Increasing player base in WG4

QUAD
Colonel

Increasing player base in WG4

Postby QUAD » Fri 8 Sep 2017 20:54

What can be done to increase the playerbase in WG4? My opinion:

-higher production quality-sound on par with CoH, ability to observe what a unit sees in first person w/stylized hud

-a meaty scripted campaign with proper voice acting that shows new players the ropes and is fast and fun

-make custom servers only available to players with corporal rank or above

- a fun and diverse variety of effective unit composition allowing players to make deck based on playstyle

-make firefights between vehicles last slightly longer and be more intense

-include a co-op PVE mode

-persistence for unlocking certain items (100 wins in auto match as USA and you unlock M60E3 for Rifles, but only in aforementioned PvE/custom games
BUFF USA

Markenzwieback
Captain

Re: Increasing player base in WG4

Postby Markenzwieback » Fri 8 Sep 2017 21:04

QUAD wrote:-persistence for unlocking certain items (100 wins in auto match as USA and you unlock M60E3 for Rifles, but only in aforementioned PvE/custom games

Screw unlocks. I'd be mad if Eugen went back to this.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Fri 8 Sep 2017 21:18

Markenzwieback wrote:
QUAD wrote:-persistence for unlocking certain items (100 wins in auto match as USA and you unlock M60E3 for Rifles, but only in aforementioned PvE/custom games

It would only be for unranked modes and servers could shut it off. It would get content into the game and appeal to casuals without ruining gameplay.
BUFF USA

thelizardofdoom
Sergeant First-Class

Postby thelizardofdoom » Mon 11 Sep 2017 01:00

Markenzwieback wrote:

Just the thought of unlocks makes me feel sick

Their is no fucking point to add something like that at all.
Yes im aware my grammar and spelling are dreadful. Email complaints to android for having terrible software or eugen for having a mobile unfriendly site.

captaincarnage
Major

Postby captaincarnage » Mon 11 Sep 2017 01:02

To hell with unlocks that benefits literally no one.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

chykka
Brigadier

Postby chykka » Mon 11 Sep 2017 01:35

Well I'd think they'd help new players learn. Without just giving them nighthawks right away, so they will learn to cope with less than having access to everything at the get go.

DarkJakkaru
Private

Postby DarkJakkaru » Mon 11 Sep 2017 07:46

I like they way they did Steel Division in the sense that it spreads out units from beginning, middle, and late game. A lot of easy mistakes folks do is buy over priced stuff and not do anything remarkable with them like expensive artillery. With the setup of Steel Division, this minimizes folks making those mistakes and concentrates on setting up the game through phases.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Mon 11 Sep 2017 09:24

chykka wrote:Well I'd think they'd help new players learn. Without just giving them nighthawks right away, so they will learn to cope with less than having access to everything at the get go.

That's what tutorials should be for...

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 11 Sep 2017 13:10

Markenzwieback wrote:

I'm all for unlocks as long as it is kept to strictly cosmetic things. For instance, unlocking winter camo for your army, or division markings, and so on and so forth.

QUAD wrote:-higher production quality-sound on par with CoH, ability to observe what a unit sees in first person w/stylized hud

Sounds gimmicky, you already get pretty impressive visuals from zooming all the way in and panning around.

-a meaty scripted campaign with proper voice acting that shows new players the ropes and is fast and fun

A return to scripted campaigns would be nice. Apparently however EUGEN thinks it is a 50/50 split on that.

-make custom servers only available to players with corporal rank or above

- a fun and diverse variety of effective unit composition allowing players to make deck based on playstyle

tl;dr better balance.

-make firefights between vehicles last slightly longer and be more intense

So... nerf accuracy across the board? I hope some tweaks to artillery and air strikes come in to make them even less of an impact in how infantry brawls go.

-include a co-op PVE mode

Sure, would be good for the casual crowd.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Mon 11 Sep 2017 19:01

Khöm...

To me at first pont if we are speaking something WG : RD derivative with upgraded IRISZOOM engine I rather have general modeling requirements...

• No more flat ECM modifier... According to type of missile or threat different modifier should be used.
  • No more non distance dependent tube arty dispersion / CEP. It is insane the rocket arty has usage only at close to min range while tube arty can kill anyting from other side of map...
  • Even the best arty should have worse CEP than LGB or even low released dumb bombs. Currently with coor shot best arty are more accurate than bombers. This is laughably funny aspect...
  • Experience level should have effect on AC defense modifiers.
  • ECM (dispensers) for helos.
  • Qty. of combat helos should be similar to AC because as they represented in WG is simply bad. Period. In RL a whole army have some dozens of combat helos while in WG combat helos can be more numerous than tanks...
  • Larger scale of combat at least battalion size. Is simply strange where qty. of SAMs for one player is what a battalion has while comat units are representing only about 1/10 or less of a battalion...
  • SAM launch should not be located even from AC especially if we are speaking long range radar SAM. IT is unreal, in RL is quite hard to spot the launch and of course a pilot never can give such exact loactaion that an arty strike kill is able to kill blindly a SAM. This is what we can see in WG and it is very unreal and cancerous. Icons should be represent that AC detected SAM launch and maybe it can give a zone where it came. Nothing else.
  • Arty radar should be default or a unit which can be placed on field and can detect arty shots and make possible the counterarty. The current reflex based counter arty is not worth and worthy to a TACTICAL game. This should not be the challenge of reflexes...

I could give more and mor options but from my aspect such general modeling issues are cruical.
Last edited by molnibalage on Tue 12 Sep 2017 08:21, edited 1 time in total.