West-Germany (or hoping without hope)

molnibalage
General

Re: West-Germany (or hoping without hope)

Postby molnibalage » Mon 25 Sep 2017 12:32

Mike wrote:
molnibalage wrote:
Mike wrote:Didn't the Roland reload faster in ALB?

Nope. I played yesterday ALB and reload was painfully slow also in that.

I remember my favorite AA piece was the OSA-AKM because it would slaughter plane trains.

Had quite good base ACC but it was dirt cheap (40?) and insane RoF. With 4XP and low cost or med cost plane spam could be distruped.
http://wargame-series.wikia.com/wiki/9K33_Osa-AK

On blue side Roland was the real beast. It did not had area deinal capability with 3500 m range but with 13 base ACC in cat B deck and 4 XP it was a real killer with huge avail.

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Wed 27 Sep 2017 09:39

standardisation of roland availabilities to osa level equivalent when?

Nathan des Lessings
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Nathan des Lessings » Wed 27 Sep 2017 18:25

urogard wrote:standardisation of roland availabilities to osa level equivalent when?

Now!
Wer kämpft, kann verlieren. Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verloren.

Oktoberfest
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Oktoberfest » Thu 28 Sep 2017 12:45

- Roland Reload time reduced to 2 seconds.
- Roland availability adapted to other nations equivalent
- Eurofighter for germany
- F-104 bombers back in the german air deck.
- PzH-2000
- Jäger at 10 points
- RoF increase for the Marder 2
- All Leo1 downgraded a bit, they are too cost efficient.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 28 Sep 2017 12:54

Oktoberfest wrote:- All Leo1 downgraded a bit, they are too cost efficient.

The only one that I could see as being too good is the 1A4, having medium optics for 40pts. But that is nothing gamebreaking. Besides the recon Leo and the 1A4, none of the German Leo 1s are worth taking.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Thu 28 Sep 2017 13:22

Razzmann wrote:

The only one that I could see as being too good is the 1A4, having medium optics for 40pts. But that is nothing gamebreaking. Besides the recon Leo and the 1A4, none of the German Leo 1s are worth taking.

Have to agree here. Outside of 1v1, I hardly even see Leo 1s anymore.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 29 Sep 2017 09:32

Aside from balancing out the unfairness of the UK getting a cool sounding prototype fighter and West Germany getting a less cool sounding prototype fighter, what would adding a Eurofighter to Germany actually achieve? It'd be an overexpensive and card limited option which has its job done for cheaper by the KWS and in Eurocorps also has its job done better by the Rafale. Additionally I don't think that Germany ever adopted the AIM-9M so the Eurofighter would be considerably worse than the UK one, comparable to Gripen but with more missiles and therefore more expensive.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Fri 29 Sep 2017 10:36

Razzmann wrote:

In what type of games? In general larger scale many vs many game any tanks below 14 AV is garbage because they instadie and has 0 chance against 85-90CP med category tanks which can have 18 AP with 2275 m range. Leo 1 has paper armor... So regardless what good ACC and firepower has a lucky hit can push inta out of combat even just from a T-72B1, but against ATGM capable tanks even Leo1A5 is useles. 20-22AP HEAT ATGMs at gun range has the same or better ACC and in case ATGM misses Leo it is possible to switch insta to gun.

In 1v1 Leo is much different because many times is no solid frontline and it is fast. So as long as a helo does not arrive and can stay out of RPG type weapons has quite good cost eff. ratio but in case just an average USSR med tanks appears you are in big troble.

(This why so OP the YUG tanks with VG optics and similar combmat power to M1A1. It is simply funny. In 1v1 or tactical DLC nations are close to "pay to win" case...)

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Fri 29 Sep 2017 12:46

FrangibleCover wrote:Aside from balancing out the unfairness of the UK getting a cool sounding prototype fighter and West Germany getting a less cool sounding prototype fighter, what would adding a Eurofighter to Germany actually achieve? It'd be an overexpensive and card limited option which has its job done for cheaper by the KWS and in Eurocorps also has its job done better by the Rafale. Additionally I don't think that Germany ever adopted the AIM-9M so the Eurofighter would be considerably worse than the UK one, comparable to Gripen but with more missiles and therefore more expensive.

Well Germany was still part of the ASRAAM project and the US was still going to buy it would like the RAF typhoon to get ASRAAM.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 29 Sep 2017 16:23

Vulcan 607 wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:Aside from balancing out the unfairness of the UK getting a cool sounding prototype fighter and West Germany getting a less cool sounding prototype fighter, what would adding a Eurofighter to Germany actually achieve? It'd be an overexpensive and card limited option which has its job done for cheaper by the KWS and in Eurocorps also has its job done better by the Rafale. Additionally I don't think that Germany ever adopted the AIM-9M so the Eurofighter would be considerably worse than the UK one, comparable to Gripen but with more missiles and therefore more expensive.

Well Germany was still part of the ASRAAM project and the US was still going to buy it would like the RAF typhoon to get ASRAAM.

I suppose you could add ASRAAM on the Eurofighters but that makes them yet more expensive and still worse than the Rafale.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”