The Art of Soviet Airborne [Reboot Edition]

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: The Art of Soviet Airborne [Reboot Edition]

Postby another505 » Sun 25 Jun 2017 16:33

James-Bond wrote:All very valid points, would be upset seeing you dissect my beloved commonwealth.
Basically we all hide around the ARVE hope the VDV go away. :lol:

Here is a 15min game 1v1 tropic thunder against RD, not ranked
api.wargame.tools/api/rd/replays/download/b3352c8e-b02f-4d7b-ac57-724347996ecb

I dont play WG as much as before, and its hard to get games alone when they see you playing an airborne deck...
anyways, this is more about the opening

Knowing enemy has Ty90, there is no point in helo opening. So i dont commit many pts onto helo.
Knowing enemy is RD and has shit ASF, i didnt need to buy an expensive ASF however B-5 and J-7H are devastating if not dealt soon, so i get a yak141
I decide to use a motorized opening and focus on one side which has a big open space where zhalo can outgun wz551.
the Mi-8mtv landed and suddenly popping out was done as I wrote in main post.

Creating an opening, i continue to push in their disarray, mig21bis occasionally wreck havoc. Crotale getting snipe by mig21bis and so on.

ZSU-23-2 surprising did well in base defense (though i think my opponent forgot to attack move?) still, they stun infantry surprisingly well for their price.

I loved this game how my main fighting force was just six GRU, 4 veteran, 2 elite
If i get a chance of playing CMW or something, i will post it too
Of Salt

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 27 Jun 2017 01:17

Well, got to see 505's VDV in action today, was pretty glorious to behold I must say.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

R3d Sh4mbala
Sergeant Major

Re: The Art of Soviet Airborne

Postby R3d Sh4mbala » Tue 27 Jun 2017 05:21

another505 wrote:Spetz Gru- good with helo opening with the jeeps.
another card with them in Mi24d for cheap gunship, sneaking to the flank. Immediate reinforcement to the frontline, very versatile that razz promoted to me with his Jedo 90 and mi25

:lol:
Sorry I was reading, this and the way its worded. Makes it seem like Razz has become a believer in a rather odd end strategy, with helicopters.

That was bashed and nerfed.

Razz you know whom I speak of. Even though he is rarely on, but shows up from time to time and throws it around.

Starts with an M?

Though Another 505, very good analytical points on this. But, also its rather strange to feel the difference between Red Dragon VDV deck, and the ALB VDV deck. VERY VERY DIFFERENT. particularly with the low number of BTR-D. :?

Can any other deck pull this off? Or even simulate this?

another505

Postby another505 » Tue 27 Jun 2017 08:24

R3d Sh4mbala wrote:
another505 wrote:Spetz Gru- good with helo opening with the jeeps.
another card with them in Mi24d for cheap gunship, sneaking to the flank. Immediate reinforcement to the frontline, very versatile that razz promoted to me with his Jedo 90 and mi25

:lol:
Sorry I was reading, this and the way its worded. Makes it seem like Razz has become a believer in a rather odd end strategy, with helicopters.

That was bashed and nerfed.

Razz you know whom I speak of. Even though he is rarely on, but shows up from time to time and throws it around.

Starts with an M?

Though Another 505, very good analytical points on this. But, also its rather strange to feel the difference between Red Dragon VDV deck, and the ALB VDV deck. VERY VERY DIFFERENT. particularly with the low number of BTR-D. :?

Can any other deck pull this off? Or even simulate this?

Well Razz promoted the usage of immediate reinforcement with it, I used to think it was too pricey but its okay, and the cheap gunship flying around force enemy to invest an AA in unusual location.

ALB VDV are strictly airborne, no helo assault. So the units you are able to take are different
No, i dont believe there is another Coalition/Nation can play airborne like this, except mix blue

Fade2Gray wrote:Well, got to see 505's VDV in action today, was pretty glorious to behold I must say.

:D

heres the gameplay if anyone is interested api.wargame.tools/api/rd/replays/download/6b641704-c0a2-47e3-9bab-50cf119d57de
Of Salt

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Tue 27 Jun 2017 19:05

R3d Sh4mbala wrote:Razz you know whom I speak of. Even though he is rarely on, but shows up from time to time and throws it around.

Starts with an M?

I'm afraid I don't quite understand who you mean :|

throwaway
Lieutenant

Postby throwaway » Tue 27 Jun 2017 21:57

Razzmann wrote:
R3d Sh4mbala wrote:Razz you know whom I speak of. Even though he is rarely on, but shows up from time to time and throws it around.

Starts with an M?

milint massing mots in mi-24d

James-Bond
Sergeant First-Class

Postby James-Bond » Tue 27 Jun 2017 22:22

another505 wrote:
James-Bond wrote:All very valid points, would be upset seeing you dissect my beloved commonwealth.
Basically we all hide around the ARVE hope the VDV go away. :lol:

Here is a 15min game 1v1 tropic thunder against RD, not ranked
api.wargame.tools/api/rd/replays/download/b3352c8e-b02f-4d7b-ac57-724347996ecb

I dont play WG as much as before, and its hard to get games alone when they see you playing an airborne deck...
anyways, this is more about the opening

Knowing enemy has Ty90, there is no point in helo opening. So i dont commit many pts onto helo.
Knowing enemy is RD and has shit ASF, i didnt need to buy an expensive ASF however B-5 and J-7H are devastating if not dealt soon, so i get a yak141
I decide to use a motorized opening and focus on one side which has a big open space where zhalo can outgun wz551.
the Mi-8mtv landed and suddenly popping out was done as I wrote in main post.

Creating an opening, i continue to push in their disarray, mig21bis occasionally wreck havoc. Crotale getting snipe by mig21bis and so on.

ZSU-23-2 surprising did well in base defense (though i think my opponent forgot to attack move?) still, they stun infantry surprisingly well for their price.

I loved this game how my main fighting force was just six GRU, 4 veteran, 2 elite
If i get a chance of playing CMW or something, i will post it too

I enjoyed the replay, very clever.

One thing I like about the Soviet airborne is that it's versatile and the fact you get IFVs as well is awesome.

Had a good game where a teammate was Soviet Airborne, I was NSWP and another was Soviet Armoured.
Airborne did a good job of patrolling the skys, I acutal bought bombers before ASF ( which is rare for me)
I put a lot of emphasis on Recon, and taking the key towns ahead, allowing the Armoured deck to more more freely. A lot of fun.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Tue 27 Jun 2017 22:27

throwaway wrote:
Razzmann wrote:

Starts with an M?

Oh god... I actually forgot about him, thanks for reminding me :lol:

R3d Sh4mbala
Sergeant Major

Postby R3d Sh4mbala » Wed 28 Jun 2017 00:22

Razzmann wrote:
throwaway wrote:
Razzmann wrote:I'm afraid I don't quite understand who you mean :|

Oh god... I actually forgot about him, thanks for reminding me :lol:

He is still at it. :lol:

I thought Eugen specifically nerfed the Grenzer out of the Mi-24A and Mi-24D to counter his hair brained strategy. [Which was available to all decks! and Cat groupings.]

How he is still doing it, is still a mystery. :?

But, his strategy seems to pre-date your fast reinforcement, he actually first did it! I was on team with the Reds and he was at it again. And he would send the Mi-24Ds back to pick up more Motoschutzen or infantry to throw into the grinder. He uses it for deep flanking. Because most players would expect LSTR/FBJ-40; but not a mechanized shock infantry arriving.

On review its actually a very shrewd tactic, because the costs and net returns and psychological surprise factor. One game he spent only 180pts and netted nearly 500! :shock:

The weirdest item I have seen him throw at Blue in the Mi-24D was the Sturm-Pioneer squad. Which actually increased that units shock value and utility because its too slow to really be useful in assaulting positions.

You might want to look into it. :ugeek:

another505

Postby another505 » Wed 28 Jun 2017 01:34

James-Bond wrote:
I enjoyed the replay, very clever.

One thing I like about the Soviet airborne is that it's versatile and the fact you get IFVs as well is awesome.

Had a good game where a teammate was Soviet Airborne, I was NSWP and another was Soviet Armoured.
Airborne did a good job of patrolling the skys, I acutal bought bombers before ASF ( which is rare for me)
I put a lot of emphasis on Recon, and taking the key towns ahead, allowing the Armoured deck to more more freely. A lot of fun.

Indeed it is very versatile, the only thing lacking is tanks and long range artillery which both can be supported by allies.
You should check the other replay, it shows AIR BURST in mid game well. The game gets a bit messy so watch it in my pov so you can clearly see my units
R3d Sh4mbala wrote:
Razzmann wrote:Oh god... I actually forgot about him, thanks for reminding me :lol:

He is still at it. :lol:

I thought Eugen specifically nerfed the Grenzer out of the Mi-24A and Mi-24D to counter his hair brained strategy. [Which was available to all decks! and Cat groupings.]

How he is still doing it, is still a mystery. :?

But, his strategy seems to pre-date your fast reinforcement, he actually first did it! I was on team with the Reds and he was at it again. And he would send the Mi-24Ds back to pick up more Motoschutzen or infantry to throw into the grinder. He uses it for deep flanking. Because most players would expect LSTR/FBJ-40; but not a mechanized shock infantry arriving.

On review its actually a very shrewd tactic, because the costs and net returns and psychological surprise factor. One game he spent only 180pts and netted nearly 500! :shock:

The weirdest item I have seen him throw at Blue in the Mi-24D was the Sturm-Pioneer squad. Which actually increased that units shock value and utility because its too slow to really be useful in assaulting positions.

You might want to look into it. :ugeek:

My God.... he is still alive lol
Of Salt