Been away , can anyone TLDR the latest developments with WG?

Markenzwieback
Captain

Re: Been away , can anyone TLDR the latest developments with WG?

Postby Markenzwieback » Wed 1 Nov 2017 11:38

Razzmann wrote:
Markenzwieback wrote:Wrong, latest development was REDs DLC, with Yugo and Finland. Israel was before that and received a balance patch. The last two didn't.

That extra balance patch they got surely fixed a lot of the problems!
viewtopic.php?f=155&t=58565#p985327

It actually did address some of the more pressing issues, wouldn't you agree?

Maglans/Spike nerfed
Merkava IIA nerfed
Hafiz fixed
AA helicopters fixed
160mm mortar nerfed

But that patch was only half the nerfs. We did get further Merkava and Maglan nerfs in another patch. Granted though, some minor fixes to Yugo and Finland came with that patch too, but also a hole new level of broken. ;)

Edit: We must have missed another patch where Spike MR missile sound was increased to nerf Maglans. Because in the notes I linked, the Finnish Spike MR was fixed after I hinted to possible issues with shared weapon and firing noise stats.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 1 Nov 2017 11:56

Markenzwieback wrote:It actually did address some of the more pressing issues, wouldn't you agree?

Maglans/Spike nerfed
Merkava IIA nerfed
Hafiz fixed
AA helicopters fixed
160mm mortar nerfed

No, all of the units that were issues before, still were and to this day, still are.

Markenzwieback wrote:But that patch was only half the nerfs. We did get further Merkava and Maglan nerfs in another patch. Granted though, some minor fixes to Yugo and Finland came with that patch too, but also a hole new level of broken. ;)

Edit: We must have missed another patch where Spike MR missile sound was increased to nerf Maglans. Because in the notes I linked, the Finnish Spike MR was fixed after I hinted to possible issues with shared weapon and firing noise stats.

And Yugo and Finnish units got nerfed too in that patch.

I just can't get away that feeling that Israel is supposedly "more fixed" than Reds because it got two more patches...

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Wed 1 Nov 2017 13:07

FrangibleCover wrote:
Bougnas wrote:I wish SK M48A5s weren't that bad

I mean, the A5Ks (not even the WRSA, basic bitch A5K) had the same ballistic computer as an M60A3 and the same gun. They should be decent. A3Ks should be superb though: Same FCS, tiny gun, giant turret interior, HUGE RoF. Right?

That's what I wanted for a while. 60% accuracy and better AP (13? 15?) and 2275m range (A5K) with more front armor would do wonders.

I'm not sure that the A3K received the updated FCS, at least not pre 1980.

Edit: actually it did, you can see the sensors on the turret but it's not pre 1980. Wiki says that the M48A5K was ntroduced in 1980 so that's the threshold.

Vladimirova
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Vladimirova » Mon 6 Nov 2017 04:20

Israel infantries should be nerfed down to militia level to reflect the fact that they suck so bad they got rekt by Hiz'bullah
The Notorious, Narcissistic Pink

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Mon 6 Nov 2017 10:23

Vladimirova wrote:Israel infantries should be nerfed down to militia level to reflect the fact that they suck so bad they got rekt by Hiz'bullah

Same should be applied to USSR, because they sucked so bad against some Afghan hillbillies, right?

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 6 Nov 2017 12:36

10/10 idea. Also NK infantry should always spawn with only 1man left in the squad because they have nothing to eat.

damoj
Sergeant Major

Postby damoj » Mon 6 Nov 2017 12:57

Vladimirova wrote:Israel infantries should be nerfed down to militia level to reflect the fact that they suck so bad they got rekt by Hiz'bullah

Wargame 4: Rhizomatic Warfare
Hizbullah gets 80% base accuracy for ASMs, BM-21 Grads cost 15 points, all inf. starts at Shock.

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Mon 6 Nov 2017 13:07

Razzmann wrote:10/10 idea. Also NK infantry should always spawn with only 1man left in the squad because they have nothing to eat.

no, they spawn with 10 men, but anytime they are sitting idle, they disperse in all directions to go foraging.

Darkstar387
Warrant Officer

Postby Darkstar387 » Wed 8 Nov 2017 22:22

Based on things I've read lately, I don;t think Eugen has any desire to develop a new Wargame, and I can't blame them. The amount of flak they took while supporting this game was unbelievable... I've never seen such an agonizing amount of salt. I love the wargame series, but this community became toxic and ruined it for the developers, effectively beheading the idea of Wargame 4.
Its a damn shame, this is a great game, there are simply none like it. Eugen crafted a masterpiece, I'd glady shell out cash for continued development.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Wed 8 Nov 2017 22:51

Darkstar387 wrote:The amount of flak they took while supporting this game was unbelievable... I've never seen such an agonizing amount of salt.

Weird, most of the reactions of patches during the past 2 years have been positive. I guess I must have visited a different forum than you.

If Eugen actually thinks the majority of Wargame players are ungrateful, then maybe they have an issue with analyzing and differentiating feedback.