West-Germany (or hoping without hope)

Sunshine
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: West-Germany (or hoping without hope)

Postby Sunshine » Fri 29 Sep 2017 18:01

FrangibleCover wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:Aside from balancing out the unfairness of the UK getting a cool sounding prototype fighter and West Germany getting a less cool sounding prototype fighter, what would adding a Eurofighter to Germany actually achieve? It'd be an overexpensive and card limited option which has its job done for cheaper by the KWS and in Eurocorps also has its job done better by the Rafale. Additionally I don't think that Germany ever adopted the AIM-9M so the Eurofighter would be considerably worse than the UK one, comparable to Gripen but with more missiles and therefore more expensive.

Well Germany was still part of the ASRAAM project and the US was still going to buy it would like the RAF typhoon to get ASRAAM.

I suppose you could add ASRAAM on the Eurofighters but that makes them yet more expensive and still worse than the Rafale.

But still better than the friggin "look how I shoot all my 3 AMRAAMs into oblivion dad!" F-4 KWS and that's the point.
I understand it isn't an F-15C, or a Su-27PU, but ffs... that thing is a bad joke 75% of the time.
This thing is nothing but frustrating.
Sponsored by italic & German superiority.

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Fri 29 Sep 2017 18:11

FrangibleCover wrote:
Vulcan 607 wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:Aside from balancing out the unfairness of the UK getting a cool sounding prototype fighter and West Germany getting a less cool sounding prototype fighter, what would adding a Eurofighter to Germany actually achieve? It'd be an overexpensive and card limited option which has its job done for cheaper by the KWS and in Eurocorps also has its job done better by the Rafale. Additionally I don't think that Germany ever adopted the AIM-9M so the Eurofighter would be considerably worse than the UK one, comparable to Gripen but with more missiles and therefore more expensive.

Well Germany was still part of the ASRAAM project and the US was still going to buy it would like the RAF typhoon to get ASRAAM.

I suppose you could add ASRAAM on the Eurofighters but that makes them yet more expensive and still worse than the Rafale.

typhoon is currently overpriced anyway, i would expect ASRAAM for free.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Sunshine
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sunshine » Fri 29 Sep 2017 18:18

captaincarnage wrote:typhoon is currently overpriced anyway, i would expect ASRAAM for free.

Might be, never use it as I'm never sorry enough to play the brits considering their dire position, but that could be addressed either way.
Fact is, Germany should have got the thing before everyone else, but it didn't because "muh Rafale".
Yeah wow that Rafale is such a big help in my German deck...
Sponsored by italic & German superiority.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Fri 29 Sep 2017 18:22

Sunshine wrote:
FrangibleCover wrote:I suppose you could add ASRAAM on the Eurofighters but that makes them yet more expensive and still worse than the Rafale.

But still better than the friggin "look how I shoot all my 3 AMRAAMs into oblivion dad!" F-4 KWS and that's the point.
I understand it isn't an F-15C, or a Su-27PU, but ffs... that thing is a bad joke 75% of the time.

I'm afraid I don't understand. You want more accurate AMRAAMs so you ask for an aircraft that carries the same missiles but at Rookie (60% CTH for an AMRAAM) instead of Veteran (74% CTH for an AMRAAM) for the same number of aircraft? Sure, you could take the Eurofighter at Elite (80% CTH) but then you'd only have one because you won't get two cards if you already have another prototype fighter, so you'd need to either rely heavily on the AA that you're always complaining is terrible or grab a second card of serious ASFs. Which would be a pair of Veteran KWS anyway because Germany has no other worthwhile options.

If you really are absolutely gagging for a better ASF, consider shilling for ASRAAM on the KWS so you can get that sweet 5HE. But you'll probably ruin the veterancy and price by doing it.
[Non-included Nation] Belgium - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Hungary - Spreadsheet
[Non-included Nation] Pakistan

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 29 Sep 2017 18:25

Sunshine wrote:But still better than the friggin "look how I shoot all my 3 AMRAAMs into oblivion dad!" F-4 KWS and that's the point.

At the moment, the KWS is one of the best ASFs you can get.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 29 Sep 2017 18:36

captaincarnage wrote:typhoon is currently overpriced anyway, i would expect ASRAAM for free.

By like 5 points? That does not kill the plane.

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Fri 29 Sep 2017 19:15

Razzmann wrote:

I simply stated it was overpriced, it was a throwaway comment, and yeah by about 5 points. I didn't make any comment about the viability of the plane, though personally i don't usually bother with it.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Fri 29 Sep 2017 19:32

captaincarnage wrote:
Razzmann wrote:

I simply stated it was overpriced, it was a throwaway comment, and yeah by about 5 points. I didn't make any comment about the viability of the plane, though personally i don't usually bother with it.

Eh, it is the only CMW plane with mid range F&F missiles, so it is a must have for team games imo.

Wasn't there a Harrier loadout with AIM-120s (more or less) ITF?

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Fri 29 Sep 2017 19:50

Razzmann wrote:Eh, it is the only CMW plane with mid range F&F missiles, so it is a must have for team games imo.

Yeah that would be the Fa2 sea harrier, 2 amraams to aim 9's no gun. Eugen and their loadout policy...but heh we got a SEAD plane :lol:

Vulcan 607
Major-General

Postby Vulcan 607 » Fri 29 Sep 2017 20:31

captaincarnage wrote:
Razzmann wrote:Eh, it is the only CMW plane with mid range F&F missiles, so it is a must have for team games imo.

Yeah that would be the Fa2 sea harrier, 2 amraams to aim 9's no gun. Eugen and their loadout policy...but heh we got a SEAD plane :lol:

FA2 Can have 2 aim120b 4 aim9 2 30mm Aden

Or the max load of 4 AIM120b

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”