Increasing player base in WG4

thenosh
Lieutenant

Re: Increasing player base in WG4

Postby thenosh » Mon 11 Sep 2017 21:34

QUAD wrote:What can be done to increase the playerbase in WG4? My opinion:

-higher production quality-sound on par with CoH, ability to observe what a unit sees in first person w/stylized hud

-a meaty scripted campaign with proper voice acting that shows new players the ropes and is fast and fun

-make custom servers only available to players with corporal rank or above

- a fun and diverse variety of effective unit composition allowing players to make deck based on playstyle

-make firefights between vehicles last slightly longer and be more intense

-include a co-op PVE mode

-persistence for unlocking certain items (100 wins in auto match as USA and you unlock M60E3 for Rifles, but only in aforementioned PvE/custom games

- Release it.
"Where is my T-80UK CV with top mounted BUK-M1?"

-Wargame global chat, somewhen somewhere-

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Mon 11 Sep 2017 23:05

Warchat needs a free dlc

JK
anyways, better tutorial, and armory that EXPLAINS STUFF AND MEANS IT
looking at you, rof.
Of Salt

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Mon 11 Sep 2017 23:18

This game (or any future Wargame) needs a scripted campaign that is ACTUALLY working as a good TUTORIAL, bringing in players interested and making them familiar with game mechanics. At the end of the several different missions with increasing difficulty (there is working AI in Steel Division, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem) people can jump into multiplayer and won't be 100% steamrolled for their first games.

AlphaKilo
Corporal

Postby AlphaKilo » Tue 12 Sep 2017 09:12

A well done campaign is crucial to success of a game like this. A friend of mine bought WG pack as per my recommendation, launched the game, started the campaign, played 1h, closed the game and that was that. Once I showed him how things work in skirmish vs AI he actually started to really like the game. Games like this are way to intimidating for new players, that is why it needs a good campaign that, as pointed out in this thread, serves as great tutorial.

A campaign that is slowly adds units to your arsenal in order to slowly expand amount of tools you use to overcome an obstacle, rather then artificial barriers that are there just to make things difficult. AoA suffered from that big time.

Anyone remembers AoW DA (not HT)? While it's campaign was far from perfect it was passable and I replayed it multiple times with zero casualties. That was actually possible in that game through a bit of thinking and some trial and error.

Also, don't do defend for X min or seize in X minutes missions. They are super annoying.
Make a campaign that is a tool to learn and an enjoyable, memorable experience rather then something to torture yourself with.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 12 Sep 2017 13:59

thenosh wrote:- Release it.

Epic.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 12 Sep 2017 14:02

Markenzwieback wrote:This game (or any future Wargame) needs a scripted campaign that is ACTUALLY working as a good TUTORIAL, bringing in players interested and making them familiar with game mechanics. At the end of the several different missions with increasing difficulty (there is working AI in Steel Division, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem) people can jump into multiplayer and won't be 100% steamrolled for their first games.

No scripted tuturial can support the knowledge and experience which is needed for level of WG ALB or RD. But a fully scripted camapaign to me is far, far more interesting what ALB or RD campaigns could provide.

I was able to play only once human vs human campaign and I lost, but it was far better fun than just playing everytime with 100% customized decks without further consequence to next battle. To me EE syle campaigns are simply outdated aspect ALB and RD were far better. The AI always will be dumb comparng to a human as long as this is the level of an "AI". So giving the option of similar online campaign as in ALB to me is quite a priority.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Tue 12 Sep 2017 14:38

another505 wrote:Warchat needs a free dlc

I'm a proud owner of the MLG Chatgame Premium Edition.

anyways, better tutorial, and armory that EXPLAINS STUFF AND MEANS IT
looking at you, rof.

I'd say make the armory a lot easier to figure out as well. If you are scanning a Chieftain tank, you should have all sorts of information pop up and not have to dig into the actual files to figure it all out. DPS should be calculated for you for weapons, a "live fire range" where you can see how long something lasts under fire from various weapons, and so on. How things like true machine gun RoF is not available in the armory is disappointing to say the least to me. You shouldn't have to be a long time player who follows the forums in order to figure it out, or know how to dig into the files yourself, etc etc.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

R3d Sh4mbala
Sergeant Major

Postby R3d Sh4mbala » Sat 16 Sep 2017 00:29

Actually the concept of unlocks, would be nice again.

But, having it combined with a rank restriction; so you don't have "Seal Club the Noobs!" Games. Per Rank you get unlocks like in EE. It would mean some players might use their points to get the uber tier but leave themselves extremely vulnerable to hordes of lower tier stuff.

Separating the Casual vs Pro gamer servers would be nice. Also separating the Ranked Pros vs. Casual Pro would be nice. More selections of ranked settings. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, on and so forth. Ranked Modes as well, and even map up vote down vote capacity. Also allowing for ranked category separation. [Again Seal Club.]

More Map modes. ALB Siege or even a King of the Hill would be cool. Something with the No Points mode would be nice as well. Tacticals are a must. AND PORT ALL WARGAME MAPS!!!!!!

I think the SD44 concept is valid, but it begets other issues. There are some issues like "armored recon" that would have to be addressed. Category games are another thing.

Maybe Limiting the Game to a Certain Time Frame might be useful.

But, I think it would be nice to have some interesting differences.

AND PLEASE INTERACTIVE PLAYABLE TUTORIALS AND CAMPAIGNS LIKE ALB AND EE.

take everything that was sucessful in WarGame series and combine it into WG4.

Nathan des Lessings
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Nathan des Lessings » Sat 16 Sep 2017 01:22

I'd like it, if they stay with the SD 44 system of mapcontrol instead of the zones in WrD.
Additionally a lobby simulator, again as in SD 44, would be nice to have fair games, where the lobbychief can't push the better player to his side.
Furthermore better infantie battles, with more details and superior grafiks would be nice.
Wer kämpft, kann verlieren. Wer nicht kämpft, hat schon verloren.

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Sat 16 Sep 2017 16:28

Nathan des Lessings wrote:I'd like it, if they stay with the SD 44 system of mapcontrol instead of the zones in WrD.

No thank you, letting enemy know where my units are without the enemy even needing recon units is a bullshit idea to begin with. No need to promote it any further than in that one experiment.

What they should have done instead is expand all zones to cover 100% of the map, simply uniformly expand sizes of all zones until the whole map is covered so every spot on the map belongs to some zone.
Makes pushing a lot more effective and completely removes the whole issue about cv sniping.