Broken Stuff that Needs Fixing ASAP

Tiera
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Broken Shit that Needs Fixing ASAP

Postby Tiera » Mon 28 Aug 2017 14:38

HrcAk47 wrote:Furthermore, loadout feels extremely minmaxed for meta.

This is both true and a general problem of DLC nations, as they were all designed with the existing meta in mind.

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Mon 28 Aug 2017 17:56

Tiera wrote:

This is both true and a general problem of DLC nations, as they were all designed with the existing meta in mind.

But honestly, is it a problem?
I'm not trying to answer the question, but providing a different perspective.

I'm against how Wargame advertises 1,000+ "authentic" units while keeping 80% of them at junk levels through bad pricing/availability/capability (I'm especially looking at you recon/vehicle tabs).
I like how DLC nations have significantly fewer redundant units which means players (especially the less skilled ones) fall into pitfalls of using bad units much less frequently.
That being said, the power-creep associated with the DLC nations must get undone.

throwaway
Lieutenant

Postby throwaway » Mon 28 Aug 2017 18:13

urogard wrote:I like how DLC nations have significantly fewer redundant units which means players (especially the less skilled ones) fall into pitfalls of using bad units much less frequently.

Do you also dislike how 99% of the orders you can give in the game are bad moves?

Tiera wrote:

I think minmaxed is the right word. Eugen acquired deeper knowledge of the meta over the past 3 years through tournies and player feedback, and it does show with how precisely they've piled up strengths onto the new nations. That deeper knowledge could also have been used to add weaknesses, which are also part of the meta, but for whatever reason it wasn't. Maybe they just paid too much attention to people asking for buffs and capability fillings and not enough to the opposite.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 28 Aug 2017 18:50

throwaway wrote:Maybe they just paid too much attention to people asking for buffs and capability fillings and not enough to the opposite.

The plain and simple did not test the balance, they only tested the functionaility... and even that not well enough.

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Mon 28 Aug 2017 19:02

throwaway wrote:
urogard wrote:I like how DLC nations have significantly fewer redundant units which means players (especially the less skilled ones) fall into pitfalls of using bad units much less frequently.

Do you also dislike how 99% of the orders you can give in the game are bad moves?

無 [mu]

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Tue 29 Aug 2017 14:40

Razzmann wrote:
another505 wrote:Jaak 90 and xa180kt is very good and no doubt a meta unit but you need to look at the big picture of finland and baltic that they lack sufficient heavy tank. Its assymetrical balancing
The finmod is the worst two per card super heavy and it has to face superior three per card super heavies

However i wont deny baltic is a very strong coalition

EB tank game was also not very strong and they had to get nerfed. Not a very good argument. Besides, the Päivs help massively when dealing with superheavies.

True, EB did got a nerf in bmp1
I am not sure Paivs are that good...while good at against super heavies, it still extremely fragile for its price.
Of Salt

thelizardofdoom
Sergeant First-Class

Postby thelizardofdoom » Wed 30 Aug 2017 08:05

another505 wrote:True, EB did got a nerf in bmp1
I am not sure Paivs are that good...while good at against super heavies, it still extremely fragile for its price.

They are good they just are hyper micro-intensive. Especially with the smoke Meta they are good for the peekaboo gameplay.
Yes im aware my grammar and spelling are dreadful. Email complaints to android for having terrible software or eugen for having a mobile unfriendly site.

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Wed 30 Aug 2017 14:14

thelizardofdoom wrote:
another505 wrote:True, EB did got a nerf in bmp1

They are good they just are hyper micro-intensive. Especially with the smoke Meta they are good for the peekaboo gameplay.

Its just me, i dont think TD tanks are good. Except the song gun in faustmann mod which has sufficient armor.
Ptz-89 and PAIV to me are great against super heavies but they are fragile and weak for its price against anything else.

Super heavies make their purpose in game as a standing ground power that force enemy to remove it. It can tank hits is what mostly great about them, making chally 2 in my opinion the best super heavies. Most of the time, the high AP isn't the most important cause you aren't always shooting tanks, but armor always make the difference regardless of what is shooting at you.
I would rank super heavy stats in armor> rof> AP> Accuracy. ROF higher than AP since AP influence armor units when ROF affects every target you shoot at.

But thats just me, i havent seen PAIV being used often and i rarely use them even though i love playing finland. i just spam T-55s variants with finmod lol. Even playing baltic i prefer wilk2 instead, it just so much more versatile.
I havent seen smoke meta making PAIV being used more, but then again, i rarely play the game anymore....
Of Salt

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 30 Aug 2017 14:39

another505 wrote:Ptz-89 and PAIV to me are great against super heavies but they are fragile and weak for its price against anything else.

They are on a whole different level. The PÄIV has a stabilizer which helps massively with "peek-a-boo-ing" and it also cannot get one shot by any KE upfront.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Wed 30 Aug 2017 14:41

Razzmann wrote:
another505 wrote:Ptz-89 and PAIV to me are great against super heavies but they are fragile and weak for its price against anything else.

They are on a whole different level. The PÄIV has a stabilizer which helps massively with "peek-a-boo-ing" and it also cannot get one shot by any KE upfront.

You are forgetting the 23AP.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”