Broken Stuff that Needs Fixing ASAP

Razzmann
General

Re: Broken Shit that Needs Fixing ASAP

Postby Razzmann » Tue 22 Aug 2017 23:30

Sir Typhoon wrote:Hardened gives 16% accuracy bonus, so: 40 > 46.4 & 70 > 81.2. Almost a 5% accuracy, a big difference imo.

The numbers shown in the armory are wrong, just do a quick test ingame and you'll see that.

Sir Typhoon
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Sir Typhoon » Tue 22 Aug 2017 23:38

Razzmann wrote:The numbers shown in the armory are wrong, just do a quick test ingame and you'll see that.

Nice job Eugen :|. Dou you know the correct numbers?

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Tue 22 Aug 2017 23:46

Sir Typhoon wrote:
Razzmann wrote:The numbers shown in the armory are wrong, just do a quick test ingame and you'll see that.

Nice job Eugen :|. Dou you know the correct numbers?

It is not a simple multiplier. Someone made a post here on the forum quite a while a go and nande made this (also quite a while ago):

http://i.imgur.com/jUqSroZ.png

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Wed 23 Aug 2017 00:24

GARGEAN wrote:shitty 20mm OP VULCAN should perform on level of Gepard.
Courtesy of KattiValk

nande
Lieutenant

Postby nande » Wed 23 Aug 2017 00:49

Someone made a post here on the forum quite a while a go
could you link it?

also, that graph's formatting doesn't look great. Here's the old spreadsheet itself.
You should be able to find a less cluttered version under "CTH Charts".

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Wed 23 Aug 2017 01:53

Yeah even at 2275 range t80 and range scaling it's not all that accurate. The Range scaling says it was tested at Rookie level, didn't know you could get t80 at rookie. However, maybe values were done with math and not in game values which would explain why the values plotted look like perfect scaling. (EE it cost 166 points for 'hardened') at 9 ap and that range it could fight most super heavies reliably, however at a cost.
http://wargame-series.wikia.com/wiki/T-80
It explains the price drop in RD.

Now Range Scaling doesn't take RoF in consideration, However More range will result in more accuracy . Explains that "sweet Spot" in range I observed with some infantry like Mg3 that just shreds infantry. Technically all infantry have a sweet spot range, as probably tanks would. However Tanks will have much lower amounts of rounds fired, and the hit role is more obvious when it happens. You see Battle Rifles seem to be better for damage than AR depending on the hit rolls (at least for line infantry) as they get a decent hit chance at good range while Subbies on the opposite side of spectrum The thing is subbies have less range and less base accuracy. For SF maybe a bit different as the base accuracy is different and this doesn't even look at Carbines. Maybe why I prefered Highlanders 75 as more all around infantry.

Example
http://wargame-series.wikia.com/wiki/Kustjägare
http://wargame-series.wikia.com/wiki/Jægere
Now The thing that's missing from range scaling that will help balance it out a bit more is RoF. However this is the least clear stat in the armoury as far as I can tell. It doesn't even mention the effects of Size difference on hit roles anywhere in game,

Now Lets talk AA, After range scaling. You look at CTH which is the bread and butter I got from this because it factors in ECM. Which also kinda makes it harder on lower accuracy AA. The difference is huge, Not only does Patriot have better chance to Critical hit it's also going to hit more within shorter ranges which is the Max range of other AA pieces.

I frequently noticed Patriot One shotting planes, however I thought I was going bat crazy. Not seeing my spaag or team mates spaag do one damage somewhere along it's flight path.

So The IR AA with huge range (and High Accuracy), is pretty much universally taken or at least one card will help flesh out your ADN. Now the T80 is kinda balanced by having low accuracy and high range, kinda makes sense why croatle is almost always a good choice, and Chaparrals were pretty bad when they were at like 30% accuracy Take a look .

In ALB it was balanced based on Availability more than the really low price of it. While RD the Chap does cost more.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Wed 23 Aug 2017 05:26

Mike wrote:

TRIGGERED
Of Salt

GARGEAN
Brigadier

Postby GARGEAN » Wed 23 Aug 2017 08:20

Mike wrote:

Well, it is, even on ground. It have lesser card tof and bigger real rof that Shilka, so it is both deadlier and more cost-effective. It has ability to fire whole bump of ammo without reload which Shilka(with full load of ammunition on guns) lacks for some magic "reload" reason. And it have way too high acc for system without search and track radar and any FCS besides Mk.1 Eyeball and ranging radar.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 23 Aug 2017 10:39

nande wrote:
Someone made a post here on the forum quite a while a go
could you link it?

also, that graph's formatting doesn't look great. Here's the old spreadsheet itself.
You should be able to find a less cluttered version under "CTH Charts".

I thinks this should be it: viewtopic.php?f=155&t=57305&p=932483

throwaway
Lieutenant

Postby throwaway » Wed 23 Aug 2017 12:28

GARGEAN wrote: It has ability to fire whole bump of ammo without reload which Shilka(with full load of ammunition on guns) lacks for some magic "reload" reason.

This is easy to mix up, but having a reload is a good thing if real rof is equal. It means the alpha is higher. What would you rather have, a gun that does 1/6hp every second without reloading ever or a gun that does 10hp instantly and then reloads for a minute? A tank that fires 4 shots with a lengthy reload or a tank with perfectly consistent autoloader?

Suppressing stuff is an exception, but it depends on the target and is a niche thing unless we're talking m163cs,

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”