Is this game near unplayable for anyone else at this point?

User avatar
Shika
Corporal
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri 28 Mar 2014 02:25
Location: Hämeenlinna

Is this game near unplayable for anyone else at this point?

Postby Shika » Sat 2 Sep 2017 00:10

It seems like this game is basically dead unless it's Saturday or Sunday, because I'm getting literally 5 lobbies up on a good night during American evening times. Tonight I never went over 4 lobbies in like 3 hours

And many of them are a group of friends clearly waiting to stomp people.

Stacks have been a huge annoyance, but now it seems like matches aren't even easy to get anymore. I love this game despite its flaws, but man nothing makes me want to give up more than getting on and waiting 20 minutes to get a lobby that isn't a stack with a lobby set up clearly not only by a group of friends, but with the game settings and spawn points tweaked to their style. It's a waste of time to bother with these players, yet it seems like NATO stacks are the only people desperate enough to sit in a lobby long enough to get a match

10v10s were fun in ALB, but the amount of artillery in RD makes them totally unenjoyable for me
IGN: Suojeluskunta

User avatar
HrcAk47
Colonel
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sat 3 May 2014 18:00
Contact:

Re: Is this game near unplayable for anyone else at this point?

Postby HrcAk47 » Sat 2 Sep 2017 09:36

Actually, the game is doing quite well. It's not as bad as you claim.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

urogard
Brigadier
Posts: 3062
Joined: Sun 4 May 2014 13:31
Contact:

Re: Is this game near unplayable for anyone else at this point?

Postby urogard » Sat 2 Sep 2017 09:53

The prime time to play is 17:00-23:30 CET
Anything beyond that becomes quite a bit harder to get a game going, but other than that, no it's great.
Unlike the dead wasteland called SD

User avatar
chykka
Brigadier
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed 28 Nov 2012 14:55
Location: Canada, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Is this game near unplayable for anyone else at this point?

Postby chykka » Sat 2 Sep 2017 09:59

Yeah the game is fine, just kinda feel the same as Molni about somethings so I don't have much pull to play the game.
Image

User avatar
HrcAk47
Colonel
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sat 3 May 2014 18:00
Contact:

Re: Is this game near unplayable for anyone else at this point?

Postby HrcAk47 » Sat 2 Sep 2017 10:01

chykka wrote:Yeah the game is fine, just kinda feel the same as Molni about somethings so I don't have much pull to play the game.


Oh no, you've been bitten...
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

User avatar
Shika
Corporal
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri 28 Mar 2014 02:25
Location: Hämeenlinna

Re: Is this game near unplayable for anyone else at this point?

Postby Shika » Sat 2 Sep 2017 17:23

HrcAk47 wrote:
chykka wrote:Yeah the game is fine, just kinda feel the same as Molni about somethings so I don't have much pull to play the game.


Oh no, you've been bitten...

IDK man, are you playing frequently as a solo and not with a group of players?

It's really, really bad right now. Everyone is stacked, so many leavers, barely any matches...it's very hard to get me to dislike Wargame, but It's almost at that point. I'd like to know what matches you are playing because the quality of matches I've had in past month or 2 are the lowest I've ever experienced in a Wargame
IGN: Suojeluskunta

User avatar
HrcAk47
Colonel
Posts: 2788
Joined: Sat 3 May 2014 18:00
Contact:

Re: Is this game near unplayable for anyone else at this point?

Postby HrcAk47 » Sat 2 Sep 2017 18:52

Shika wrote:
HrcAk47 wrote:
chykka wrote:Yeah the game is fine, just kinda feel the same as Molni about somethings so I don't have much pull to play the game.


Oh no, you've been bitten...

IDK man, are you playing frequently as a solo and not with a group of players?

It's really, really bad right now. Everyone is stacked, so many leavers, barely any matches...it's very hard to get me to dislike Wargame, but It's almost at that point. I'd like to know what matches you are playing because the quality of matches I've had in past month or 2 are the lowest I've ever experienced in a Wargame


Have you ever tried hosting your own lobbies where you kick anybody that has higher or lower than 1 standard deviation win rate compared to yours?

That having been said, 1v1 to 2v2 is the sweet spot for this game.
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

nande
Lieutenant
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue 30 Sep 2014 02:31
Contact:

Re: Is this game near unplayable for anyone else at this point?

Postby nande » Sat 2 Sep 2017 19:09

transition to 1v1 ranked and play whatever you feel is most overpowered. That should quickly give you a new perspective on balance

User avatar
chykka
Brigadier
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed 28 Nov 2012 14:55
Location: Canada, Alberta
Contact:

Re: Is this game near unplayable for anyone else at this point?

Postby chykka » Sun 3 Sep 2017 00:29

I play more Alb and EE than RD these days. Balance is not changing and I cool with it, in all games. Only thing is people are dodging the maps I like to play. So I not really willing to wait an hour for someone to wanna play just not really worth it. While in the old games with smaller player base you get in tempo with players matches you will have match after match playing with the most the same guys. I havn't found a 10v10 in ages in Alb, closest thing we played was a small match on a server but that was probably a year ago.
10v10 is great though, it really is. However it does take a lot of players to play it. I see some guys wwho play 10v10 at level 50 + with over 3000 matches. So I can tell they don't have to wait long sometimes. Small matches 1-8 players in the future could benefit Match maker. Something where you can select 4v4 and 3v3 and search for both at same time, Custom lobbies are cool and all to pick settings but to be honest people can just plan their deck for the map which is quite silly and be broken with maps like Fjord. Or anyone who can make plan for a map.
Image

User avatar
Shika
Corporal
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri 28 Mar 2014 02:25
Location: Hämeenlinna

Re: Is this game near unplayable for anyone else at this point?

Postby Shika » Sun 3 Sep 2017 17:28

chykka wrote:I play more Alb and EE than RD these days. Balance is not changing and I cool with it, in all games. Only thing is people are dodging the maps I like to play. So I not really willing to wait an hour for someone to wanna play just not really worth it. While in the old games with smaller player base you get in tempo with players matches you will have match after match playing with the most the same guys. I havn't found a 10v10 in ages in Alb, closest thing we played was a small match on a server but that was probably a year ago.
10v10 is great though, it really is. However it does take a lot of players to play it. I see some guys wwho play 10v10 at level 50 + with over 3000 matches. So I can tell they don't have to wait long sometimes. Small matches 1-8 players in the future could benefit Match maker. Something where you can select 4v4 and 3v3 and search for both at same time, Custom lobbies are cool and all to pick settings but to be honest people can just plan their deck for the map which is quite silly and be broken with maps like Fjord. Or anyone who can make plan for a map.

10v10s are fun when it's not a premade stack on one side with 10-20 pieces of artillery going from the start. Which is probably over 80% of 10v10s I see. There is no counter to artillery turtling in a map with so many players because chokepoints prevent you from overwhelming on the popular maps like STTP.

ALB and EE had much better map design, I love some of the new maps in RD like Highway to Seoul but some like Paddy Field seem like they are designed to prevent any sort of flanking, which means artillery and air are going to be king on a map that small with forested areas and cities in fairly small places, very easy to continually artillery CV places with just a handful of artillery pieces which is why the map is terrible for conquest IMO. The map is okay for destruction just again, I understand why the map is so popular. If you play it, you don't even need to worry about flanks or backdooring so you can just tunnel vision over the frontline with mortars. That's not a fun match if you ask me

That's my larger problem with conquest in general. Bombing a forest takes not only point investment but point risk over reward. Bombarding the only viable CV spot with artillery for an instant kill takes only an investment, no risk at all. And with how many chokepoints(bridges everywhere) Eugen seemed to add into these new maps, it means pushing hard is not always viable against someone who spent too much money on air or artillery
IGN: Suojeluskunta

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 90 guests