planning to switch to Red Dragon...

Warmongering Gandhi
Private First-Class

planning to switch to Red Dragon...

Postby Warmongering Gandhi » Fri 26 May 2017 01:53

...but first, there is something I need to know.

Is this bug still present in Red Dragon?

viewtopic.php?t=3972

(last two posts, veterancy possibly gives you a morale penalty)

Did it get fixed in the addons or even in european escalation?

chykka
Brigadier

Re: planning to switch to Red Dragon...

Postby chykka » Fri 26 May 2017 03:27

I not sure what you mean by fixing? The Veteran level does not increase damage in RD (for infantry) for vehicles I am not aware of big changed besides paying for veteran units with avaliability, infact the the armoury it will tell you roughly what kind of stats will be improved when you mouse over. Something that EE was unclear about unless you notice the effects while playing you won't know exact values of the effects. Moral is tricky but in RD high trained infantry will be able to stun other infantry just from base stats alone.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 26 May 2017 10:40

I joined post-EE and I've never heard of that bug so I'd guess it was fixed reasonably soon after it was caught.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Warmongering Gandhi
Private First-Class

Postby Warmongering Gandhi » Fri 26 May 2017 14:06

Ok, thanks for the quick replies. In this case there has to be something in the changelogs, but I haven't found anything till now. Maybe someone with more experience on WEE could explain if this error existed or was fixed in the original game. I only played it now and then when getting bored of playing Civ4.

KattiValk
General

Postby KattiValk » Fri 26 May 2017 15:41

Routing is basically nonexistent in RD, as the morale gate for it is significantly higher than it was in previous games. As for losing morale faster, this is likely a combination of observer's bias and unit targeting priority (units will target the most expensive/dangerous unit they can). The general knowledge of how veterancy affects morale is generally incorrect. Veterancy does not make a unit more resilient or have higher morale gates to the different levels, it simply makes units recover morale faster. An elite unit will stun just as fast as a normal one, but will be combat ready much faster afterwards.

cuski
Sergeant

Postby cuski » Fri 26 May 2017 18:23

KattiValk wrote:Routing is basically nonexistent in RD

I've just seen units being routed yesterday... that's a bit of an overstatement.

throwaway
Lieutenant

Postby throwaway » Fri 26 May 2017 18:32

cuski wrote:

I've just seen units being routed yesterday... that's a bit of an overstatement.

or you were lucky

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Fri 26 May 2017 18:35

cuski wrote:

And how man have you seen rout before yesterday? Routing happens incredibly infrequently, to the point where I cannot remember the last time I have seen a unit rout in an actual battle.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

cuski
Sergeant

Postby cuski » Fri 26 May 2017 18:44

XanderTuron wrote:And how man have you seen rout before yesterday? Routing happens incredibly infrequently, to the point where I cannot remember the last time I have seen a unit rout in an actual battle.

I have seen them quite often, actually... maybe it's just my luck. :lol:
Not to the point it affects the game, though, and rarely for infantry.

Warmongering Gandhi
Private First-Class

Postby Warmongering Gandhi » Fri 26 May 2017 19:49

KattiValk wrote: The general knowledge of how veterancy affects morale is generally incorrect. Veterancy does not make a unit more resilient or have higher morale gates to the different levels, it simply makes units recover morale faster. An elite unit will stun just as fast as a normal one, but will be combat ready much faster afterwards.

Question answered. Thanks a lot. :mrgreen: