Unit update / dlc

markuscz1
Sergeant

Unit update / dlc

Postby markuscz1 » Sat 15 Apr 2017 16:13

So, its been a while since we had some new units for nations that are already in game. For example I do not understand why yugoslavia has soviet upgraded s-10 (sava) but soviets do not. Also more variants to soviet tanks would be nice. And there are some yummy units that you could add, I found this picture while browsing https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=59518634

seems like overhauled t-55 with iglas. Can we expect some DLC/ update anytime soon? Steel division is not for me..

47andrej
Lieutenant

Re: Unit update / dlc

Postby 47andrej » Sat 15 Apr 2017 18:14

markuscz1 wrote:So, its been a while since we had some new units for nations that are already in game. For example I do not understand why yugoslavia has soviet upgraded s-10 (sava) but soviets do not. Also more variants to soviet tanks would be nice. And there are some yummy units that you could add, I found this picture while browsing https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=59518634

seems like overhauled t-55 with iglas. Can we expect some DLC/ update anytime soon? Steel division is not for me..

Dude you are really fast :) That picture is from todays annualy parade in Northkorea.

I admit this tank's Konkurs/Igla/twin MG combo is cool but somewhat OOTF.

I would call him Ch'ŏnma-2017 :mrgreen:

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 16 Apr 2017 02:39

47andrej wrote:I admit this tank's Konkurs/Igla/twin MG combo is cool but somewhat OOTF.

We know from the T-80U that having that front skirt grants you about 20FAV too. Mind you, four weapons slots so it's probably going to be better modelled by Steel Division :lol:
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 17 Apr 2017 03:24

FrangibleCover wrote:
47andrej wrote:I admit this tank's Konkurs/Igla/twin MG combo is cool but somewhat OOTF.

We know from the T-80U that having that front skirt grants you about 20FAV too. Mind you, four weapons slots so it's probably going to be better modelled by Steel Division :lol:

I'm pretty sure weapon slots were never a engine limitation, just a UI limitation since it only displays three.
Courtesy of KattiValk

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Tue 18 Apr 2017 12:27

Mike wrote:I'm pretty sure weapon slots were never a engine limitation, just a UI limitation since it only displays three.

Yep. Guns on planes and helicopters or basically any weapon can be added to a unit. Naval units always had more than three weapons by default.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Tue 18 Apr 2017 13:06

jonas165 wrote:
Mike wrote:I'm pretty sure weapon slots were never a engine limitation, just a UI limitation since it only displays three.

Yep. Guns on planes and helicopters or basically any weapon can be added to a unit. Naval units always had more than three weapons by default.

Absolutely, I remember MadMat's four weapon Trabant, but because the UI limitation means that the unit would have an undisplayed weapon it wouldn't be allowed to have all of that stuff in Red Dragon (or it would have the invisible grenade launchers to cause earthshattering quantities of butthurt). The Steel Division UI redesign would allow all weapons to be displayed though, just another reason to make us a modern SD title!
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Tue 18 Apr 2017 18:00

If it going about UI generally i think WRD is prettier. It just has that modern "computer" look to me, which i expect from late Cold War game. SD is bulky, has some parallels to paradox strategy games games.

markuscz1
Sergeant

Postby markuscz1 » Tue 18 Apr 2017 22:51

47andrej wrote:
markuscz1 wrote:So, its been a while since we had some new units for nations that are already in game. For example I do not understand why yugoslavia has soviet upgraded s-10 (sava) but soviets do not. Also more variants to soviet tanks would be nice. And there are some yummy units that you could add, I found this picture while browsing https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=59518634

Dude you are really fast :) That picture is from todays annualy parade in Northkorea.

I admit this tank's Konkurs/Igla/twin MG combo is cool but somewhat OOTF.

Yap yap, and iraqis have t-55 2017 because it still serves in 2017...dat derp logic tho :D

Miskyavine
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Miskyavine » Sat 22 Apr 2017 02:40

North Korea is so outdated they are still using whitewalls on theyre wheels. :lol: .
How i feel when reading the OFF TOPIC section of the forums http://imgur.com/gallery/t9IXqDs

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”