The Marder 2 is pointlessly bad at this point

panerjager
Corporal

The Marder 2 is pointlessly bad at this point

Postby panerjager » Mon 3 Jul 2017 04:16

After your "ever so wise" nerf of the Marder 2 it is completely pointless to even use anymore.

7 frontal armor gives it literally meaningless protection standards over similar BLU or RED vehicles, the 2 extra armor does nothing to protect it against tanks or infantry anti tank weapons

Despite being an advanced 50mm cannon it doesn't have any range advantage over comparable blu-for 30mm cannons and only 2 more pen than comparable blu-for 30mm cannons.

You all made this thing the most unimaginative thing ever despite having wiggle room seeing as this thing didn't even enter full service, despite that you couldn't even be realistic and give it the explained weapons loadout OR do something imaginative like give it a interesting weapons/armor load out.

All you did was give it a fucking cannon and normal tier armor.

http://imgur.com/xImai8g

When compared to the Bradley, for 5 points more you get, armor thats basically the same, a TOW 2, and a cannon thats hardly any different aside from basically unnoticeable penetration differences/he differences.

When compared to the BMP-3 for 10 poins you get a oddly long range HE cannon, an autocannon that is slightly worse but definately still effective, and a fast traveling ATGM, and similar armor that makes no noticeable difference when taking hits.

You all ruined this thing cause you all do nothing but give redfor troglodytes endless hardcounter units like BTR-T or BTR-90 that are objectively more useful than anything blufor has in terms of transports.

The actual Marder 2 was as such.

http://imgur.com/7DSvnAY

A 50mm cannon, an ATGM and a coaxial machine gun, with armor that can withstand 125mm tank shell impacts.

and you give it one out of the 4 things listed.

Honestly its pathetic how much you take away blufors unique units just to pretend that you all did a good job of balancing redfor because you decided to give them nothing but meme gimmick units.

Allow me to remind you that the BMP-3 is described as "protected against 30mm rounds at ranges up to 200m along its frontal arc" and that despite this glaring difference the Marder 2 only has 2 more points of armor.

Take the points required to buy this thing up to 50 or maybe 55, give it the ATGM and give it armor that makes sense for its listed capabilities.

I swear to god is it so hard to dev a game?

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: The Marder 2 is pointlessly bad at this point

Postby XanderTuron » Mon 3 Jul 2017 04:55

You do realize that the claim about it being resistant to 125mm AP is a result of people misreading what MEXAS is right? There is "Heavy" MEXAS that can make a vehicle resistant to 125mm AP, but that wasn't what the Marder 2 was going to use. Anyways, this is a pointless post and the Marder 2 is in the best place it has ever been. Also, didn't you already bitch about this in another thread you started?
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

panerjager
Corporal

Postby panerjager » Mon 3 Jul 2017 05:07

XanderTuron wrote:You do realize that the claim about it being resistant to 125mm AP is a result of people misreading what MEXAS is right? There is "Heavy" MEXAS that can make a vehicle resistant to 125mm AP, but that wasn't what the Marder 2 was going to use. Anyways, this is a pointless post and the Marder 2 is in the best place it has ever been. Also, didn't you already bitch about this in another thread you started?

The marder 2 is pointless now

its not armored enough to resist rpgs and take on enemy infantry aloung side its friendly infantry

its not equipped to take on tanks at standoff range like literally any transport with ATGM

its not armored enough to duke it out against multiple transports anymore and come out on top especially after eugen pretended the finland and yugo DLC's were "balanced"

So what can it do?

The answer being nothing

Its a waste of points at this point you might as well just get marder 1's

Also the modern day Puma is literally just a clone of the old Marder 2 with more advanced FCS and electronics and it has capability to fit armor capable of taking 125mm rounds so your point is rather null considering the Marder 2 was going to be used along side leopards in supporting roles with its ATGM so obviously it would require a heavy armor package for such a task.

RedFive
Warrant Officer

Postby RedFive » Mon 3 Jul 2017 05:14

panerjager wrote:I swear to god is it so hard to dev a game?

This is always the best way to convince the devs to do what you want.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 3 Jul 2017 07:59

It literally mulches all other IFVs and anything that isn't a MBT once it is in cannon range. BMP-3s die hard to the Marder 2 if they are within its gun range. Also, considering the range of the Marder 2...

wtf are you doing within RPG range? O_o

It's armor also allows it to take a hit from medium tanks. Honestly, I don't get wtf you are crying so hard about.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 3 Jul 2017 08:00

Just posting this here so I can say I've been here before it got locked.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 3 Jul 2017 08:06

Yeah, he has another thread about the Marder 2 being ruined, plus that thread on PU being "so OP."

I see a bright future for this kid. Great things, the best posts, just... bigly.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

GARGEAN
Brigadier

Postby GARGEAN » Mon 3 Jul 2017 08:15

Do not. Feed. The troll.

damoj
Command Sergeant Major

Postby damoj » Mon 3 Jul 2017 12:10

posting in epic thread

honestly though, imagine thinking a 6AP, 1.9km range autocannon with 70% accuracy is "not good enough"

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Mon 3 Jul 2017 12:35

yea, marder 2 is really really bad. I dont see people using it at all, oh wait.
Of Salt

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”