Broken Stuff that Needs Fixing ASAP

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Re: Broken Shit that Needs Fixing ASAP

Postby Steamfunk » Sun 20 Aug 2017 18:47

A simple solution to the M-84 issue would be to give all T-72s the same ROF. Optics should be medium across the board for the M-84 and any other tank with 2275m range.

As far as the Kurnass is concerned just switch the bombload to Mk 83s or something.

The Lance shouldn't even be in the game - firstly it's a US weapon, second it's a tactical nuke. The only reason it had a conventional warhead was political, W Germany wasn't allowed to keep nuclear weapons and a number of other countries didn't like the idea of being on the Soviet target map so they came up with this farcical scheme. NATO still has these nukes, so think about that next time the media mentions something about the Iskander.

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Sun 20 Aug 2017 19:24

Steamfunk wrote:As far as the Kurnass is concerned just switch the bombload to Mk 83s or something.

The kurnass is a bowine chapter on its own.
It's 2x 30 HE LGBs but comes at 2 per card

Nighthawk 2 units per card when?
(and please don't be retarded and reply that nighthawk is 1 because it comes at elite)

Sir Typhoon
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Sir Typhoon » Sun 20 Aug 2017 19:28

Leaving aside that the probability of this game being rebalanced again is very low, I propose these changes for the "new" Nations/Colaitions:
Maglan: Reduce Spike Range to 1925 M, increase the size squad to 10, increase the missiles in 2 (currently 4), i.e. 6, and increase the price to 40-45. For Find Spike, give the LR.
Merkava IIA: Few many options. First, replace it by the Merkava I, with the AGL. Second, Replace the main gun by an another weapon. Third, Remove the AGL, and giving it to the Achzarit Transport, increasing its price to, 30 points, maybe?
Nimrod :D: Make it a unique transport for Command Infantry.
N-62M Super Galeb: Increase price to 135.
Kurnass: Reduce LGBs to 1.

I think that I don't forgot nothing.

nande
Lieutenant

Postby nande » Sun 20 Aug 2017 19:40

Sir Typhoon wrote:Nimrod : Make it a unique transport for Command Infantry.
hahaha, nice

+ increase price to 110

47andrej
Lieutenant

Postby 47andrej » Sun 20 Aug 2017 22:12

Some good and overdue proposals there but dont go overboard with nerfing and buffing. Wargame aint game with mirrored sides/nations.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Sun 20 Aug 2017 22:38

47andrej wrote:Some good and overdue proposals there but dont go overboard with nerfing and buffing. Wargame aint game with mirrored sides/nations.

That's basically why I created this thread. I only want the broken stuff gone and stopped caring much about the rest. One can deal with the minor DLC bullshit.

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Sun 20 Aug 2017 23:05

If you think about it the T80 used to cost more because it could actually kill tanks in the higher price range. With the frontal armour creeping forward it's now at 65 points. The 2a1 also boasted a high frontal armour value but now is just "average" armour compared to the new tanks. It's hard to think of every 2a1 variant as trash, when the tank really does have everything. It's one of the best all around tanks with the least amount of weaknesses. Yeah 2a4s are better tanks, but the price to deploy them should reflect that and that's the only reason i can imagine the 2a1 is a bad tank is the price at 105. With T80 at 65 I could see a 2a1 sitting around 90 points, tbh. It used to be you'd pay well over 100 points for these tanks, however now they are more outclassed by newer higher armoured tanks. You could just increase the Vett level too, maybe raise cost of T80 in that case. I still think 65 is really really cheap for a t80 at vett level 3 or 4. (the Gun range, Speed, Rpm, and it's old AP value it could fight m1a1 abrams if you micro.)

Irl Even compaired to Abrams the 2a1 Hull has better protection on the lower Glacias, although tank on tank I'm not sure it matters that much. Or maybe it was the Crew Compartment where the driver is? I think that is problem with Challenger too.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Mon 21 Aug 2017 05:00

Can i still say Patriot?
Can it either drop its ridiculous range/accuracy. Or just throw it to the navy

the combo of a single f-14 and a patriot basically shuts out the whole sky. Its expensive, but one player can shut out the other team. And its not much more expensive than buying buks/tors and getting ASFs.
Of Salt

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 21 Aug 2017 05:42

I'm way late to this party, and I'm just going to throw this out for now...

this is not the time for a bloody pissing contest. I don't know how or why someone has the desire to directly insult someone else or their work, but this late in the ballgame is about the worst time for this sort of thing. What is this, the bloody Paradox: Steel Division forums? What are we going to do next, bitch and moan about someone in particular because reasons?

RAH RAH RAZZMANN IS BAD BECAUSE HE HURT MY FEELINGS!! HOW DARE HE SAY SOMETHING BAD ABOUT MY NEW FAVORITE GAME!!!1

Granted, the Wargame community has had its highly heated and downright toxic moments, but with how its slimmed down so much why are we trying to bash anyone else? What is the point nowadays? What purpose does it serve other than maybe to stroke your own egos? I know I'm not exactly innocent (topkek) of throwing out insults but my mind is blown that long time die hard fans can not be civil with each other in this stage of the game.

Seriously, chill the fuck out.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Mon 21 Aug 2017 08:16

Remeber the Nana Yon Shiki E? Blue dragons still has one of the best 'medium' tanks. I also know the btr 50 can tank at least one hit from the base m1 abrams which has 13 ap at about max range it will do a little over half damage to something with only 2 fav. Now fighting something at max range with armour is different. Some tanks can;t even shoot because they lack the AP power. It's nice to have 2275m though, especially for helping deal with atgm teams, just like speed would help in that situation.

I also would like to see t80 at 17 AP, and I would gladly pay 80 points for something than could actually do something at range vs other Heavies. Now the T80 line up seems like a mess to me in RD honestly. The T72A has better optics than both the T80 and T80b. This might of carried over from ALB.

the t80a doesn't even have reactive armour modeled yet it only has one less armour than the BV. While the base t80 is stuck down at 13. While like I notice other soviet tanks enjoy equal or more armour at about the same price range you'd expect the t80 to fall into.
The T64 BV1 is a decent example of why 13 frontal armour on a t80 raises questions for me. Mean while the base abrams enjoys 15 armour at the same price of the t80. Now I don't wanna go bringing an atitude of t-80 buffs to make it better than abrams. Because really it had a shorter life and it was inferior in the armour department. However I see the Base t80, uses the same gun as the t72 b1 yet the base t72 has greater accuracy. Now some one please explain to me Why.

Almost every tank out there has Equal too or more than the Accuracy of the t80. If it has less than 40% it is probably a clear outlier.
as the T34, T55, and T62 all have 40% accuracy or more. So you can't tell me the optics on the t80 were so bad, that the T34 will be just accurate at max range.

This maybe why I'd like to see T80 get better vetterancy but accuracy would really help. I also see how slow some of the old tanks are yet the Rise Patton, m60s are hitting 60km/h. I think it's fine but not even some of the upgraded t55 and t62 can get a decent speed. Yeah they are some of the oldest tanks for Red for. However almost every Nation uses them. heck Dyna is only 50 km/h, I only bring this up because red for is plauged by slow tanks. While Nato's slow tanks are not the back bone of their armour unless you looking at UK tanks. With one Unskinned outlier, the T80um. The Amx 32 could even be a bit faster as well, I know it's not terribly realistic, but neither is rolling through forests as they do.

Which a is a lot like the Merkava 1 with a nice little bit of extra speed to go with the abrams which kinda makes up for the poor autonomy. I used to think the m11p was the fastest abrams. However to my surprise the base M1 is actually just as fast.

Now if you look at t80 and m84 side by side. T80 doesn't seem all the bad, it looks like the Super m60 trading for Side armour at less cost albeit. However Same gun, less accuracy. Must be the sights? but wait M84 has poor optics too.

Now I knida am talking about the T80, alot. However the 2a1 is in a worse spot, If you look at T80bv Than you compare it too the T64bm and all of a sudden the 2a1 looks like a pretty bad cost. Now the Poor optics really don't hinder the t80 much, except in forests. This further takes away from their ability to get the first hit, Unless you are making sure to Always lead with infantry of course but in a defensive situation they more likely to get ganked. However Why does it take untill after 1982 for the soviets to get better optics on their T80? While the t72A gets medium in 1979.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”