The blessing of the missing stats --> quick lobbies

throwaway
Lieutenant
Posts: 1262
Joined: Fri 27 Feb 2015 21:23
Contact:

Re: The blessing of the missing stats --> quick lobbies

Postby throwaway » Fri 18 Aug 2017 21:28

Steamfunk wrote:Can't you just take the loss? I'm one of those terrible players with a winrate under 50% and I played with these guys most of the time.

I can't take the win. Watching a movie for 30 minutes while keeping an eye on the lobby followed by a good game is preferable to shallow stomps because the noobs can't read the lobby title and stats are disabled.

Steamfunk
Lieutenant
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sun 14 Dec 2014 06:19

Re: The blessing of the missing stats --> quick lobbies

Postby Steamfunk » Fri 18 Aug 2017 21:42

On the topic of AFK people in games. Not having people wait an hour for a game to fill up helps a ton.


Exactly. They did this to appeal to their core playerbase ie. the 'whales', only they ended up alienating quite a few more.

I can't take the win. Watching a movie for 30 minutes while keeping an eye on the lobby followed by a good game is preferable to shallow stomps because the noobs can't read the lobby title and stats are disabled.


You could always see the XP of players in the same lobby, they could just go back to that and if anyone complains send them a free copy of Steel Division.

User avatar
Markenzwieback
Captain
Posts: 1708
Joined: Tue 27 Oct 2015 17:06
Contact:

Re: The blessing of the missing stats --> quick lobbies

Postby Markenzwieback » Fri 18 Aug 2017 21:45

Steamfunk wrote:if anyone complains send them a free copy of Steel Division.

If the aim is to compensate people, gifting them a pile of half-backed crap isn't really thought through.
Image

Steamfunk
Lieutenant
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sun 14 Dec 2014 06:19

Re: The blessing of the missing stats --> quick lobbies

Postby Steamfunk » Fri 18 Aug 2017 21:51

If the aim is to compensate people, gifting them a pile of half-backed crap isn't really thought through.


IDK, I haven't played it yet..

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8659
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: The blessing of the missing stats --> quick lobbies

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 18 Aug 2017 22:01

Crotou wrote:All you had to understand was : I enjoy pubstomps

FTFY

Admiral Obvious wrote:On the topic of AFK people in games. Not having people wait an hour for a game to fill up helps a ton.

AFK players has gotten bad. Before it was just people in Deckgame or whatever. Now it is a semi-regular thing that people walk away from their computer or alt-tab out or whatever the devil it is that they do. I require people to actually ready up or get kicked in my lobbies now to avoid that problem.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

urogard
Brigadier
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun 4 May 2014 13:31
Contact:

Re: The blessing of the missing stats --> quick lobbies

Postby urogard » Fri 18 Aug 2017 22:41

Capion wrote:Just play ranked.

game too short and mode is broken but mostly game is too short, no thank you

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7497
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: The blessing of the missing stats --> quick lobbies

Postby Razzmann » Fri 18 Aug 2017 23:00

Since anecdotes count as some sort of argument apparently, I just had a 2vs2:

The end screen:

Image

Their stats (viewable via the score screen):
Image
Image

Very enjoyable!

urogard
Brigadier
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun 4 May 2014 13:31
Contact:

Re: The blessing of the missing stats --> quick lobbies

Postby urogard » Fri 18 Aug 2017 23:16

Razzmann wrote:Since anecdotes count as some sort of argument apparently, I just had a 2vs2:

I fully concede your point and can see the error of my old way

Buregdzya
Sergeant Major
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed 27 Jun 2012 12:58
Location: Wien, Austria
Contact:

Re: The blessing of the missing stats --> quick lobbies

Postby Buregdzya » Sat 19 Aug 2017 13:01

So it will boil down who has the more relevant "anecdote" for supporting the argument that stat blindness is good. So far I claim it has been thoroughly beneficial.

urogard
Brigadier
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun 4 May 2014 13:31
Contact:

Re: The blessing of the missing stats --> quick lobbies

Postby urogard » Sat 19 Aug 2017 15:13

Buregdzya wrote:So it will boil down who has the more relevant "anecdote" for supporting the argument that stat blindness is good. So far I claim it has been thoroughly beneficial.

We're discussing subjective crap like "enjoyable" or "balanced".
The very notion that, short of EUG giving public access to all game statistics, there's any argument which can determine if it's "better" or "worse" is laughable since nobody can even agree on any definition of what is "balanced" or "enjoyable".

I'd wish to make a thread petitioning eugen to just keep the show stats button disabled forever, but there's absolutely no point.

Normally I should have 5-7 games which end in a one sided rape within 10 minutes for every 2-3 games which last a while and are somewhat decent and 1 game which is remotely interesting.
After ~8 games since the game came back up and not a single instant-end game yet, I'm declaring that the games are a hell of a lot more balanced than they were before.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests