How to push/advance as the US

sondawg18401
Private

How to push/advance as the US

Postby sondawg18401 » Sun 2 Apr 2017 10:58

Hi guys, it's my first time posting here so please go easy on me :D
I want some tips on advancing, specifically as the US because I am having a difficult time taking enemy positions. Please, any tips would be fine as I want to listen to different perspectives as well.
Remember, anything would be fine :D
Thanks guys

HrcAk47
Colonel

Re: How to push/advance as the US

Postby HrcAk47 » Sun 2 Apr 2017 12:45

Pretty much like anyone else.

Arty, smoke (have a card of mortars), infantry (preferentially Marines or Deltas), fire support (CEV, PIVADS), reinforcements (some nice tank, Light Riflemen 90...).
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

homerfcb
Lieutenant

Postby homerfcb » Sun 2 Apr 2017 13:59

LPVTA1s plus Marines ist imo the best thing US has to offer in inf departement. I also like LAV-Ms, but that's maybe just because I like wheeled stuff.
You have a serious lack of AP, so you have to use your mortars a lot to get around enemy armor and push with Longbows and M1A2s in the right moment.
The big nerf whiners thread, much controversal stuff, some suggestions and some more stuff, also with a big Patriot range explanation Just klick me, or go here viewtopic.php?f=155&t=48184

sondawg18401
Private

Postby sondawg18401 » Sun 2 Apr 2017 14:08

INF wise I have
1 card of Delta in humvees
1 card of Rifleman' 90 in M113
2 cards of Smaw in humvees and LTVPs
1 card of Rifleman' 90 in M2A2

I do not mind AT because 2 cards of SMAWs lol.

So ?
Your guys opinions ?

HrcAk47
Colonel

Postby HrcAk47 » Sun 2 Apr 2017 16:48

Hope the Riflemen are in M113A3, since that transport is a fucking steal (it has 3FAV and SAV for 5 pts).

Drop one card of SMAWs and get Marines 90.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Sun 2 Apr 2017 20:18

HrcAk47 wrote:Hope the Riflemen are in M113A3, since that transport is a fucking steal (it has 3FAV and SAV for 5 pts).

Marines 90 in lpvt is situational, the package is very expensive for what you get.

thelizardofdoom
Sergeant First-Class

Postby thelizardofdoom » Sun 2 Apr 2017 22:07

RoadkillRodger wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:Hope the Riflemen are in M113A3, since that transport is a fucking steal (it has 3FAV and SAV for 5 pts).

Marines 90 in lpvt is situational, the package is very expensive for what you get.

Dat minimize tho. I rather miss the tike when LR were good against inf.
Yes im aware my grammar and spelling are dreadful. Email complaints to android for having terrible software or eugen for having a mobile unfriendly site.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Sun 2 Apr 2017 22:48

Over fields, the easiest way is to spam a few M2A2s with supporting assets (M3A2 nerfs have turned it into a very situational unit). Since the BMP-3 changes and advent of the heavy meta, the only deck that can ROFL stomp with ATGMs besides the US is ISR. If you do play tank centric, make sure there is always a patch of smoke you can hide in to dodge A(T)GMs.

In mixed cover and clearings, screen with Riflemen in M113A3s with plenty of Rangers moving along treelines to keep eyes on the enemy. A lot of success in this sort of combat boils down to your tank micro, which is picking fights intelligently, turning front armor in the right direction, and smoking off your cover and combat areas to avoid AGMs.

In forests, make liberal use of Riflemen backed by SMAWs and/or Marines. Quickly follow up with an Abrams (model depends on situation), to delete anything AT4s and LVTPs can't. Mortar everything.

In towns, throw Deltas around when there isn't much resistance, but in heavier grinding, use Marines backed by SEALs (never leave SEALs alone as GL nerfs have hit SEAL and Formoza pretty hard). Preferably, have some form of heavy HE to drop on the enemy to wrap up battles as fast as possible.

thelizardofdoom wrote:Dat minimize tho. I rather miss the tike when LR were good against inf.
LR were never "good" against infantry, they just weren't garbage tier like Riflemen/Motostrelki.

sondawg18401
Private

Postby sondawg18401 » Mon 3 Apr 2017 00:20

I don't use Marines' 90 as they are very expensive. I have two cards of SMAW because I find them to be exceptionally capable of adapting to any situation when being supported by riflemans or Deltas

sondawg18401
Private

Postby sondawg18401 » Mon 3 Apr 2017 00:21

KattiValk wrote:Over fields, the easiest way is to spam a few M2A2s with supporting assets (M3A2 nerfs have turned it into a very situational unit). Since the BMP-3 changes and advent of the heavy meta, the only deck that can ROFL stomp with ATGMs besides the US is ISR. If you do play tank centric, make sure there is always a patch of smoke you can hide in to dodge A(T)GMs.

In mixed cover and clearings, screen with Riflemen in M113A3s with plenty of Rangers moving along treelines to keep eyes on the enemy. A lot of success in this sort of combat boils down to your tank micro, which is picking fights intelligently, turning front armor in the right direction, and smoking off your cover and combat areas to avoid AGMs.

In forests, make liberal use of Riflemen backed by SMAWs and/or Marines. Quickly follow up with an Abrams (model depends on situation), to delete anything AT4s and LVTPs can't. Mortar everything.

In towns, throw Deltas around when there isn't much resistance, but in heavier grinding, use Marines backed by SEALs (never leave SEALs alone as GL nerfs have hit SEAL and Formoza pretty hard). Preferably, have some form of heavy HE to drop on the enemy to wrap up battles as fast as possible.

thelizardofdoom wrote:Dat minimize tho. I rather miss the tike when LR were good against inf.
LR were never "good" against infantry, they just weren't garbage tier like Riflemen/Motostrelki.

Wait, how were the M3A2 nerfed. They perform very well for me

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”