What would you do if Eugen hired you to remake every infantry tab from scratch?

Eukie
Chief Warrant Officer

What would you do if Eugen hired you to remake every infantry tab from scratch?

Postby Eukie » Mon 13 Feb 2017 20:45

So imagine that we're in some strange alternate universe where the Wargame series was never made, when you get a phonecall from Eugen explaining that you've been headhunted to design the infantry selection for their next game, Wargame. When you arrive at their offices in France, they explain to you that because some strange quirk of company compartmentalization, you're not allowed to talk to the people who're making the vehicle loadouts. Then you're given a quick introduction in the animation skeletons they have for the infantry units and the limitations of the Wargame3 engine.

Then you're told to sit down and draft the infantry tab for each of the 21 nations that Wargame has in our universe.

What would you? I'm genuinely interested in knowing how people would make infantry tabs if they were given near-complete creative freedom and weren't bound by conventions set by previous games.

QUAD
Colonel

Re: What would you do if Eugen hired you to remake every infantry tab from scratch?

Postby QUAD » Mon 13 Feb 2017 20:48

Norwegian infantry would be able to fly.
Mobile Units Operational :!:

captaincarnage
Major

Re: What would you do if Eugen hired you to remake every infantry tab from scratch?

Postby captaincarnage » Mon 13 Feb 2017 20:53

SAS would have ground transports.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Mon 13 Feb 2017 21:13

I had an idea of making the basic unit of Wargame a 3-man group.

As such, basic mechanized infantry is made out of 2 detachments of 3 - 2x rifle + 1x mg, 2x rifle + 1x AT. Has (the possibility of) a good transport.

Basic motorized/airborne infantry is made out of 3 detachments of 3 - 2x rifle + 1x mg, 2x rifle + 1x AT, 2x rifle +1x grenade launcher/sniper rifle, but suffers from a shitty transport.

Basic naval infantry is made out of 4 such detachments, etc.

Further benefit of this system is that you could theoretically split a squad so you can cover more ground. Also, some nations can have all rifles carry a LAW-type weapon or a rifle grenade. Or a hand grenade for CQC. Stuff like that. Much potential.
Last edited by HrcAk47 on Mon 13 Feb 2017 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Mon 13 Feb 2017 21:15

Flying Motschützen
/s
Last edited by nuke92 on Mon 13 Feb 2017 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

ToTheMetal
Command Sergeant Major

Postby ToTheMetal » Mon 13 Feb 2017 21:19

nuke92 wrote:Flying Motschützen

MILINT is that you?

Ribar
Warrant Officer

Postby Ribar » Mon 13 Feb 2017 21:34

New proto US infantry
10 men on 5 Hiller VZ-1 Pawnee with 2 SMAWs (one for each weapon slot) and 3 M60s (would be an M60 with 3x the RoF). 8-)
Considering current wargame infantry speed scaling, I would be generous and put it to 100km/h.
Instantly dropping out fo Chinook and right into the action. Oh, and very good optics.

Well, while we're at flying infantry. :mrgreen:
Image :mrgreen:

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Mon 13 Feb 2017 21:36

ToTheMetal wrote:

MILINT is that you?

It never gets old :lol: :lol:
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Mon 13 Feb 2017 21:43

There would be no SF in the infantry tab. Period. SF would go in a strategic/theater asset tab with free flight artillery rockets/tactical ballistic missiles, non-divisional SAMs and those myriad other assets you would almost never see on the front lines of a conventional war or a divisional ToE.

Three kinds of infantry: Militia, Regulars, Shock (shock encompasses those non-SF units currently classified shock and elite).

Many more kinds of infantry weapons teams, heavy RR/ATGM teams, AGL/HMG teams, infantry mortar teams.

Far more suppressive and killing power from STAT MMGs. Line squads carry considerably more AT weaponry and ammunition. Line squads modeled to reflect the firepower of an infantry platoon.

SoF may have excellent cqb capabilities but lack long range suppresive fires from MMG section. SF modeled to reflect the firepower of a team.
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Mon 13 Feb 2017 21:44

I would probably be assassinated in the night by Razzmann and have my identity stolen. Then again, I kinda want to see him walk around in heels.

Secondary accounts warrant instant perma-ban.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”