Eugen support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

M4jor
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: What can we expect from Eugen regarding support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

Postby M4jor » Mon 6 Mar 2017 11:48

chainsaw wrote:
M4jor wrote:Some DLC bring totally useless 10vs10 maps (been weeks since I last saw a russian toi... roulette game at all), a map with is basically a rude gesture of "that is what we think you are" against the 10vs10 community.

It is not because Russian roulette is useless or bad, but because players are lazy when they have the right to choose the map in a not-so-large community.

Russian roulette is not a arty-noob friendly map to be honest. That's why many people don't like it, especially 10v10 heavy players. I suggest not let players to choose the map for 10v10 game with not-so-large player-base. Players should not always exploit the map to let the game down in the community.

Thats the common misconception. Russian Roulette has nothing to do with arty players. The latter are still a minority even in 10vs10 games. At the same time, the amount of arty spam on russian roulette is not less than on any other map.

Russian Roulette is just bad game design because the map does not work well with how wargame works. That is what I find irritating the most. A map that was clearly not meant for wargame, but to fool the 10vs10 community.

But nvm.... it would be a good map with a classic front vs. front layout, but probably will never happen now.

chainsaw

Re: What can we expect from Eugen regarding support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

Postby chainsaw » Mon 6 Mar 2017 20:30

M4jor wrote:
Thats the common misconception. Russian Roulette has nothing to do with arty players. The latter are still a minority even in 10vs10 games. At the same time, the amount of arty spam on russian roulette is not less than on any other map.

Russian Roulette is just bad game design because the map does not work well with how wargame works. That is what I find irritating the most. A map that was clearly not meant for wargame, but to fool the 10vs10 community.

But nvm.... it would be a good map with a classic front vs. front layout, but probably will never happen now.

I doubt arty players are minority in 10v10 games according to my hundreds of thousands 10v10 experience. It prevails along with aeroplane players. And, you cannot deny that, in Asgard, one single front line makes arty safer than Russian Roulette. And I can tell that the side will fail very quickly if Roulette has more than one 'support player's. So why pick roulette to challenge themselves when another safe arty map can be chosen?

And you just say Roulette is not suitable for wargame because there is no clear front line and above is the reason why most people (noobs) hate 'no single front line' since they can't even sustain a steady frontline by themselves. They just want to hide behind other players to get some easy points, and also it is the reason why many choose to play 10v10 instead of 1v1 to 4v4 :lol:

M4jor

Postby M4jor » Mon 6 Mar 2017 23:27

chainsaw wrote:
M4jor wrote:

I doubt arty players are minority in 10v10 games according to my hundreds of thousands 10v10 experience. It prevails along with aeroplane players. And, you cannot deny that, in Asgard, one single front line makes arty safer than Russian Roulette. And I can tell that the side will fail very quickly if Roulette has more than one 'support player's. So why pick roulette to challenge themselves when another safe arty map can be chosen?

And you just say Roulette is not suitable for wargame because there is no clear front line and above is the reason why most people (noobs) hate 'no single front line' since they can't even sustain a steady frontline by themselves. They just want to hide behind other players to get some easy points, and also it is the reason why many choose to play 10v10 instead of 1v1 to 4v4 :lol:

Well, I think we have different oppinions about motivation here, then.
The hell of hells is clearly 3vs3 and 4vs4 timed destruction, where it appears to be common that both sides are camping hard and try to get as many points possible with arty and planes of all sorts.

Conquest is different, but you really can only play it with a team vs. another team, it just sux like hell in casual or random lobbies. Its also unsuitable for 10vs10.

Russian Roulette is just bad because it has so many air spawns. Half of them would suffice and spread more unevenly across the map, too. This would lead to a "to be" frontline and "main bases" which still would be fun without destroying the map concept.

I was really eager to play Russian Roulette, but really every game I played on it was a huge letdown, no matter if I won or lost.
Stomps were over in minutes, all other games ended up in random chaos and random spam :D

Yo, well. Dunno why I still waste time writing here to be honest. We clearly see its now completly in vain to discuss anything regarded Wargame at all.

McNash
Lieutenant

Postby McNash » Tue 7 Mar 2017 01:00

KattiValk wrote:
Comrade_Bane wrote:Where have we heard this one before?

**cough** AOA **cough**.
Isn't it a lovely coincidence that a new realism focused RTT that is likely going to be close to Wargame comes right after the failure of the arcadey base holding centric AoA? Eugen swapped publishers and is working in a safe (if overdone) time frame. I'm sure you can tell the difference between these. A large reason of why AoA failed was Eugen's primary playerbase in Wargame dropped AoA like a live grenade. In contrast to AoA, Steel Division is shaping up to be much closer to what most of us look for.

Give it a chance.

Oh, you see, my money will not go to the WW2 RTT, neither to the 40k MOBA-esque RTS, no.

It will go to the silver-haired sword-wielding android from a genre that isn't even strategy.

I am still wondering how is that I ended in such an scenario, I suppose this is just another blow in a rather awful and disappointing year...

Well at least we got Touhou 15.5 so not all could be wrong, also 2B=grown up Youmu

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Tue 7 Mar 2017 02:02

McNash wrote:Oh, you see, my money will not go to the WW2 RTT, neither to the 40k MOBA-esque RTS, no.
You're perfectly entitled to spend your money however you want. However, damming Eugen for making a different game simply based on its setting as if they somehow wronged you personally on a spiritual level is childish.

Guggy
General

Re: Eugen support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

Postby Guggy » Tue 7 Mar 2017 02:40

I'd say RD should wrap it up. Let the lessons learned go forward into future games.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 7 Mar 2017 16:21

KattiValk wrote:
McNash wrote:Oh, you see, my money will not go to the WW2 RTT, neither to the 40k MOBA-esque RTS, no.
You're perfectly entitled to spend your money however you want. However, damming Eugen for making a different game simply based on its setting as if they somehow wronged you personally on a spiritual level is childish.

The level of butthurt people seem to be showing is both funny and sad. Didn't know there were so many neckbeards and m'lady's here.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Tue 7 Mar 2017 17:42

Xeno426 wrote:
KattiValk wrote:

The level of butthurt people seem to be showing is both funny and sad. Didn't know there were so many neckbeards and m'lady's here.

Would you not expect fans to have an emotional involvement with the game(s)?

Think I now understand why they didn't call it a WarGame. (Assuming it has much in common with WarGame, one can always wish I guess :) )

frostypooky
Lieutenant General

Postby frostypooky » Tue 7 Mar 2017 18:05

Guggy wrote:I'd say RD should wrap it up. Let the lessons learned go forward into future games.

yup, RD is too bloated to meaningfully throw bandaids over balance or give a last minjute powercreep buff to the RD nations. they really need to come back to this in 2-3 years with a fresh unit roster and rethought modern weaponry (eg clusters, ATGM balance)

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Tue 7 Mar 2017 20:47

frostypooky wrote:
Guggy wrote:I'd say RD should wrap it up. Let the lessons learned go forward into future games.

yup, RD is too bloated to meaningfully throw bandaids over balance or give a last minjute powercreep buff to the RD nations. they really need to come back to this in 2-3 years with a fresh unit roster and rethought modern weaponry (eg clusters, ATGM balance)

I have a dream that clusters on planes become useful....

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”