Increasing player base in WG4

User avatar
molnibalage
General
Posts: 6550
Joined: Thu 1 Aug 2013 22:54
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: Increasing player base in WG4

Postby molnibalage » Tue 19 Sep 2017 10:21

Nathan des Lessings wrote:
urogard wrote:
Nathan des Lessings wrote:I'd like it, if they stay with the SD 44 system of mapcontrol instead of the zones in WrD.

No thank you, letting enemy know where my units are without the enemy even needing recon units is a bullshit idea to begin with. No need to promote it any further than in that one experiment.

What they should have done instead is expand all zones to cover 100% of the map, simply uniformly expand sizes of all zones until the whole map is covered so every spot on the map belongs to some zone.
Makes pushing a lot more effective and completely removes the whole issue about cv sniping.


But still CVs will be necessary to control them and you are still trying to push sb. out of that zone, which would be a lot harder when the zones are that large.

Amen. I never understood why the zones are so small. The frontline system of StDV is simply bad becase what is mentioned, without recon you have intel where can be the enemy...

User avatar
47andrej
Lieutenant
Posts: 1286
Joined: Sun 12 Feb 2012 19:22
Contact:

Re: Increasing player base in WG4

Postby 47andrej » Wed 4 Oct 2017 19:53

Yo ppl first thread in Focus General Discussion :) It was quite hard to find appropriate section at Focus.
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/1219/wargame-red-dragon-future

User avatar
Partibrejker
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun 22 Feb 2015 22:14
Location: Elektronska Industrija, Yugoslavia
Contact:

Re: Increasing player base in WG4

Postby Partibrejker » Thu 19 Oct 2017 02:48

Just add a map of europe, or euroasia or the world to be played as total war medieval, make multiplayer possible on it and mission is accomplished - eternal classic.

#InYourFaceHOIandTW



Also as Ramsey Markenzwieback has mentioned - better suited tutorial for total newcomers would kick ass, since that way Eugen would make learning curve more acceptable without lowering it. If they would lower it they would ruin the game.
Spoiler : :

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 545
Joined: Thu 10 Mar 2016 23:17
Contact:

Re: Increasing player base in WG4

Postby XanderTuron » Thu 19 Oct 2017 03:19

Partibrejker wrote:Just add a map of europe, or euroasia or the world to be played as total war medieval, make multiplayer possible on it and mission is accomplished - eternal classic.

#InYourFaceHOIandTW

A Total War style grand campaign in Wargame could potentially be amazing.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8391
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Increasing player base in WG4

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 19 Oct 2017 05:30

XanderTuron wrote:
Partibrejker wrote:Just add a map of europe, or euroasia or the world to be played as total war medieval, make multiplayer possible on it and mission is accomplished - eternal classic.

#InYourFaceHOIandTW

A Total War style grand campaign in Wargame could potentially be amazing.

If the multiplayer aspect of it was run like the old Cavedog Boneyards, it would be outstanding.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Steamfunk
Lieutenant
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun 14 Dec 2014 06:19

Re: Increasing player base in WG4

Postby Steamfunk » Thu 19 Oct 2017 20:59

I don't know why co-op campaign never took off, maybe not enough players were online at the same time - I'm replaying the ALB campaign right now and it's much better than I thought.

Nerdfish
Major
Posts: 1866
Joined: Thu 26 Jan 2012 22:12
Contact:

Re: Increasing player base in WG4

Postby Nerdfish » Fri 20 Oct 2017 00:53

molnibalage wrote:What they should have done instead is expand all zones to cover 100% of the map, simply uniformly expand sizes of all zones until the whole map is covered so every spot on the map belongs to some zone.
Makes pushing a lot more effective and completely removes the whole issue about cv sniping.

But still CVs will be necessary to control them and you are still trying to push sb. out of that zone, which would be a lot harder when the zones are that large.


This is the case of RUSE, where the entire map is divided into sectors. Some of them could just be worth zero points.
Here is something that's probably going to be obvious in hindsight.
If both team have a CV in a sector, the zone's consider contested and the income it provide (conq or req points) is split between both side, Depending on the total value of units in the sector.
Say team A sneak a hidden CV into a zone, with 100 pt of unit guarding it. The zone is now contested (don't make it white please, because people in team game get confused if there is already a CV, make it purple maybe). However, team B has 700 pt of units in the sector + CV,
total value of team A unit 200, total value of team B unit 800, if the Zone is worth 5 req per tick,l it will give 1 to team A and 4 to team B. Yes you can have factional Req points, you just can't buy anything with them, like pennies.

Also it should be possible to contest base sectors (the ones on either side of map with reinforcement routes), However you should always be able to reinforce from base sectors regardless of their status. Even if enemy has a CV and you don't, you should still be able to reinforce there. just watch for spawn camping.

User avatar
molnibalage
General
Posts: 6550
Joined: Thu 1 Aug 2013 22:54
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Re: Increasing player base in WG4

Postby molnibalage » Wed 25 Oct 2017 10:12

Nerdfish wrote:
molnibalage wrote:What they should have done instead is expand all zones to cover 100% of the map, simply uniformly expand sizes of all zones until the whole map is covered so every spot on the map belongs to some zone.
Makes pushing a lot more effective and completely removes the whole issue about cv sniping.

But still CVs will be necessary to control them and you are still trying to push sb. out of that zone, which would be a lot harder when the zones are that large.


This is the case of RUSE, where the entire map is divided into sectors. Some of them could just be worth zero points.
Here is something that's probably going to be obvious in hindsight.
If both team have a CV in a sector, the zone's consider contested and the income it provide (conq or req points) is split between both side, Depending on the total value of units in the sector.
Say team A sneak a hidden CV into a zone, with 100 pt of unit guarding it. The zone is now contested (don't make it white please, because people in team game get confused if there is already a CV, make it purple maybe). However, team B has 700 pt of units in the sector + CV,
total value of team A unit 200, total value of team B unit 800, if the Zone is worth 5 req per tick,l it will give 1 to team A and 4 to team B. Yes you can have factional Req points, you just can't buy anything with them, like pennies.

Also it should be possible to contest base sectors (the ones on either side of map with reinforcement routes), However you should always be able to reinforce from base sectors regardless of their status. Even if enemy has a CV and you don't, you should still be able to reinforce there. just watch for spawn camping.

There are tons of viable way to create a better system then current or what StDvN 44 has.

feeblezak
Lieutenant
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun 4 Mar 2012 13:43
Contact:

Re: Increasing player base in WG4

Postby feeblezak » Tue 31 Oct 2017 00:33

QUAD wrote:
Markenzwieback wrote:
QUAD wrote:-persistence for unlocking certain items (100 wins in auto match as USA and you unlock M60E3 for Rifles, but only in aforementioned PvE/custom games

Screw unlocks. I'd be mad if Eugen went back to this.


It would only be for unranked modes and servers could shut it off. It would get content into the game and appeal to casuals without ruining gameplay.


I don't think so. It'd drive more people away. I hated unlocks in EE and was glad when they finally made their departure in ALB
Give the MiG-19PFM its 5600m Missile back!!
If Someone could tell the drivers of the T-72M1M's and T-72B's to close their hatches, cheers.

scottslater
Corporal
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon 10 Feb 2014 03:55
Contact:

Re: Increasing player base in WG4

Postby scottslater » Tue 7 Nov 2017 05:59

About unlocking, having any kind of grinding aspect in the game is what some people would want. So maybe have three game modes, skirmish that has everything available to play in a sandbox concept; a campaign for each nation available that you "grind" up in rank to get more access to units for the mission; and multiplayer.

As for the map concept from SD44, using that mode would be perfect if they just eliminated the line. You would have no idea where the other units are, just the percentage of the field that you control and if you need to prepare a push or prepare a defensive posture.
Give me Freedom or give me Death.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests