Increase cluster bomb fall speed

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Increase cluster bomb fall speed

Postby Mike » Thu 30 Mar 2017 21:08

HrcAk47 wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:Why should cluster bombs fall faster than slick iron bombs, though?

It's more about how both types of bombs should be falling at the same rate. 9.81 m/s^2. Besides, not many iron bombs are slick.

Drag should not be a thing that's simulated here, since it is not simulated on plane loads (the Peace Pheasant flies and turns like an ASF Phantom II).

I know the F-16s that the Netherlands have in game have different turn rates.
Courtesy of KattiValk

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Fri 31 Mar 2017 01:27

HrcAk47 wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:Why should cluster bombs fall faster than slick iron bombs, though?

It's more about how both types of bombs should be falling at the same rate. 9.81 m/s^2.

That's just the rate of acceleration of the fall speed. Who says you can't have them start at more than 0 m/s

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Fri 31 Mar 2017 02:38

urogard wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:

It's more about how both types of bombs should be falling at the same rate. 9.81 m/s^2.

That's just the rate of acceleration of the fall speed. Who says you can't have them start at more than 0 m/s

L-15M carries both HE and Cluster.

Cluster falls way slower.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Fri 31 Mar 2017 15:38

Hrc again brings up a "Buff Yugo" agenda. :roll: :roll: :roll:

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 31 Mar 2017 17:31

Seryn wrote:Hrc again brings up a "Buff Yugo" agenda. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The L-15M the only aircraft in game that drops both cluster bombs and HE bombs and is therefore the best way to compare their rates of fall. If you want to attack him, at least go the extra step and ask why it's the only aircraft with those capabilities in game.

Because it's a cool idea but it requires someone to come up with it, that's probably why.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Fri 31 Mar 2017 17:46

FrangibleCover wrote:
Seryn wrote:Hrc again brings up a "Buff Yugo" agenda. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The L-15M the only aircraft in game that drops both cluster bombs and HE bombs and is therefore the best way to compare their rates of fall. If you want to attack him, at least go the extra step and ask why it's the only aircraft with those capabilities in game.

Because it's a cool idea but it requires someone to come up with it, that's probably why.

There's also the A-37B Dragonfly that Worst Korea uses, but it suffers from 600 airspeed @ 0 ECM. It was a plane I wanted to love, but I simply couldn't. And to top off, it has those useless Sidewinders that just ramp up the price.

Of course, the things changed :mrgreen:

Mixed loadouts are something that can make MiG-21 great again (for smaller nations), thanks to the sheer utility that a 1000 km/h platform offers. Other possibilities are HE + Napalm and HE + Thermobarics.

Or damn, just a MiG-21 with 2x ODAB-500 would be dream material for smaller nations.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Fri 31 Mar 2017 20:13

FrangibleCover wrote:The L-15M the only aircraft in game that drops both cluster bombs and HE bombs

South Korea. A-37B Dragonfly. 2xMk-20 Rockeye II and 2xMk-82. I should really read all replies before adding my own.

FrangibleCover wrote:Because it's a cool idea but it requires someone to come up with it, that's probably why.

That would have been Eugen from the very start of RD, then.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 31 Mar 2017 20:24

HrcAk47 wrote:There's also the A-37B Dragonfly that Worst Korea uses,

Xeno426 wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:The L-15M the only aircraft in game that drops both cluster bombs and HE bombs

South Korea. A-37B Dragonfly. 2xMk-20 Rockeye II and 2xMk-82.

FrangibleCover wrote:Because it's a cool idea but it requires someone to come up with it, that's probably why.

That would have been Eugen from the very start of RD, then.

Yeah, okay, I forgot about South Korea. I'm hardly alone in that ;).

HrcAk47 wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:The L-15M the only aircraft in game that drops both cluster bombs and HE bombs and is therefore the best way to compare their rates of fall. If you want to attack him, at least go the extra step and ask why it's the only aircraft with those capabilities in game.

There's also the A-37B Dragonfly that Worst Korea uses, but it suffers from 600 airspeed @ 0 ECM. It was a plane I wanted to love, but I simply couldn't. And to top off, it has those useless Sidewinders that just ramp up the price.

It is odd, I thought it would be such a cool unit but between the awful stats in every other aspect and the clusters not hitting before the bombs (would allow it to crack transports and then kill the infantry) I basically used it a little, took it in the campaign and then forgot all about it's loadout. The real irony of it is that the Sidewinder Bs shouldn't even have fitted on under the 3-slots-only rule since the A-37 has a 7.62 minigun.

Of course, the things changed :mrgreen:

Mixed loadouts are something that can make MiG-21 great again (for smaller nations), thanks to the sheer utility that a 1000 km/h platform offers. Other possibilities are HE + Napalm and HE + Thermobarics.

Or damn, just a MiG-21 with 2x ODAB-500 would be dream material for smaller nations.

Honestly I'm glad you remembered it and pulled the concept from ignominy. Mixed loadouts can make anything great again, not just the MiG-21 but anything else that could carry more than one sort of bomb.

I'd rather FZABs myself though.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Fri 31 Mar 2017 22:31

HrcAk47 wrote:
urogard wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:It's more about how both types of bombs should be falling at the same rate. 9.81 m/s^2.

L-15M carries both HE and Cluster.
Cluster falls way slower.

We seem to be talking about different things

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sat 1 Apr 2017 02:18

HrcAk47 wrote:There's also the A-37B Dragonfly that Worst Korea uses, but it suffers from 600 airspeed @ 0 ECM. It was a plane I wanted to love, but I simply couldn't. And to top off, it has those useless Sidewinders that just ramp up the price.

I don't know why the AIM-9B is even in game..
Courtesy of KattiValk

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”