Anti-Surrendering Rules for WG 4

urogard
Colonel

Re: Anti-Surrendering Rules for WG 4

Postby urogard » Sat 4 Nov 2017 21:13

integ3r wrote:The best anti-surrender mechanic is a good matchmaker. People generally don't quit out of even matches.

If you stomp a team of randoms, guess what: they'll quit.

Know how many people I've seen leaving after 15 mins saying "cya guys, gotta run to class/work/meet friends/etc" after joining a 60 minute game?
If you're not sure you can't finish a game, don't even bother joining one.

Leavers need to get punished out of principle, everything else is extra.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 5 Nov 2017 00:59

integ3r wrote:The best anti-surrender mechanic is a good matchmaker. People generally don't quit out of even matches.

100% this. Pubstomping is the biggest reason why people bail out.

urogard wrote:Know how many people I've seen leaving after 15 mins saying "cya guys, gotta run to class/work/meet friends/etc" after joining a 60 minute game?

From my experience, it's no where as near as common as people bailing out of unbalanced teams by far. Next biggest reason seems to be when the game has gone on for a bit but one side managed to exploit whatever, and a collapse has begun and a comeback has started to look bleak. Hell, I can't even remember the last time someone actually bothered to give the reason they bailed. If someone drops from a game super early on, often times its without even a word, if ever.

Also, referencing to 60 minute games seems... out of place. I host 60 minute games sometimes, and half the time people bitch when I do. They always end up asking for 50 or 40 instead. The vast majority of the games I join are only 40 minutes.

urogard wrote:People posting their opinions about things they have no actual clue about is pretty detrimental to discussions in general. I can link you to a few places if you want to read up on this topic.

Nice attempt at being edgy, now post those links. Why you didn't post them in the first place I can't even imagine.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sun 5 Nov 2017 11:09

Fade2Gray wrote:

Yup, basically why I stopped playing...

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 5 Nov 2017 14:34

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:

Yup, basically why I stopped playing...

Indeed, when the view stats stopped working, I stopped playing after awhile as well. Of all the games I had before I gave up, only 1 was remotely balanced. The rest? Insanely unbalanced massacres. I was bailing out of games left and right when I realized what was up. Eventually I just stopped going online altogether. One team was always a stack, the other randoms with most being noobs. Of course some people were thrilled with this because "they could finally get a game" as they claimed.

Balancing the matches is a much higher priority than trying to punish people. This is the biggest crux of it all.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?