New Nations that can be added

HrcAk47
Colonel

Re: New Nations that can be added

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 28 Mar 2017 12:04

As it stands today, Altay will remain a meme well into the 2020, as Germany recently forbid the export of engines and other parts.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 28 Mar 2017 12:42

DarkKnightz01k wrote:
molnibalage wrote:Problem is the same as in your another thread... Adding most of these nations would not mean anything new because their units will be carbon copy of existing units...

The last DLCs gave such fantasy units which are simply laughable...

i think you might be pointing about ISRAEL.

Nope, FIN and YUG. Israel was only the first step but what YUG and FIN got is simply funny. This is why I was against DLC. I rather would like to get an RD2.0. with updated engine and DB. Today I will uninstall RD because I have not played it with since weeks and I cannot see it ever will be fixed. STDN is incoming, end of WG era. ALB remanins of HDD because is more fun to play with it than RD...

DarkKnightz01k
Corporal

Postby DarkKnightz01k » Tue 28 Mar 2017 15:20

FrangibleCover wrote:The community is somewhat ahead of you on this one, I'm afraid.

i checked all the threads of Non-Included Nations. some good work done there and with pics added.

But i think Wikipedia and Google alone, lists almost all the Equipment of Armies used , correctly updated and which were/are in service
ever.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Tue 28 Mar 2017 15:21

DarkKnightz01k wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:The community is somewhat ahead of you on this one, I'm afraid.

i checked all the threads of Non-Included Nations. some good work done there and with pics added.

But i think Wikipedia and Google alone, lists almost all the Equipment of Armies used , correctly updated and which were/are in service
ever.

[screams internally]
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Tue 28 Mar 2017 15:35

HrcAk47 wrote:
DarkKnightz01k wrote:

ever.

[screams internally]

[S-300s in Serbo-Croat]

More seriously, because I don't think you're actually trying to make Hrc have a heart attack, Wikipedia is not a good source for this kind of thing. There are lots of different sites you can use, all of which are heavily flawed, but you can kind of get by if you cross check your sources. The best thing you can do is ask people who were in the relevant military at the time or dig up source documents from the national archives or similar but that isn't always possible.

Only today a Wikipedia reference that I forgot to cross check was pointed out to me in the Belgian thread. Just as an example, use the Wikipedia list of Belgian equipment and compare it to my one (shameless plug, have I mentioned I have a poll running?). You can see the differences and the evolution of the proposal from Vulcan's quote of the original proposal. That's for a well documented and free Western nation with a variety of English sources that Wiki can use.

Now try to do the same thing for Hrc's Bulgaria or Steppewolf's Romania. This shit is not easy, and I only do the easier bits.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Seryn
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby Seryn » Tue 28 Mar 2017 16:39

DarkKnightz01k wrote:
molnibalage wrote:Problem is the same as in your another thread... Adding most of these nations would not mean anything new because their units will be carbon copy of existing units...

The last DLCs gave such fantasy units which are simply laughable...

i think you might be pointing about ISRAEL.

Nope, Yugo, Israel is meme-soft in comparison to Yugo. They have an HE Rocket and Napalm Rocket Armored Car for dirt cheap, and a Plane that is more fantasy than the Altay is today.

Fodder
Sergeant Major

Postby Fodder » Tue 28 Mar 2017 19:03

No more nations plz, Less Is More.
Eugen bit more than wat they can chew wen making Red Dragon.
Adding Japan and Anzac was way too much work they couldve been excluded, along with destroyers.

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Tue 28 Mar 2017 19:08

use existing threads in off-topic
Viker for ingen!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”