Heavy equipment logistic

danipman
Corporal
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed 21 Jan 2015 00:49
Contact:

Re: Heavy equipment logistic

Postby danipman » Mon 14 Aug 2017 22:06

ilias wrote:
danipman wrote:How about the time it would take to move artillery units. Should be a 15 second wait in position before artillery SPH can move.....


"The CAESAR can be set into and out of action in less than one minute. Brief redeployment time allows to avoid counter-battery fire. Vehicle can be also used on shoot-and-scoot missions."

if its question: its not a problem, it can drive out of previous firing position with its ~30km\h (tracked) in time without problems;
if its suggestion: Not as long as artillery system did not became more realistical, with mutch lower counter artillery fire easiness



Non stop Artillery is a cancer in WGRD. Should be much more risky to use. Should be more visible when firing and easier to counter arty

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8391
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Heavy equipment logistic

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 15 Aug 2017 05:08

danipman wrote:Non stop Artillery is a cancer in WGRD. Should be much more risky to use. Should be more visible when firing and easier to counter arty

It pretty much is visible when firing though. How much for visible do you need it to be when you have all these rounds that point back to where the shots are coming from?
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

User avatar
chykka
Brigadier
Posts: 3331
Joined: Wed 28 Nov 2012 14:55
Location: Canada, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Heavy equipment logistic

Postby chykka » Tue 15 Aug 2017 05:18

Well the Smoke doesn't linger that long, and units like As90 or atacam are a nightmare to locate without actually having recon on them.
Image

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8391
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Heavy equipment logistic

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 15 Aug 2017 09:41

chykka wrote:Well the Smoke doesn't linger that long, and units like As90 or atacam are a nightmare to locate without actually having recon on them.

ATACMS is cancer, I'll give you that. Pretty much impossible to counter battery something that only puts out one round(or 2 without micro).
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

ilias
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon 11 Jul 2016 04:07
Contact:

Re: Heavy equipment logistic

Postby ilias » Wed 16 Aug 2017 16:04

kids,
when anyone will finally make some commercially available strategy game thinking only about realism, and do not placing attention on scab like: "I do not like slow units"..

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7431
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: Heavy equipment logistic

Postby Razzmann » Wed 16 Aug 2017 16:14

ilias wrote:kids,
when anyone will finally make some commercially available strategy game thinking only about realism, and do not placing attention on scab like: "I do not like slow units"..

Because then it is not a game anymore.

ilias
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon 11 Jul 2016 04:07
Contact:

Re: Heavy equipment logistic

Postby ilias » Wed 16 Aug 2017 16:16

Razzmann wrote:
ilias wrote:kids,
when anyone will finally make some commercially available strategy game thinking only about realism, and do not placing attention on scab like: "I do not like slow units"..

Because then it is not a game anymore.

'simulation game'

Real modern warfare is great, interesting game why none just porting it to pc and using it's, already existing concept without adding some logic breaking changes to it

User avatar
FrangibleCover
Lieutenant
Posts: 1387
Joined: Mon 14 Nov 2016 21:34
Contact:

Re: Heavy equipment logistic

Postby FrangibleCover » Thu 17 Aug 2017 10:09

ilias wrote:
Razzmann wrote:
ilias wrote:kids,
when anyone will finally make some commercially available strategy game thinking only about realism, and do not placing attention on scab like: "I do not like slow units"..

Because then it is not a game anymore.

'simulation game'

Real modern warfare is great, interesting game why none just porting it to pc and using it's, already existing concept without adding some logic breaking changes to it

Combat Mission: Black Sea. Modern setting, large scenarios go up to Wargame size and it's excruciatingly detailed. Sure, the UI is a mess and it's a little pricey but those are the sacrifices you have to make for realism.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

ilias
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon 11 Jul 2016 04:07
Contact:

Re: Heavy equipment logistic

Postby ilias » Thu 17 Aug 2017 18:51

FrangibleCover wrote:..

absolutely different type of game

R3d Sh4mbala
Sergeant Major
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu 12 May 2016 06:17
Contact:

Re: Heavy equipment logistic

Postby R3d Sh4mbala » Sun 20 Aug 2017 22:31

ilias wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:..

absolutely different type of game


Are you sure?
Currently we have:
RTS-real time strategy.
RTT-real time tactics
TBS-turn based strategy.
TBT-turn based tactics
4X - Explore, Exploit, Expand, Exterminate [think worlds and galaxies to control]

I wouldn't be surprised if in the future. We get something along the lines of RT-SIM-S.
Real Time Simulator Strategy. Heck Wargame is very close to that possibility.

But considering the amount of data we know of particular units and weapons, I think it is fully feasible to accurately portray every weapon/vehicle from the early to late Cold War and the tactical/strategic doctrines there in.

Heck we have the Men of War series that is also very very close as well for WW2. And the most recent experiment Gates of Hell; is about to move the bar of accuracy even higher.

I think the thing that lets the Wargame series down, is the simplification of unit/weapon/vehicle types.
I would think it would be interesting to actually have vehicle differences. My tracked vehicles might be slower but I can move faster off road, than wheeled. Wheeled moves faster on road but slower offroad and in woods. I still can not for the life of me understand the 105/110km offroad wheeled speed monopoly Bluefor has. Its really annoying to have wheeled vehicles moving rapidly through the forest with no consequences; and this reinforces the wheeled rushing mechanics present in WG:RD even more so

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests