Testing Units

tommy000001
Private

Testing Units

Postby tommy000001 » Fri 11 Aug 2017 14:24

Hello everybody!

Can you give me some advise, how to conveniently test units, especially infantery?

I would like to run some tests how individual infantery units perform against each other to gather statistics. So it would be good if I can somehow control both sides in some kind of test environment. I saw the "Sandbox Mod", I didn't test it, however it does not really seem to do what i want.

For example i have a squad of Fallschirmjäger and a squad of VDV next to each other, then I want to turn on the weapons of both squads at the same time and see what happens and similar things.

Thanks ...

KattiValk
General

Re: Testing Units

Postby KattiValk » Fri 11 Aug 2017 16:26

The easiest way to do this is just to get a friend and test it in a 1v1 map. Unfortunately, no mod has ever been made to allow you to control both sides in one game.

damoj
Command Sergeant Major

Postby damoj » Fri 11 Aug 2017 19:23

if you can't get a friend to help out, you can try making an AI deck with a card of jeep cv and whatever unit you want to test against

alternatively just consult some of the spreadsheets users have put together that tell you what the armoury doesn't about hidden stats like LMG burst salvos or whatever

throwaway
Lieutenant

Postby throwaway » Fri 11 Aug 2017 20:00

Install sandboxie, launch a steam instance on it. This gives you two steam clients (one in sandboxie and one not). If both use the same account, one will be offline but that doesn't matter. Launch wargame from both, this gives you two wargames. Login (you will need two eugen accounts for this sadly, I use my brother's account) and host and play yourself.

edit: nvm, valve disabled the workaround described above

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Fri 11 Aug 2017 21:44

throwaway wrote:Install sandboxie, launch a steam instance on it. This gives you two steam clients (one in sandboxie and one not). If both use the same account, one will be offline but that doesn't matter. Launch wargame from both, this gives you two wargames. Login (you will need two eugen accounts for this sadly, I use my brother's account) and host and play yourself.

I've tried this using 2 different pc's, the net result is you just get dc'd.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 11 Aug 2017 22:05

captaincarnage wrote:
throwaway wrote:Install sandboxie, launch a steam instance on it. This gives you two steam clients (one in sandboxie and one not). If both use the same account, one will be offline but that doesn't matter. Launch wargame from both, this gives you two wargames. Login (you will need two eugen accounts for this sadly, I use my brother's account) and host and play yourself.

That's why you need 2 eugen accounts.

tommy000001
Private

Postby tommy000001 » Fri 11 Aug 2017 22:19

Thanks for all the replies.
What a pity. I thought I could carry out these tests on my own somehow ... in the long and lonely hours no friend is available ;).

Fodder
Sergeant Major

Postby Fodder » Fri 11 Aug 2017 22:45

captaincarnage wrote:

Thats why eugen should implement LAN

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Fri 11 Aug 2017 22:48

Razzmann wrote:
captaincarnage wrote:

That's why you need 2 eugen accounts.

It was on 2 different ACs. OBviously this was why my main AC never made it past LTC colonel, shadow boxing didn't work :(
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 11 Aug 2017 23:37

Huh, weird.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”