Potential work around for top attack missiles

caskwine
Staff Sergeant

Potential work around for top attack missiles

Postby caskwine » Sat 18 Feb 2017 08:57

So, i have had an idea. Whether or not it can be implemented i do not know.

So the game already has both rocket artillery, artillery and other systems hitting the top armour of tanks and vehicles.

would it be possible to make either an artillery rocket or artillery round track a target (make it guided) ???

this would mean that top attack missile systems would technically be working as artillery systems, but it would avoid unesseary stuffing around with atgm s...

just a thought anyways

axnone
First Sergeant

Re: Potential work around for top attack missiles

Postby axnone » Sat 18 Feb 2017 09:19

Don`t forget why LGBs got a nerf.

At least LGB on planes were interceptable with ASFs and radar SAMs,guided shells would be a disaster.
二营长你他娘的PLZ-45呢,给我拉来!
Spoiler : :
A better Zhanshi`85(`90) for China!
RPG and\or price buff,Type 81 optional.
Dream come true?
:arrow: http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=59331#p1019327

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Sat 18 Feb 2017 09:33

axnone wrote:Don`t forget why LGBs got a nerf.

At least LGB on planes were interceptable with ASFs and radar SAMs,guided shells would be a disaster.

Because even long range heavy AA was unable to stun them before they released their payload meaning investing 120 points would kill something worth up to 160 pts with a 100% chance and even if there was heavy AA or ASFs around you could still get lucky and survive to kill a second or third tank later.

LGB nerf is the reason why superheavies actually see real action now.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sat 18 Feb 2017 09:36

I'm pretty sure that modders have gotten top-attack weapons working by giving them the [CLUS] tag that makes them always strike top armour. Problem is, top armour is abstracted in the game and working out what the 'correct' AP should be for your missile is quite difficult. If you have realistic AP values on the same scale as other ATGMs then a Hafiz will be able to one-shot every ground vehicle in the entire game and an RBS-56 team will instantly put paid to 90% of stuff. That's not very good for gameplay.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Sat 18 Feb 2017 10:04

I have some of the mechanics mentioned here in my mod. Artillery shells are ballistic projectiles in wargame, they cannot be guided or intercepted. So implementing your idea as it is seems to be impossible. One can however make ATGMs hit top armor, but as FrangibleCover said, tagging would hurt gameplay a lot, as those ATGMs would one-hit pretty much everything. The best way is IMO just to give them a high AP value.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

axnone
First Sergeant

Postby axnone » Sat 18 Feb 2017 10:07

urogard wrote:Because even long range heavy AA was unable to stun them before they released their payload meaning investing 120 points would kill something worth up to 160 pts with a 100% chance and even if there was heavy AA or ASFs around you could still get lucky and survive to kill a second or third tank later.

LGB nerf is the reason why superheavies actually see real action now.

Ok my bad,looks like I didn`t express myself clearly.

What I was trying to say that LGB planes were ABLE to counter, while guided arty are untouchable unless you have long range arty as well and even then, if the opponent`s arty piece(s) moves,you end up with your units smashed to bits and the opponent ROFL.

the KD ratio would turn from roughly 3:4 to 0:4. LOL

Guided arty is a no IMO
二营长你他娘的PLZ-45呢,给我拉来!
Spoiler : :
A better Zhanshi`85(`90) for China!
RPG and\or price buff,Type 81 optional.
Dream come true?
:arrow: http://forums.eugensystems.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=59331#p1019327

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Sat 18 Feb 2017 10:59

axnone wrote:What I was trying to say that LGB planes were ABLE to counter, while guided arty are untouchable unless you have long range arty as well and even then, if the opponent`s arty piece(s) moves,you end up with your units smashed to bits and the opponent ROFL.

the KD ratio would turn from roughly 3:4 to 0:4. LOL

Guided arty is a no IMO

Totally with you on this one

hell fucking no actually to guided arty

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Sat 18 Feb 2017 12:04

But.. :( Muh Smerch.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Sat 18 Feb 2017 12:08

caskwine wrote:So, i have had an idea. Whether or not it can be implemented i do not know.

So the game already has both rocket artillery, artillery and other systems hitting the top armour of tanks and vehicles.

would it be possible to make either an artillery rocket or artillery round track a target (make it guided) ???

this would mean that top attack missile systems would technically be working as artillery systems, but it would avoid unesseary stuffing around with atgm s...

just a thought anyways

The top attack is not modeled because of balacne reasons. It would be imossible to get price and avail for weapon which one hit kill even the best tanks in the game...

This is also true for bombs and LGB. In RL none of tank can survive a direct hit of a 250kg/500lb bomb while in WG can do multiple...

cuoshen
Private First-Class

Postby cuoshen » Sun 19 Feb 2017 05:21

molnibalage wrote:
caskwine wrote:So, i have had an idea. Whether or not it can be implemented i do not know.

just a thought anyways

The top attack is not modeled because of balacne reasons. It would be imossible to get price and avail for weapon which one hit kill even the best tanks in the game...

This is also true for bombs and LGB. In RL none of tank can survive a direct hit of a 250kg/500lb bomb while in WG can do multiple...

Well actually the top atgm planes like the kahu can take out a top tank in one strike...
But I don't think it is advicable to have that degree of realism, otherwise the airforce is gonna be too op.
一口气把习近平炸到火星去! :D

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”