qReplay: an offline deck browser tool

ascii
Private

qReplay: an offline deck browser tool

Postby ascii » Mon 27 Mar 2017 16:37

Hi,

Just wrote a small application that parses replay files and conveniently shows you all the deck codes that were used since I was kind of tired of copying the json strings all the time. It also shows the units in use like most other websites out there, however it does this offline, which is a bit quicker.

Small notes:

- There is no detailed unit info available at this time, just name, availability, veterancy and price. I had some contact with the author of the recently released Armory tool and there might be some integration there in the future.
- I've not found a good way to find the country codes, which are numeric and sometimes change each patch version, so this is done manually at the time. This happens mostly on older replay files and effects the parsing of the deck, mostly unit availability. If someone knows how to automate this please let me know.
- There might some iffy things going on at first start selecting the replay directory, since it's usually in the Saved Games directory. Let me know if you have any trouble with a non-standard replay directory.

Downloads:

https://github.com/ascii78/qReplay/releases

sexualspaghetti
Corporal

Re: qReplay: an offline deck browser tool

Postby sexualspaghetti » Tue 28 Mar 2017 04:35

Wow nice, i really think Eugen should make a deck builder mobile app that could import and export deck codes. That'd be neato.

homerfcb
Lieutenant

Postby homerfcb » Sun 2 Apr 2017 14:01

Nice work.
Could be sticky, before this thread makes it way into nowhere and nobody will know that such a tool exists.
The big nerf whiners thread, much controversal stuff, some suggestions and some more stuff, also with a big Patriot range explanation Just klick me, or go here viewtopic.php?f=155&t=48184

throwaway
Lieutenant

Postby throwaway » Sun 2 Apr 2017 20:57

linked u in my thread for what it's worth

tarantella
Private

Postby tarantella » Mon 14 Jan 2019 10:32

Hi, this tool is great!
I have read that it is not "possible" to fetch more data from replay files than is already done by various tools like this. With the risk of sounding persistently stupid, how far fetch is it to come up with a fully controlled "video player".
My hope is to get an easy way to fetch data from replay files like kills and casualties, conquest points etc.
I can see this talked about, but not totally sure if it has been given up on...

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”