The Art of Soviet Airborne [Reboot Edition]

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: The Art of Soviet Airborne [Reboot Edition]

Postby another505 » Fri 14 Jul 2017 04:38

Things I would wish are in Soviet Airborne, since I'm bored again today. Of course they won't be added or not even very necessary, but I want to also list the reason why it would help the deck and the possibility in the far far far future

Sprut SD Prototype in timeframe late 80s Restricted: Airborne (Armored deck can't take it)
Main gun stats: Same as T80u with Refleks
5FAV
75kmph offroad
Reason: VDV lacks anti tank in a mobile platform, or a long 2275m fire support vehicle. Would be really nice to support teammate.Also, one of the most unique vehicles in the world. A full MBT firepower that can be paradropped? M8 AGS's wet dream

Su-27IB Prototype early 90s
2 KAB-500 LGB or single KAB-1000. I think a single KAB -1500 that has been suggested before would be OP.
If its KAB-500 it can be 2 per card, if KAB-1000 then 1 per card is a definite, and even, so i think it would be too good.
4 X R-73 SRAAM
40 ECM
Reason: Why doesn't USSR have any LGB. Su27IB is way more fitting to be ingame than il-102 will ever be. Also, USSR would have a nice anti anything on the ground unit.

Strela10m3 1989
Look at Yugo
Reason: Strela10m is still a bit lacking in air defense. If USSR gets it since its in timeframe, and provides a good IR medium price AA for it, it should also be available to VDV

Ka-52 with Kh-25ML 2 per card
with NIMROD stats. The sead missile is controversial, it either wrecks decks like landjut, scandi a bit, and DCG, and bad players, does nothing since IR 2925-3325mm AA are abundant in blufor or against good player who knows how to trick the missile by moving the RAD AA while turning the weapons on and off to make it miss, a trick that is very easy honestly. The Ka-52 can be spotted early on unlike SEAD planes, it has 2 missiles only that will run out fast by using this trick, and they have much slower speed than SEAD missiles on planes that makes it more forgiving to use the trick.

With Kh-25ML, the decks I mention are less crippled by it. The Ka-52 is more useful, and I miss ALB Ka-50 a lot...

VDV 75 with RPG16D to 980m range. VDV 75 is subpar for 20pts shock, compare to multitude of blufor shock inf with mg3 and minimi that outclass the LMG. Or even redfor new yugo and finnish infantries, or EB shock infantry like spado 90 with rpg7vr or Mot90 with better LMG , Assault rifle and AT weapon.
Giving RPG16 better range will keep USSR out of good MG infantry and be more unique. RPG 16 irl has better range than other 875m AT peers ingame such as SMAW, RPG29 and Carl Gustav 3.

BTR-D 5 Cards buff to 70kmph offroad, same price, nerf the Quad PKT a bit
Its lighter than BMD-1 that has 80kmph and same engine but has 60kmph offroad. The BMD series are very speed irl with extremely light armor and powerful engine. So the BTR-D should get some speed buff, but maybe not too much like the BMD for 5pts transport.
BTR-D actually has 2 PKT not 4 PKT irl, so can nerf its MG a bit. But not too much since things like 5pt zelda and 3fav .50 m113 are running around anyways.
VDV decks really run out of BTR-D cards for main fighting force

BTR-D with Fagot to konkurs, same price of 15pts, speed buff like btr-d , a bit of avail. decrease
15pts for fagot? while 20pts for BMD-1P with konkurs, gun and faster offroad speed? There is a reason why you dont see it even in a VDV deck.

Spetznas
- To FJB-40 stats, it would step on DDR's flavour a bit, but its no where as close as LSTR-40's ability.
Provides a nice support infantry to VDV. Great for heli opening too.
- Price buff to 30pts, no change. Napalm infantry are overpriced. I just dont find napalm SF to be sufficiently better than other SF in town fights to worth the same price while losing a lot of versatility. The ability of anti tank is extremely important, not just against vehicles but it can panic enemy infantry nearby the vehicle that got hit which basically does more than half the job of RPO .
Of Salt

James-Bond
Sergeant First-Class

Postby James-Bond » Sat 15 Jul 2017 22:32

another505 wrote:
James-Bond wrote:Got a few Plane related questions?

I cant answer about the sead or optic one but there is a mod that reads the game files and its easy to use. Need to search for it or someone else can answer

About rafale stealth, asfaik mig29m medium stealth is only half of the normal medium stealth plane so maybe you are comparing the two?
But anyways the stealth of rafale is a huge advantage that i think people underrate and instead care about the 2 extra mraam tht su27pu carries. Its ability loiter behind the frontline unseen is a trap to enemy player, luring them a sense of safety with his bombers and so on

Also ps planes disappearing due to stealth is still tracked by missiles that were able to launch before disappearing

SA missile does not need to point its noise to guide, so you can fire it and turn away

Lol who knows, maybe because of this thread

Ah yes you're correct about the stealth
Rafale has 1.5 Stealth same as all other SEAD Planes I think (not Raven)
MiG-29M has 1.25 Stealth

Wouldn't suprise me if thread made it more popular :lol:
One thing I like about the Deck is you get access to the glorious VDV + BMD's

When I see someone on my team choosing soviet airborne & they'e a decent they have positive impact on the game
(I dislike support decks, usually used by fools)

another505 wrote:Things I would wish are in Soviet Airborne, since I'm bored again today. Of course they won't be added or not even very necessary, but I want to also list the reason why it would help the deck and the possibility in the far far far future

Sprut SD Prototype in timeframe late 80s Restricted: Airborne (Armored deck can't take it)
Main gun stats: Same as T80u with Refleks
5FAV
75kmph offroad
Reason: VDV lacks anti tank in a mobile platform, or a long 2275m fire support vehicle. Would be really nice to support teammate.Also, one of the most unique vehicles in the world. A full MBT firepower that can be paradropped? M8 AGS's wet dream

I think the Sprut SD looks awesome!
I like amphibious vehicles that can fight, means you can do some crafty maneuvering. (like Vickers Mk.11)

R3d Sh4mbala
Sergeant Major

Postby R3d Sh4mbala » Mon 17 Jul 2017 06:11

Holy_crap wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:
Holy_crap wrote:There was also the ZPTU-4 AA.

Refresh my memory on that one, I only remember a few of his zany "theories."

"NATO helo rushers wig about strelas and iglas, but they never expect a zptu-4"

That one does have some merit, ONLY IF THEY DO NOT HAVE A RECON HELO.

The ZPTU-4 does have a rather ridiculous rate of fire, and with some decks it gets a veterancy bonus, think cheap dirt shilka; but the ZSU-23-2 might be more handy. Plus the ones with Strelas or Iglas tacked on.

I think most of his theories are based on earlier experiences in the early builds of RD. ;)
But if you have some repeated tactics on a particular map [ahmmm, Mud Fight]; I can see where his theories would arise. :lol:

I wonder about how many missed things they didn't add into RD. And you just have to shake your head.

SPRUT indeed would have been fun to see.

another505

Postby another505 » Sun 23 Jul 2017 06:18

1v1 VDV vs EC Xanderturon
api.wargame.tools/api/rd/replays/download/f5fad518-66a5-4b25-8759-a28b9900c6d0

Again, haven't played for a long time, and its 1v1 so im even more rusty in it. I didn't even watch my flank :roll:
This is a more of Helo Assult version, and I couldn't even gain air superiority.... stupid yak141...
A showcase of elite vdv is able to beat EC's MG3 and fire supports
Of Salt

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Sun 23 Jul 2017 07:58

another505 wrote:1v1 VDV vs EC Xanderturon

Again, haven't played for a long time, and its 1v1 so im even more rusty in it. I didn't even watch my flank :roll:
This is a more of Helo Assult version, and I couldn't even gain air superiority.... stupid yak141...

I knew I should have specified a maximum number of games.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

another505

Postby another505 » Sun 23 Jul 2017 08:17

XanderTuron wrote:
another505 wrote:1v1 VDV vs EC Xanderturon

I knew I should have specified a maximum number of games.

Lol
You did well in countering
Plenty of crotale, fire support vehicles . I think you ran out of inf near the end since i see only marder 2 coming out. i could have tried to keep pushing into your reinforcement sector or the city in the middle

Those amx 10 and 13 were super annoying
Of Salt

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Sun 23 Jul 2017 08:23

another505 wrote:Lol
You did well in countering
Plenty of crotale, fire support vehicles . I think you ran out of inf near the end since i see only marder 2 coming out. i could have tried to keep pushing into your reinforcement sector or the city in the middle

Those amx 10 and 13 were super annoying

Yep, all I had left for infantry was Panzergrenadier '90 in Marder 2s, Milan F3s in VAB T20s, and Commando Para in VAB T20s. As for the AMX-10 and 13s, that is why I use them; to be as obnoxious as possible whilst not being down right cheesy.

If you want my perspective on things you can watch it here: https://youtu.be/Shd4g0_k1Pw?t=1h40m20s
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 23 Jul 2017 12:53

another505 wrote:EC's MG3 and fire supports

Not hard to beat EC in infantry fights.

another505

Postby another505 » Sun 23 Jul 2017 14:36

Razzmann wrote:

Is yugo/ entente currently the hardest in inf fight?
Of Salt

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 23 Jul 2017 14:57

another505 wrote:
Razzmann wrote:

Is yugo/ entente currently the hardest in inf fight?

I'd go for Israel and Baltic. Maybe CMW too. Scandi is also still pretty strong, Yugo and Entente too, but not the best imo.