Eugen support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

varis
Brigadier

Re: What can we expect from Eugen regarding support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

Postby varis » Fri 3 Mar 2017 21:29

FrangibleCover wrote:I'm pretty sure Eugen will be back to Wargame once Steel Division releases, if the 2nd project isn't Wargame itself. Maybe this Wargame, maybe another, but back to Wargame for sure. We've made them too much money and there's too much DLC potential for them to ignore :lol:.

I agree on the brand value of WarGame and it sure has commercial potential.

However post release of SD there is the 6-12 month period during which they are racing to make the things really work and it is determined whether the game is really a success or not. RD probably wouldn't get that many patches during that time.

Partibrejker
Command Sergeant Major

Re: What can we expect from Eugen regarding support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

Postby Partibrejker » Fri 3 Mar 2017 21:49

Has there been any official info (besides pictures) that portray the gameplay of SD, aka, is it WW2 WG, is it RUSE spiritual sequel or something third?

Besides that I think that I am not alone hoping that this series is not going to become substitute for WG and that is not going to be dlc spam fest, when the game in the end costs 100+ euros (I am very afraid because the collaboration with Paradox, very afraid :mrgreen: )
Spoiler : :

antizombies_boy
Sergeant Major

Postby antizombies_boy » Sat 4 Mar 2017 00:29

I'm really disappointed. WWII is a classic, I know, we know, but it's a really saturated era, with shooters, RTS, game by turns, simulators and more... and it eliminates a lot of variety of units that currently are in Wargame. I don't think that Wargame dies with Red Dragon, but it means that, almost, we will have to wait one year to see an announcement about Wargame future.

I don't think I'll play this game.... Cold War always will be better in terms of variety, knowing that probably the unique nations playable will be France (with luck), UK, USA and Germany (what a fun). Nothing new in a new game...

Guns, rockets, bombs, artillery, rifles, machine guns and few more will be the weapons options (bye bye missiles, radars, helicopters,)... SM Normandy 44' is a title that could wait to be released

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Sun 5 Mar 2017 06:51

SD 44 is the Horus Heresy to Wargame's Great Crusade.

Oh, what I wouldn't have given to get a Wargame based in the Horus Heresy, instead it's more "WW2-greatest-setting-ever" crap.

thelizardofdoom
Sergeant First-Class

Postby thelizardofdoom » Sun 5 Mar 2017 07:24

I don't know if they can tickle my fancy the way wargame did but I will give them a chance. I like paradox, I have been playing supreme ruler ultimate a lot lately.

Either way thanks Eugen for wargame, you guys are awesome and I will support your future endeavour whthwr I like it more than wargame or not.

Edit: my phone doesn't like Eugen's name.
Last edited by thelizardofdoom on Sun 19 Mar 2017 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Yes im aware my grammar and spelling are dreadful. Email complaints to android for having terrible software or eugen for having a mobile unfriendly site.

M4jor
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby M4jor » Sun 5 Mar 2017 14:31

I honestly do not expect anything for Wargame anymore. DLCs are nice, paid or not, but they burn their "fuel" of beeing new and shiny in less than 2 weeks, for Wargame return to its previous state without much changing.
Some DLC bring totally useless 10vs10 maps (been weeks since I last saw a russian toi... roulette game at all), a map with is basically a rude gesture of "that is what we think you are" against the 10vs10 community.

My hope is on Steel Division to fix the major gameplay Issues the wargame series has and that probably never will be fixed.
I get the feeling that EUGEN lost the faith in Wargams development or in its potential to evolve into something (even) better.

For me, Steel Division will hopefully replace Red Dragon in total, never to look back.

A first sight of the screenshots confiremd: craters in Steel division are at actual ground level, not 30 feet below lol. Promising!

chainsaw
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby chainsaw » Mon 6 Mar 2017 01:33

M4jor wrote:Some DLC bring totally useless 10vs10 maps (been weeks since I last saw a russian toi... roulette game at all), a map with is basically a rude gesture of "that is what we think you are" against the 10vs10 community.

It is not because Russian roulette is useless or bad, but because players are lazy when they have the right to choose the map in a not-so-large community.

Russian roulette is not a arty-noob friendly map to be honest. That's why many people don't like it, especially 10v10 heavy players. I suggest not let players to choose the map for 10v10 game with not-so-large player-base. Players should not always exploit the map to let the game down in the community.

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Mon 6 Mar 2017 02:06

I find the concept of using divisions as a template promising in a cold war setting, I'm sure this would translate well eventually into an early cold war theme once the engine is developed.

Hell with adequate modding support this engine and game scale has the promise to support a hell of a WW1 mod or even Civil War/Napoleonic theme
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Mon 6 Mar 2017 04:59

We really shouldn't view the WWII setting as a bad thing. Is it Cold War? Of course not, but is it bad for us (and Eugen)? No.

This means towed systems and more depth placed in the infantry in a game that uses an engine at least related to (if not derived) from the Wargame version of IRISZOOM. This is an opportunity for Eugen to try something new and pull in a bigger audience, which means a bigger (potential) fanbase (for a future Wargame title) and raise more funds for potentially greater funding put into any future titles. We get to see Eugen really try to work out issues that have plagued the modeling in Wargame and try out different things. Lessons learned here can only help future additions to the Wargame series.

Lumi
Sergeant

The End of Red Dragon

Postby Lumi » Mon 6 Mar 2017 08:37

Now that Steel Division : Normandy 44 is coming, what will this mean for Wargame : Dragon?
Will it be continued to be kept alive trough patches and DLC?

......or will it suffer the final and ultimate showdown of destruction?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 8.36.06.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 8.36.06.png (546.33 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
Last edited by [EUG]MadMat on Mon 6 Mar 2017 11:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”