About the promised buffs to RD

throwaway
Lieutenant

Re: About the promised buffs to RD

Postby throwaway » Fri 12 May 2017 22:34

urogard wrote:So basically they are the same, got it.
So just say right from the start that they maul tanks as well as Legion 90' does.

Yup, as long as you don't care to get sideshots, don't care to get finishing blows with a second shot before the enemy can escape, and don't care for panicked accuracy, they're the same.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 12 May 2017 23:33

Is he arguing for the sake of arguing?

urogard wrote:Throwaway brought LSTR up, not me

*headdesk*
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sat 13 May 2017 22:14

Alright, I was originally going to ask about a possible speed buff for Chos, but...

is a bit more accuracy, stabs, a better MG, and different armor a worthy trade for an Arkan? I thought Ch'onmas were supposedly "stripped down" because Korea is pretty hilly and stuff, so maybe a speed buff could be argued. Now I'm kinda "eh" about how good the IV is.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sat 13 May 2017 22:54

Eh, Chonma-Ho V and T-62Ds is all you need when it comes to that price area imo. You also have the ZTQ to bridge the gap in-between.

throwaway
Lieutenant

Postby throwaway » Sun 14 May 2017 01:48

Yeah, that slot is a bit questionable. ZTQ and PTZ-89 are nice if you're looking for damage, chonma is the armor lean but not as good. PTZ-59 is another option with decent hard stats but really bad soft stats [acc, rof, optics, speed]

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Sun 14 May 2017 15:22

Fade2Gray wrote:is a bit more accuracy, stabs, a better MG, and different armor a worthy trade for an Arkan? I thought Ch'onmas were supposedly "stripped down" because Korea is pretty hilly and stuff, so maybe a speed buff could be argued. Now I'm kinda "eh" about how good the IV is.

Maybe it has something to do with the acc and the machine gun. But I suppose it's the awesome strela here that justifies the prototype tradeoff? :mrgreen: Arkan is not worth much but yeah...

keldon
Major

Postby keldon » Sun 14 May 2017 17:29

When Mat told me strela tanks are incoming, i thought: "it's gonna be those shitty 30% acc missiles, isn't it?" But i also realize eugen is adding those as a freebie, so i really don't want to complain. At that time other more needed buffs/changes were on higher priority anyway, ironically very few of those got into the game in the end.

Add in my prior request of Chonma 5 with iglas didn't make it, at least some of the meme worthy popular requests would finally find it's way into the game.

There are quite some stuff like the comparison fade posted above with the Soviet T-62 and the NK ones. You can't really cut the price without affecting the huge amount of redundant tanks in the same price segment, another way would be apply some buffs to those late year meme tanks to make them really worth those pts you pay. But this brings us to the next point:

The list of changes to completely streamline the NK/China roster would be pretty long and that is simply not gonna happen. :/
Sources for tuning Red Dragons,Sources for tuning Blue Dragons
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 14 May 2017 19:10

keldon wrote:When Mat told me strela tanks are incoming, i thought: "it's gonna be those shitty 30% acc missiles, isn't it?"

And it is probably better that way. If tanks were suddenly "viable" counters to helicopters.... that would be a bit too much.

keldon
Major

Postby keldon » Sun 14 May 2017 20:07

Razzmann wrote:
keldon wrote:When Mat told me strela tanks are incoming, i thought: "it's gonna be those shitty 30% acc missiles, isn't it?"

And it is probably better that way. If tanks were suddenly "viable" counters to helicopters.... that would be a bit too much.

I'm not so certain. I was hoping for Strela 3 instead of the base one, because It is basically an invisible bottomtier manpad-infantry glued onto the tank, the dps is very low because of combination of 30% acc, 6 seconds between missiles and at the time i assumed only 2 missiles, with those restrictions they won't really counter anything useful.

Right now they are mostly a meme and a tool for psychological warfare, occasionally you do get some brag worthy like Rafale kill or something like that. But for that the original strelabus was already more than enough, simply because of high rof, even if they would remain at 30%. However i do get your concern, especially after you learned about the Type-98 :D

btw. since when you become pink? What unspeakable things have you done for that privilege? ;)
Sources for tuning Red Dragons,Sources for tuning Blue Dragons
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Sun 14 May 2017 21:31

keldon wrote:btw. since when you become pink? What unspeakable things have you done for that privilege? ;)

I think it was for making fun of Madmat when he fluffed up a dev diary for Steel Division or something like that.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”