Eugen support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

antizombies_boy
First Sergeant

Re: Eugen support for this game now that SD has been revealed?

Postby antizombies_boy » Mon 13 Mar 2017 19:12

Xeno426 wrote:
Mike wrote:
antizombies_boy wrote:Steel Division sucks

You haven't even seen gameplay and it sucks? Give me a fucking break.

Doomprophet alert.

It sucks in the way that at 1st sight it looks like a Wargame in WWII, and, like I said, cause it doesn't bring anything new. Another RTS of WWII, the best idea? Neither a good idea, knowing that WWII games exist since the first pc games in history. Another title of WWII, another game with SS, with Tigers, Churchills, Panzers, P-51 Mustangs and Bf-109. How can u call it "new game" if it's the more used timeframe in Pc games since the start of the Ages. The weapons will be only machine guns, main guns, rockets, and bombs (maybe some bazooka with luck...). Wargame has die and Steel Division it's only a vulture eating it body...

Eugen decides to create a new community instead of to mind this community. I don't know how, after pay 3 national DLC's, you aren't outraged with Eugen. I'm not saying that Steel Division should be destroyed and sent to deep space (or maybe yes.... WWII can be all but not an original theatre) but Eugen should announce what's the future of Wargame before reveal this bastard title (what it is clearly based in Wargame). It's an insult, and I feel really disappointed because I thought that Eugen cares its players....

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Mon 13 Mar 2017 19:33

antizombies_boy wrote:
It sucks in the way that at 1st sight it looks like a Wargame in WWII, and, like I said, cause it doesn't bring anything new. Another RTS of WWII, the best idea? Neither a good idea, knowing that WWII games exist since the first pc games in history. Another title of WWII, another game with SS, with Tigers, Churchills, Panzers, P-51 Mustangs and Bf-109. How can u call it "new game" if it's the more used timeframe in Pc games since the start of the Ages. The weapons will be only machine guns, main guns, rockets, and bombs (maybe some bazooka with luck...). Wargame has die and Steel Division it's only a vulture eating it body...

Eugen decides to create a new community instead of to mind this community. I don't know how, after pay 3 national DLC's, you aren't outraged with Eugen. I'm not saying that Steel Division should be destroyed and sent to deep space (or maybe yes.... WWII can be all but not an original theatre) but Eugen should announce what's the future of Wargame before reveal this bastard title (what it is clearly based in Wargame). It's an insult, and I feel really disappointed because I thought that Eugen cares its players....

Yes, thats why you bought the DLC, to get a new wargame, not because people have been asking for DLC nations.

Clearly you have been mistreated and betrayed because you wanted something that they've never talked about or promised.
Viker for ingen!

Partibrejker
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Partibrejker » Mon 13 Mar 2017 20:15

I think WG is safe, to elaborate:
SD is there to give birth to another series and to let eugen develop new tech levels, experiment with gameplay options and to probably stop wg series of exaustion(if new game was released non stop it would turn into football manager series where new game looks like new version, not a new game) . To translate: am I happy to see something that is not wg - no, am I happy that Eugen is going to experiment with sd and not wg - yes, because that means that chances for new wg to make a bad turn are muuuuuch lesser to happen. (Though I would not mind more nation dlc packs for wargame) :)
PS
Have no worries there is 0 chance that Eugen would drop their most famous franchise, and for support, I believe that new patches could happen just woth lesser frequency(for IL2 sturmovik the patches were still alive in 2015 I think)
Spoiler : :

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 13 Mar 2017 20:48

orcbuster wrote:Clearly you have been mistreated and betrayed because you wanted something that they've never talked about or promised.

The promise people have convinced themselves was made is the most real promise of all.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Mon 13 Mar 2017 21:02

Let's wait and see.
It is disappointing that WG get's dropped like a hot potatoe after the last DLC, right after the holidays with radio silence for two months.

When there are still things that need to be patched.
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 13 Mar 2017 21:15

antizombies_boy wrote:It sucks in the way that at 1st sight it looks like a Wargame in WWII, and, like I said, cause it doesn't bring anything new. Another RTS of WWII, the best idea? Neither a good idea, knowing that WWII games exist since the first pc games in history. Another title of WWII, another game with SS, with Tigers, Churchills, Panzers, P-51 Mustangs and Bf-109. How can u call it "new game" if it's the more used timeframe in Pc games since the start of the Ages. The weapons will be only machine guns, main guns, rockets, and bombs (maybe some bazooka with luck...). Wargame has die and Steel Division it's only a vulture eating it body...

Aside from the fact that the last WW2 RTS on the battalion/brigade level that I'm aware of was RUSE all of 7 years ago, Steel Division seems to have a slightly wider variety of units than the usual. Char B1 Bis? Universal Carrier Wasp? Dollars to Donuts we get a Centaur CS and how many games have one of those? We're losing missiles and helicopters and WW2 fundamentally has fewer massively powerful units than Wargame but then again, a new start with minimal to no Unicorns is no bad thing and there's a commitment to realism that we've not seen in a while here. Furthermore, the overhauls of such mechanics as the CV system and probably artillery seem like they're going to raise the bar compared to Wargame.

Eh. I admit that I partially bought the DLC because I guessed the money would go towards Wargame II with overhauled mechanics and a fresh start with all of the problems that have built up over the last three games stripped away. I had no real expectations for a return on that investment and I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised by the Wargame II that I'm getting. To complain about its setting seems a little churlish now, given that Eugen were under no obligation not to spend my money in the establishment across the street.

The other thing is that the Eugen Steel Division forum seems pretty active to me and we're still blessed with the same dedicated community with a minimal number of Wehraboos and a large and growing number of keen players-to-be. MadMat is hanging about and we're getting drip-fed information at the usual agonising rate, this is not just a vestigial forum hanging onto the end of the Paradox juggernaut of snooty GSG players :D.

Regarding Wargame:
nuke92 wrote:Let's wait and see.

;)
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 13 Mar 2017 21:16

antizombies_boy wrote:snip

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Mon 13 Mar 2017 21:22

Future Wargame can only profit from SD. Towed stuff, 4 weapons, coaxs, better urban combat, better morale, frontline mechanic... Maybe even maps can be recycled, for that "T-80U at La Manche" scenario :mrgreen:

All of it is good stuff, directly applicable in Wargame scenario. When it comes, it will be good.

(and oh so many ww2-vintage artillery weapon models that can be used to make Yugo even more OP)
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 13 Mar 2017 22:13

FrangibleCover wrote:The other thing is that the Eugen Steel Division forum seems pretty active to me and we're still blessed with the same dedicated community with a minimal number of Wehraboos

Oh, just wait. They'll come. If you build a WWII game, they will come.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

GARGEAN
Brigadier

Postby GARGEAN » Mon 13 Mar 2017 22:21

Xeno426 wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:The other thing is that the Eugen Steel Division forum seems pretty active to me and we're still blessed with the same dedicated community with a minimal number of Wehraboos

Oh, just wait. They'll come. If you build a WWII game, they will come.

Dam... I really, REALLY hope that upper guy was just a fattish troll...

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”