TRIGAT the true Euromissile

gijoe41
Corporal

Re: TRIGAT the true Euromissile

Postby gijoe41 » Fri 10 Feb 2017 01:55

hansbroger wrote:I'm of the mind that the TRIGAT would only be appropriate for a Wargame where things like Kornet, Javelin and other ATGM systems were proliferated as well as countermeasures like SIREN and SHTORA etc were modeled, rather than in RD. The HOT changes have made them viable and TBH I would bring the HOT 3 to 2800m (it does have longer range than the HOT and HOT 2 instead of changing the current missiles to TRIGAT.

I have not heard of SIREN, tried googling and only found a naval Flare/Chaff countermeasure system, Any info on the land based model?

Also, if things like SHTORA are included in the future, i'd love to have the AN/VLQ-6 as an equivalent (if inferior) US system. However, that'd be wargame 4 type wishful thinking

+1 for the TRIGAT though, would be awesome to see.

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Fri 10 Feb 2017 02:17

+1

In it's current form it would boost PAH-2 significantly, excellent optics, good stealth, F&F Trigat combo. With Stingers, rockets and 4 Trigats it would still be very situational but worth the recon slot and points actually. It wouldn't be tank hunting rampage like Longbow that's for sure.
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Fri 10 Feb 2017 02:24

gijoe41 wrote:
hansbroger wrote:I'm of the mind that the TRIGAT would only be appropriate for a Wargame where things like Kornet, Javelin and other ATGM systems were proliferated as well as countermeasures like SIREN and SHTORA etc were modeled, rather than in RD. The HOT changes have made them viable and TBH I would bring the HOT 3 to 2800m (it does have longer range than the HOT and HOT 2 instead of changing the current missiles to TRIGAT.

I have not heard of SIREN, tried googling and only found a naval Flare/Chaff countermeasure system, Any info on the land based model?

Also, if things like SHTORA are included in the future, i'd love to have the AN/VLQ-6 as an equivalent (if inferior) US system. However, that'd be wargame 4 type wishful thinking

+1 for the TRIGAT though, would be awesome to see.

Sorry it's LIRE (it was something Greek sounding)
Was fitted to some AMX-10RC and helicopters for Dauget, can be seen on them to this day. Looks like a paddle with 10 lenses.
A clearler pic, it's always on the turret right
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Fri 10 Feb 2017 02:34

So as far as a true exceptional optics helo goes there's really only one option and that's the French AS532 with the Horizon battlefield surveillance radar.

But there's another fun option in the form of the French Army's SA 432 Gazelle scout/AT helo which has L1, M and M1 variants with the "Viviane" thermal optical sight. This could very well be an excellently cheesy "very good" optics ATGM armed recon Helo with its impressive 4 HP :lol:

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Fri 10 Feb 2017 02:40

nuke92 wrote:+1

In it's current form it would boost PAH-2 significantly, excellent optics, good stealth, F&F Trigat combo. With Stingers, rockets and 4 Trigats it would still be very situational but worth the recon slot and points actually. It wouldn't be tank hunting rampage like Longbow that's for sure.

If it providentially received TRIGAT then I would lobby for it losing its steelth.. there's only one way it would qualify for steelth in my book and requires a model change :lol:

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Fri 10 Feb 2017 07:52

+1

well researched and considering the timeline bending that has already been done with other nations, one could easily add this into the EC lineup

Mephistopheles
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Mephistopheles » Fri 10 Feb 2017 10:30

homerfcb wrote:Good thread and well researched. A big +1 from me.

Actually this would even be a possibility for current wargame. Although being out of time frame, the current armament of the Tiger is nothing that we would have seen in real life. The first Tiger prototypes flew without weapons or completed weapon systems. The first combat ready Tigers appeard after the appeareance of the new ATGM systems.
If cold war continued it's pretty plausible that thing would have developed faster.

Especially the PAH-2 is a clear cold war development. And the main requirement was the capability to destroy modern soviet armor. If you say stuff like the PARS is OOTF, the PAH-2 also is.
Maybe HOT-3 for PAH-2 and Hellfire for french Tiger would be a bit better, though. Theses missiles are simply a bit more ITF. But as it is a clear cold war product, I wouldn't have any problem with a 1997 intro date Tiger.

Before Comanche Fans(Who is actually not a Comanche fan? I like them, too) come up, the difference is that Tiger is already in the game, I wouldn't mind adding the Comanche, but in the first place Tiger should get a realistic loadout, meaning 8xHot-3 or Pars-3 and Hellfires for the french version, well even for the German version Hellfires would be more realistic than the current loadout...

Since france has choosen to arm its Tiger helicopters with Hellfire II the Eugen should offer both varriants in wargame. A Cheaper Tiger helicopter offering the HOT system and a newer more prices system offering Hellfire II Missiles with same stats like AH-64A Hellfires.

Oktoberfest
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Oktoberfest » Fri 10 Feb 2017 13:55

Mephistopheles wrote:
Since france has choosen to arm its Tiger helicopters with Hellfire II the Eugen should offer both varriants in wargame. A Cheaper Tiger helicopter offering the HOT system and a newer more prices system offering Hellfire II Missiles with same stats like AH-64A Hellfires.

But is there actually someone from Eugen left to read these threads ? Haven't seen a message from Madmat for the last 2 months...

Mephistopheles
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Mephistopheles » Fri 10 Feb 2017 14:40

Oktoberfest wrote:
Mephistopheles wrote:

But is there actually someone from Eugen left to read these threads ? Haven't seen a message from Madmat for the last 2 months...

I am not sure if they havent buried the game now after releasing the last DLC. As they said there are no plans for more DLCs. So they might moving ahead to other games/game development.

Oktoberfest
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Oktoberfest » Fri 10 Feb 2017 15:28

That's really bad considering that Wargame is where the most of their fanbase is :( And given the 2000 + hours I've played in the franchise, I'd gladly pay for updates / upgrades / sequels of this game.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”