Heavy equipment logistic

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Heavy equipment logistic

Postby ilias » Mon 7 Aug 2017 08:58

Would be awesome if Eugen would fix some logical issues happening because of current too abstractive Heavy equipment logistic (Heavy vehicles have 110km/h speed on roads)
like: armor assaults, support, reinforcings with any tanks on 110km/h speed (No one modern heavy military tracked vehicle able to run on that speed by it self), instantly starting to run away at 110km/h artillery,selfpropelled heavy sam installations ..
by: for example adding heavy equipment transport vehicles for loading carryable on them for fast ground transportation.
Last edited by ilias on Mon 7 Aug 2017 18:10, edited 2 times in total.

HrcAk47
Colonel

Re: Heavy equipment logistic

Postby HrcAk47 » Mon 7 Aug 2017 09:11

Uh huh. Not many wheeled things can reach 150 in the timeframe either.

Change of speed downwards would simply slow the game down to a crawl.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

damoj
Sergeant Major

Postby damoj » Mon 7 Aug 2017 13:19

HrcAk47 wrote:Uh huh. Not many wheeled things can reach 150 in the timeframe either.

Change of speed downwards would simply slow the game down to a crawl.

I think it would be interesting to try to balance this out. Perhaps we'd see see more 5 point truck transports ;)

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Mon 7 Aug 2017 13:55

There are the odd Tracked vehicles that are faster than Wheels off road which is realistic. While the wheels are faster on road. I noticed this for a few British Transports. Which in Wargame speed pretty important of autonomy, and off roading through trees probably takes the most fuel.

danipman
Corporal

Postby danipman » Mon 7 Aug 2017 22:23

How about the time it would take to move artillery units. Should be a 15 second wait in position before artillery SPH can move.....

"The CAESAR can be set into and out of action in less than one minute. Brief redeployment time allows to avoid counter-battery fire. Vehicle can be also used on shoot-and-scoot missions."

ilias
Staff Sergeant

Postby ilias » Sun 13 Aug 2017 12:05

danipman wrote:How about the time it would take to move artillery units. Should be a 15 second wait in position before artillery SPH can move.....

"The CAESAR can be set into and out of action in less than one minute. Brief redeployment time allows to avoid counter-battery fire. Vehicle can be also used on shoot-and-scoot missions."

if its question: its not a problem, it can drive out of previous firing position with its ~30km\h (tracked) in time without problems;
if its suggestion: Not as long as artillery system did not became more realistical, with mutch lower counter artillery fire easiness

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 14 Aug 2017 00:49

Not going to lie, one of the things that interests me about SDN is how everything doesn't zoom around at breakneck speeds. I wouldn't mind a bit of a slower pace in WG as well.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

throwaway
Lieutenant

Postby throwaway » Mon 14 Aug 2017 04:16

Fade2Gray wrote:Not going to lie, one of the things that interests me about SDN is how everything doesn't zoom around at breakneck speeds. I wouldn't mind a bit of a slower pace in WG as well.

I'm the opposite, I hated the sluggy units.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 14 Aug 2017 10:48

throwaway wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:Not going to lie, one of the things that interests me about SDN is how everything doesn't zoom around at breakneck speeds. I wouldn't mind a bit of a slower pace in WG as well.

Same.

Btw, I did the "math" and compared unit speeds in WG and SD. I took max tank gun ranges (2275m and 1200m repsectively) as a unit for measurment.

I took a tracked unit in both games (110 km/h in WG and 60km/h in SD which is a fairly common speed for tanks). Using that I calculated speed etc. and based on that units in SD are roughly 45% slower - on road. That ignores that offroad speed in SD is much lower compared to on road speed than in WG. And it ignores that wheeled untis in WG are much faster compared to tracked units than in SD.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 14 Aug 2017 21:51

Razzmann wrote:
throwaway wrote:

Same.

Just you kids wait until you get old like I am.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?