline that was, up to now at least.

Can someone please tell me in just a few words what has changed over the last 12 months? Not unit stats, but rather game meta, general playability and balance.

Thanks!

Heavy Tanks not just superheavies rather than Leo 1A%'s are in vogue
MG3's are no longer head and shoulders better than everything else
Red and Blue Dragons are still bad
MG's are a lot more standardised in general so stuff like the M60 and PKM are stat clones of each other along with most other belt fed line infnatry mg's.
IFV's are generally better armored and more available

Most coalitions are pretty playable right now. Entente is probably the most brokenly unbalanced.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Mister Maf
Lieutenant

Re: Back after after a longer absence - need short advice

Postby Mister Maf » Mon 6 Feb 2017 23:48

I wouldn't call Entente broken, but it could certainly be toned down.

But ye, the meta is heavy tanks and IFVs.

16 AP HEAT weapons have been indirectly nerfed by way of most IFVs getting more armor. PzF44 has entered "too good to be free, too bad to be good" territory, which mostly impacts Jäger, especially since the MG3 isn't god-tier anymore.

Minimi is now the best machine gun. MGs in general got totally overhauled, again. Many MGs are now identical to the PKM and M60, which isn't a great place to be but also not as bad as before. As far as line infantry goes, they're mostly relying on IFVs to kill things anyway.

Primary weapons got some big changes, as well. There are now many different classes of primary weapons:

• Battle rifle – same as before but -5 suppression nerf
  • Ordinary assault rifle – same as before
  • Bullpup and folding stock assault rifles – increased moving accuracy, CQC bonus
  • Carbine – slightly higher rate of fire in addition to same bonuses as Bullpups
  • SMG – same as before

Carbines are still the best general-purpose primary weapon, but are mostly toned down from what they used to be. At the moment, ANZAC Commandos '90 still have the old magical bullpup/carbine stats on their Aug; whether that was an oversight or deliberate is unknown.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”