Why this pay to win policy?

alfred
Corporal

Why this pay to win policy?

Postby alfred » Mon 3 Apr 2017 15:33

I know that it is common in today game industry to initially release overpowered DLCs to increase sales, but after a while it is custom to tune down the new content.

The last two DLCs left red dragon in a very bad spot. Lots of broken units that make the game not fun. I play small games, 1vs1 or 2vs2, and if you don't use the new faction you are automatically at disadvantage.

I was not really interested in new factions as the ones included in the original game were enough for me, I though DLCs were a way to attract more players and make the game support financially viable. I was clearly wrong as I got milked for a worse game experience.

So, is this how wargame ends? MIlked without shame?

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Re: Why this pay to win policy?

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 3 Apr 2017 16:31

Well, you can try the Faustmann Balance Mod. It aims to balance the game more comprehensively than Eugen seems prepared to do.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 3 Apr 2017 21:47

Milked? Overpriced? The DLCs were cheap. :lol:

As far as the balance, yeah, it could use some love. Don't expect it from Eugen anytime soon though.
Courtesy of KattiValk

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Mon 3 Apr 2017 22:23

Mike wrote:Milked? Overpriced? The DLCs were cheap. :lol:

As far as the balance, yeah, it could use some love. Don't expect it from Eugen anytime soon though.

A lot of people say that the balance is off, but personally I think it's better than it has ever been.

I feel like people see 'DLC 'and don't think about specifics before crying OP

alfred
Corporal

Postby alfred » Mon 3 Apr 2017 22:43

RoadkillRodger wrote:I feel like people see 'DLC 'and don't think about specifics before crying OP

Do you want me to be specific? jaakari. It wasn't this bad even with mot shutzen in bmp-1 or 10pt jager.
But the list is long.

Before accusing others of ignorance, feel free to get good.

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Mon 3 Apr 2017 23:02

alfred wrote:
RoadkillRodger wrote:I feel like people see 'DLC 'and don't think about specifics before crying OP

Do you want me to be specific? jaakari. It wasn't this bad even with mot shutzen in bmp-1 or 10pt jager.
But the list is long.

Before accusing others of ignorance, feel free to get good.

Unless you're a BGen I'd feel comfortable saying I know at least as much or more than you. Feel free to pm me if you want to play a match or two as Finland.

I don't personally view jaakari as OP, especially not when you look at Finland's tank, helo, and air tabs. The bmp recon unit could use a 5 point price nerf, but great infantry aren't near as good as they were pre-MG standardization.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 3 Apr 2017 23:13

Why care about Finland when Baltic Front exists.

RoadkillRodger
Lieutenant

Postby RoadkillRodger » Mon 3 Apr 2017 23:27

Razzmann wrote:Why care about Finland when Baltic Front exists.

As the DLC half of the DLC coalition it seemed appropriate.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Mon 3 Apr 2017 23:33

Baltic is pretty damn strong and Jäkaari '90 are borderline OP (very similar to pre-nerf Jäger). Now the fun part is that they actually make RED mixed Mechanized and more so Motorized viable simply through their existence. ;)

In general, DLC nations pushed it too far. Israel already was a joke in some aspects when compared to the pre-existing game balance, having two or three units that should not have been added in the fashion they did make it into the game. But Finland is pushing it and in particular Yugo simply went beyond any reasonable form. While Finland does have some pretty major downsides, Yugo simply features a full unit assortment that puts to shame even the best of standalone nations IN ADDITION to unit stats pulled out of thin air. The latter was discussed in depth already and can be disregarded for the purpose of this thread, as neither Eugen nor our favorite fanboy posse even managed to show basic forms of self-reflection.

By now the game has been patched to the point where playing anything that is not current meta will loose you games against equally skilled opponents. Of course others will highly disagree or won't stop fapping over their little unicorn units they lobbied for (totally not looking at you HrcAk47). For all that its worth, my interest in Wargame is close to reaching a flat zero with the exception of playing a game here and there using some underdog deck while fooling around with some people.

Rant out.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Tue 4 Apr 2017 00:59

RoadkillRodger wrote:
Mike wrote:Milked? Overpriced? The DLCs were cheap. :lol:

A lot of people say that the balance is off, but personally I think it's better than it has ever been.

I feel like people see 'DLC 'and don't think about specifics before crying OP

It stretched the limits further and the DLC nations got more love in general than the original nations. Even Sweden was denied STRV 122 because they didn't want to overshadow the 2A5. Then gave the Netherlands the 2A5. :lol:
Courtesy of KattiValk

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”