The blessing of the missing stats --> quick lobbies

throwaway
Lieutenant

Re: The blessing of the missing stats --> quick lobbies

Postby throwaway » Fri 18 Aug 2017 21:28

Steamfunk wrote:Can't you just take the loss? I'm one of those terrible players with a winrate under 50% and I played with these guys most of the time.

I can't take the win. Watching a movie for 30 minutes while keeping an eye on the lobby followed by a good game is preferable to shallow stomps because the noobs can't read the lobby title and stats are disabled.

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Postby Steamfunk » Fri 18 Aug 2017 21:42

On the topic of AFK people in games. Not having people wait an hour for a game to fill up helps a ton.

Exactly. They did this to appeal to their core playerbase ie. the 'whales', only they ended up alienating quite a few more.

I can't take the win. Watching a movie for 30 minutes while keeping an eye on the lobby followed by a good game is preferable to shallow stomps because the noobs can't read the lobby title and stats are disabled.

You could always see the XP of players in the same lobby, they could just go back to that and if anyone complains send them a free copy of Steel Division.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Fri 18 Aug 2017 21:45

Steamfunk wrote:if anyone complains send them a free copy of Steel Division.

If the aim is to compensate people, gifting them a pile of half-backed crap isn't really thought through.

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Postby Steamfunk » Fri 18 Aug 2017 21:51

If the aim is to compensate people, gifting them a pile of half-backed crap isn't really thought through.

IDK, I haven't played it yet..

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 18 Aug 2017 22:01

Crotou wrote:All you had to understand was : I enjoy pubstomps

FTFY

Admiral Obvious wrote:On the topic of AFK people in games. Not having people wait an hour for a game to fill up helps a ton.

AFK players has gotten bad. Before it was just people in Deckgame or whatever. Now it is a semi-regular thing that people walk away from their computer or alt-tab out or whatever the devil it is that they do. I require people to actually ready up or get kicked in my lobbies now to avoid that problem.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Fri 18 Aug 2017 22:41

Capion wrote:Just play ranked.

game too short and mode is broken but mostly game is too short, no thank you

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 18 Aug 2017 23:00

Since anecdotes count as some sort of argument apparently, I just had a 2vs2:

The end screen:

Their stats (viewable via the score screen):

Very enjoyable!

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Fri 18 Aug 2017 23:16

Razzmann wrote:Since anecdotes count as some sort of argument apparently, I just had a 2vs2:

I fully concede your point and can see the error of my old way

Buregdzya
Sergeant Major

Postby Buregdzya » Sat 19 Aug 2017 13:01

So it will boil down who has the more relevant "anecdote" for supporting the argument that stat blindness is good. So far I claim it has been thoroughly beneficial.

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Sat 19 Aug 2017 15:13

Buregdzya wrote:So it will boil down who has the more relevant "anecdote" for supporting the argument that stat blindness is good. So far I claim it has been thoroughly beneficial.

We're discussing subjective crap like "enjoyable" or "balanced".
The very notion that, short of EUG giving public access to all game statistics, there's any argument which can determine if it's "better" or "worse" is laughable since nobody can even agree on any definition of what is "balanced" or "enjoyable".

I'd wish to make a thread petitioning eugen to just keep the show stats button disabled forever, but there's absolutely no point.

Normally I should have 5-7 games which end in a one sided rape within 10 minutes for every 2-3 games which last a while and are somewhat decent and 1 game which is remotely interesting.
After ~8 games since the game came back up and not a single instant-end game yet, I'm declaring that the games are a hell of a lot more balanced than they were before.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”