The Time has come for a Community Patch

User avatar
nuke92
Lieutenant
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2016 21:51
Contact:

Re: The Time has come for a Community Patch

Postby nuke92 » Fri 10 Nov 2017 19:43

Can someone pls find the post where MM explicitly says that a contract with Focus has expired?

Or is it really just an urban legend?

The community can do all the work for the "final balance patch", test it extensively, hell even try he cluster and those crazy things and when finished ask Eugen politely to officially release it.
Image
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017


User avatar
nuke92
Lieutenant
Posts: 1119
Joined: Tue 14 Jun 2016 21:51
Contact:

Re: The Time has come for a Community Patch

Postby nuke92 » Fri 10 Nov 2017 21:05

throwaway wrote:https://np.reddit.com/r/wargame/comments/77dne6/can_someone_go_to_eugen_office/dolib49/?context=3


yeah no, editing numbers isn't new content.
Image
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

urogard
Brigadier
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun 4 May 2014 13:31
Contact:

Re: The Time has come for a Community Patch

Postby urogard » Sat 11 Nov 2017 07:28

nuke92 wrote:
throwaway wrote:https://np.reddit.com/r/wargame/comments/77dne6/can_someone_go_to_eugen_office/dolib49/?context=3


yeah no, editing numbers isn't new content.

that's where you're wrong buddy
Intellectual property laws have different views on that.
a change is a change

User avatar
Narcissistic Black
Major
Posts: 1892
Joined: Tue 14 Jan 2014 01:58
Contact:

Re: The Time has come for a Community Patch

Postby Narcissistic Black » Fri 24 Nov 2017 12:17

So what is happening here? Is this happening?
The First Narcissist
Image
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

User avatar
Markenzwieback
Captain
Posts: 1708
Joined: Tue 27 Oct 2015 17:06
Contact:

Re: The Time has come for a Community Patch

Postby Markenzwieback » Fri 24 Nov 2017 13:53

Been brainstorming for some sensible balance changes over the past couple of weeks since this thread started. I could post them here and get a discussion going...
Image

captaincarnage
Major
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat 29 Mar 2014 23:50
Contact:

Re: The Time has come for a Community Patch

Postby captaincarnage » Fri 24 Nov 2017 16:36

Markenzwieback wrote:Been brainstorming for some sensible balance changes over the past couple of weeks since this thread started. I could post them here and get a discussion going...


Sure, why not. It's not like there's much else going on here.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

User avatar
another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 13128
Joined: Sun 21 Jul 2013 05:18
Location: Hiatus
Contact:

Re: The Time has come for a Community Patch

Postby another505 » Fri 24 Nov 2017 19:59

Personally, I think all factions should have a role (advantages over other factions) to play, then some flavor sprinkled on top

USA - Reconnaissance , helo + High end expensive 1 per card planes and cost efficient 2 per card planes.
High end units, good optics and airforce.
- remove atacms, patriot. add Lav-AD, m60 patton recon tank
supercobra removes tow-2, gets rockets(realistic) and cheaper

CMW- Jack of all trade
There is a lot of factions, and CMW is just kinda good in everything currently.
Heavy armored tank for its price, all around faction.
No more NORAD, ADATS gain RAD, increase anti plane range but decrease anti helo range, 60 accuracy. slightly better Tor with anti ground ability- 90pts.
chally 2 , 2 per card.

EC- Tanks and IFV
To make it different from scandi. Their inf is slightly weaker, but better tanks, and wheeled IFV
2 different kinds of leclerc(whatever tranche) 2a1 gets buff. More variants of marders being used, decent infantry, meh air to surface airforce
nerf recon IFV section
Current leclerc to 2 per card.

Scandi- inf, ifv and artillery
Very defensive coalition, Im thinking MG-3 and minimi to be good in stationary,(same as now but nerf stabs) while magazine MG like l85 version, rpk gets buff in stabs
basically same Scandi, might nerf amos avail to 3 per card though..
take away EOTS HAWK.

BD- DPS vehicle, i want to make it more different but still useful, counter to RD mass number
great vehicle selections. IFV gets buff. Kyu Maru Shiki nerf AP to 19ap(Realistic) gain , 3 per card, 155 pts. Lots of big bombers

Israel, tanks and atgm, alright airforce.
I have a bit trouble in figuring this out.

USSR- Tanks and planes, lots of good high end 2 per card planes
for example: su27m take out 2 atgm and R-77 to R73. 2 per card, 150pts
T80u, um, uk 4tav.

EB, Mechanized and infantry
maybe bmp-1 nerf but make it back to 10pts? Good medium and heavy tanks, lack super heavy.
Gets better helo, cause other than USSR, whole redfor lacks high end helo. DDR gets mi-28 with S-8 and kokon-M.
a mi24 with S-13 rockets...

Baltic removed
Finland- Motorized, recon. Guerrilla force with high ap and accuracy tank, low AV. Good atgm infantry and recon tanks/inf
bmp-1 should be weaker than EB
Line 90 to 15pts, MG weaken.
Mig-29 to a multirole bomber

Yugo- tanks and AA
Buff RAD newa a bit but take away IR newa. Got to keep up the tradition of shooting down the nighthawk lol
blufor like tank.
Super galeb to 50 percent accuracy
the 10pt ifv to 15pt, 2 armor
m-84an removed.
2 cards of m-91a


RD- close range fighter
Zhanshi 85 gets the type81 mg.
ZSD 90 to twenty pts.
Lijian 90 to 30pts (same goes for spetz but i want spetz to be like fjb-40...)
Luzhandui 75 gains qlz87, make it light infantry
PF 98 RR team
konkurs NK infantry
Remove Hj9. becomes hj8b.
Tanks, very cost efficient high ap, but mediocre accuracy.
T90s to Pokpung-ho, 55 accuracy, 23 ap , 17 fav (something like faustmann mod)
Ztz96, 20av, 60 accuracy, refleks, 23ap, 8rof 3 percard
ZTZ-85-3 19av, 55, 23 ap
So RD tanks are also close range fighter , i want to separate them from finnish tank.
Also get smoke MLRS






For flavour, something like USA marine USSR VDV, EC armored, EB and RD mech and so on gets some prototype in their or something

Specialization:
Marine gets all planes
Airborne gets +2 recon slots and +1exp, helo becomes +2slots only and +1exp
Motorized gets 9 cards of infantry

General: all vehicle tab atgm gets +1exp. to make them slightly more useful over ifv atgm.
more card avail. for 5pt transport.
Image
Of Salt

User avatar
Markenzwieback
Captain
Posts: 1708
Joined: Tue 27 Oct 2015 17:06
Contact:

Re: The Time has come for a Community Patch

Postby Markenzwieback » Fri 24 Nov 2017 20:55

I'd honestly approach this with much less re-rolling and "new" units. The primary focus should be on fixing and balancing tweaks to move the game into a positive direction. The goal should be to not have any overpowered or "meta" nations/coalitions and an acceptable balance among them, without overhauling the half the game.

captaincarnage wrote:
Markenzwieback wrote:Been brainstorming for some sensible balance changes over the past couple of weeks since this thread started. I could post them here and get a discussion going...


Sure, why not. It's not like there's much else going on here.

You want the full list, or just the highlights?: :P
Image

KaiserGütinand
Private First-Class
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon 6 Mar 2017 15:55
Contact:

Re: The Time has come for a Community Patch

Postby KaiserGütinand » Fri 24 Nov 2017 21:07

another505 wrote:Personally, I think all factions should have a role (advantages over other factions) to play, then some flavor sprinkled on top

USA - Reconnaissance , helo + High end expensive 1 per card planes and cost efficient 2 per card planes.
High end units, good optics and airforce.
- remove atacms, patriot. add Lav-AD, m60 patton recon tank
supercobra removes tow-2, gets rockets(realistic) and cheaper

CMW- Jack of all trade
There is a lot of factions, and CMW is just kinda good in everything currently.
Heavy armored tank for its price, all around faction.
No more NORAD, ADATS gain RAD, increase anti plane range but decrease anti helo range, 60 accuracy. slightly better Tor with anti ground ability- 90pts.
chally 2 , 2 per card.

EC- Tanks and IFV
To make it different from scandi. Their inf is slightly weaker, but better tanks, and wheeled IFV
2 different kinds of leclerc(whatever tranche) 2a1 gets buff. More variants of marders being used, decent infantry, meh air to surface airforce
nerf recon IFV section
Current leclerc to 2 per card.

Scandi- inf, ifv and artillery
Very defensive coalition, Im thinking MG-3 and minimi to be good in stationary,(same as now but nerf stabs) while magazine MG like l85 version, rpk gets buff in stabs
basically same Scandi, might nerf amos avail to 3 per card though..
take away EOTS HAWK.

BD- DPS vehicle, i want to make it more different but still useful, counter to RD mass number
great vehicle selections. IFV gets buff. Kyu Maru Shiki nerf AP to 19ap(Realistic) gain , 3 per card, 155 pts. Lots of big bombers

Israel, tanks and atgm, alright airforce.
I have a bit trouble in figuring this out.

USSR- Tanks and planes, lots of good high end 2 per card planes
for example: su27m take out 2 atgm and R-77 to R73. 2 per card, 150pts
T80u, um, uk 4tav.

EB, Mechanized and infantry
maybe bmp-1 nerf but make it back to 10pts? Good medium and heavy tanks, lack super heavy.
Gets better helo, cause other than USSR, whole redfor lacks high end helo. DDR gets mi-28 with S-8 and kokon-M.
a mi24 with S-13 rockets...

Baltic removed
Finland- Motorized, recon. Guerrilla force with high ap and accuracy tank, low AV. Good atgm infantry and recon tanks/inf
bmp-1 should be weaker than EB
Line 90 to 15pts, MG weaken.
Mig-29 to a multirole bomber

Yugo- tanks and AA
Buff RAD newa a bit but take away IR newa. Got to keep up the tradition of shooting down the nighthawk lol
blufor like tank.
Super galeb to 50 percent accuracy
the 10pt ifv to 15pt, 2 armor
m-84an removed.
2 cards of m-91a


RD- close range fighter
Zhanshi 85 gets the type81 mg.
ZSD 90 to twenty pts.
Lijian 90 to 30pts (same goes for spetz but i want spetz to be like fjb-40...)
Luzhandui 75 gains qlz87, make it light infantry
PF 98 RR team
konkurs NK infantry
Remove Hj9. becomes hj8b.
Tanks, very cost efficient high ap, but mediocre accuracy.
T90s to Pokpung-ho, 55 accuracy, 23 ap , 17 fav (something like faustmann mod)
Ztz96, 20av, 60 accuracy, refleks, 23ap, 8rof 3 percard
ZTZ-85-3 19av, 55, 23 ap
So RD tanks are also close range fighter , i want to separate them from finnish tank.
Also get smoke MLRS






For flavour, something like USA marine USSR VDV, EC armored, EB and RD mech and so on gets some prototype in their or something

Specialization:
Marine gets all planes
Airborne gets +2 recon slots and +1exp, helo becomes +2slots only and +1exp
Motorized gets 9 cards of infantry

General: all vehicle tab atgm gets +1exp. to make them slightly more useful over ifv atgm.
more card avail. for 5pt transport.
M60 recon tank why? You can already make an ACR in game. Also for America, make M60A3, Super Patton and M1IP range 2275 m.
Scandi infantry: Which magazine automatic rifle? There's only Kg m/37.
Israel: As long as you remove the Merkava IIA or make it a StuG with one round for its main gun.
Finland: Personally I think the only WWII style medium bomber should get a carpet bombing payload of FAB-500's, but that's just me.
So why does America get an wholly redundant fictional M60 recon while Yugo gets their actually existing one removed?
ZTZ-96 is the budget tank... Also please give the JH-7 a loadout that's not a laughable 250 kg's.
Also I want to actually see MBT's with their full load out instead of the terribly gimped one we have now.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests