The Time has come for a Community Patch

HrcAk47
Colonel

Re: The Time has come for a Community Patch

Postby HrcAk47 » Sat 25 Nov 2017 14:00

XanderTuron wrote:
KaiserGütinand wrote:So why does America get an wholly redundant fictional M60 recon while Yugo gets their actually existing one removed?

Because, the M60A3 TTS is an excellent candidate for a recon tank, while the M-84AN was never actually procured by Yugoslavia; it was for Kuwait.

Hm, I wonder what other things did Canada not procure in the time frame?
The SEAD never bothered me anyway.

SMB Yugoslavia Retexture Mod, now released, v.1.0

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Sat 25 Nov 2017 14:38

throwaway wrote:
Its more or less the problem of giving RD a worthwhile ability to use cheap infantry without having to re-roll too many units. I wanted to stick to a minimum here, hence my "easy/lazy" use of a second Mot.-Schützen style unit.

I like their current infantry game, the infantry isn't that cheap but they have good RPG spam supported by very good IFV spam. It's no CMW but it is fine. The problems of the deck are in dealing with supers, the lack of atgm, the lack of ASF, the lack of unique capabilities ("unicorns"). You mostly addressed those in other changes.

Lu Zhandui are literally mot. Schützen for 5 pts more! Eugen forgot to look at the pricing when slashing down the menpower of the squad. And if we wanna go into the region of coalition design/theme/gimmick, then RD should have been the shock infantry grinder instead of the eastern German terminators.
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

NATO General
Private First-Class

Postby NATO General » Sat 25 Nov 2017 14:44

Hello!
I’m an old player of the Wargame series, I played since European escalation and consider this game one of the best RTS I played so far.
With near 120 decks done, 50/50 NATO PACT with any nation: I’ve done deck: even for nation not in the game (Iran, Albania, Vietnam, Switzerland…), I play almost all nation PACT or NATO.
Maybe, my 300+ hours won’t impress anyone but, anyway, back to the point.
I’ve been watching the reddit and this forum for a long time, no need to say I was sad to see the state of the game. But I was pretty happy to see some people are thinking for community patch, so maybe I can give some ideas.

That one of the first thing that came to my mind (with obviously the DLC rework)
Transport truck were indeed broken in Airland battle being a 1-point fast transport, permitting to flood cities with infantry like soviet in Stalingrad.
Now in red dragon they cost 5 and are only 1 card available for either Recon of Command infantry.

We got plenty of 5 point tracked APC that are slower and minimum 10-point wheeled APC that are faster but cost more, Motorized deck doesn’t have any very low-cost transport.

So, I was thinking we can give a chance to transport trucks:
-It will give access to motorized deck for some nation.
-Faster than 5 point tracked APC but unarmed and no Armor.
-Transports trucks for every infantry unit: 7 cards available (enough to go full trucks in a danish motorized deck if someone wanted)
-More possibilities/diversity of motorized deck with cheap 5-point transport truck and 10-point armoured transport.
-Possibilities to transport Command infantry AND recon infantry in truck
-Fast cheap transport for support units like MANPAD, ATGM, FIST Team (No more need of a )

Truck available for nations.
Spoiler : :
USA: M35
France: VLRA
United Kingdom: Pinzgauer
Germany: MD Jupiter
Canada: M35
Denmark: MD Jupiter or Unimog
Norway: m621
Sweden: TGB 13
ANZAC: Unimog
Japan: Chugata
South Korea: K-511
Netherland: DAF YA 4440
Israel: M325 Nun Nun

USSR: Ural 375D
East Germany: LKV Ural
Poland: Star 266
Czechoslovakia: Tatra 148
China: SX 250
North Korea: Zil-130
Yugoslavia: Pinzgauer
Finland: Zil-157

The other thing, more a minor rerolls but at least maybe this unit won’t be forgotten in its hangar forever
Norwegian M24 Chaffee (scream in the background)
Indeed, this unit is old, don’t have modern optic or all the magic system American or soviet tank have, BUT, we are in Norway and to support the home guard we have this piece of… Crap?
In the vanilla game the M24 is horrible but the T-34/85 mod 69 was shit too, but they buffed it a little, having it shooting HEAT Shell
So why not buffing the M24 with HEAT and buffing range to 1750 meters?

Maybe not the best unit to think of, but well, we are here to propose no? :)
"There's a smell of gunpowder in the air..."

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Sat 25 Nov 2017 15:44

good stuff!

can't think of anything else to add besides M-90 Sava front armor to BVP M-80A level and maaaybe the 2 extra reload missiles it had.

will Eugen atleast spread the word though... :? :?
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Sat 25 Nov 2017 16:28

keldon wrote:Lu Zhandui are literally mot. Schützen for 5 pts more! Eugen forgot to look at the pricing when slashing down the menpower of the squad. And if we wanna go into the region of coalition design/theme/gimmick, then RD should have been the shock infantry grinder instead of the eastern German terminators.

Their conversion from 15-men to 10-men showed why 15-men squads are almost universally overpriced.
Except now China is left with no viable shock squad on top of that.

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Sat 25 Nov 2017 19:10

HrcAk47 wrote:
XanderTuron wrote:Hm, I wonder what other things did Canada not procure in the time frame?

Off of the top of my head, there is the Chimera, the EF-101B Electric Voodoo, which while operated by Canada for testing purposes, was never really a major thing, the C15 LRSW (McMillan TAC-50) while operated by Canada did not enter service until the very late '90s. The Leopard 1A5 turrets that were used to upgrade the Leopard C1 to the Leopard C2 were purchased in 1994/95, but the tank itself did not enter service until 1999/2000. The Canadian Forces were doing testing with MEXAS armour kits in 1995/1996 but these were fitted to Leopard C1s.

Shall I list all of the things that Yugoslavia has in game that were not procured in time frame?
Last edited by XanderTuron on Sat 25 Nov 2017 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Sat 25 Nov 2017 19:24

urogard wrote:
keldon wrote:Lu Zhandui are literally mot. Schützen for 5 pts more! Eugen forgot to look at the pricing when slashing down the menpower of the squad. And if we wanna go into the region of coalition design/theme/gimmick, then RD should have been the shock infantry grinder instead of the eastern German terminators.

Their conversion from 15-men to 10-men showed why 15-men squads are almost universally overpriced.
Except now China is left with no viable shock squad on top of that.

The 90s version is decent, the RPG is arguably a 10 pts upgrade. The 80s version however is just an identical mot. Schützen for 5 pts more, the same situation can be said about Jeogockdae/Haebyung albeit not identical mot. Schützen clone.

I remember eugen hinted at stuff that will be gradually put into the game, like updated F-15 model using the one done in the ISR DLC, what happened to that? I mean from that reddit thread it just turned to "we are done now with RD, and also we hate you guys".
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Sat 25 Nov 2017 20:19

NATO General wrote:Hello!
Spoiler : :
I’m an old player of the Wargame series, I played since European escalation and consider this game one of the best RTS I played so far.
With near 120 decks done, 50/50 NATO PACT with any nation: I’ve done deck: even for nation not in the game (Iran, Albania, Vietnam, Switzerland…), I play almost all nation PACT or NATO.
Maybe, my 300+ hours won’t impress anyone but, anyway, back to the point.
I’ve been watching the reddit and this forum for a long time, no need to say I was sad to see the state of the game. But I was pretty happy to see some people are thinking for community patch, so maybe I can give some ideas.

That one of the first thing that came to my mind (with obviously the DLC rework)
Transport truck were indeed broken in Airland battle being a 1-point fast transport, permitting to flood cities with infantry like soviet in Stalingrad.
Now in red dragon they cost 5 and are only 1 card available for either Recon of Command infantry.

We got plenty of 5 point tracked APC that are slower and minimum 10-point wheeled APC that are faster but cost more, Motorized deck doesn’t have any very low-cost transport.

So, I was thinking we can give a chance to transport trucks:
-It will give access to motorized deck for some nation.
-Faster than 5 point tracked APC but unarmed and no Armor.
-Transports trucks for every infantry unit: 7 cards available (enough to go full trucks in a danish motorized deck if someone wanted)
-More possibilities/diversity of motorized deck with cheap 5-point transport truck and 10-point armoured transport.
-Possibilities to transport Command infantry AND recon infantry in truck
-Fast cheap transport for support units like MANPAD, ATGM, FIST Team (No more need of a )

So the TL;DR basically is: Bring back truck transports for all infantry?

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Sat 25 Nov 2017 20:26

throwaway wrote:Regarding su-27m, every deck with ASF can counter it. The veterancy was dropped to help with that. It also dies to AA. It is powerful but it's hardly uncounterable. If it has to get nerfed I'd definitely opt to put it at hardened or even trained if you have to, but I'd hate to see it turned into a normal AT plane, USSR already has a dozen of those or so.

Honestly, I am fine with the Su-27M retaining R-77s when it goes down to trained.

I know there's justified PTSD about it, but it will be a lot more expensive, trained accuracy is a lot lower, and you won't be able to pair them up if you go for the usable veterancy. I could be wrong, it is nasty seeing those evac from 7km and the inaccurate missiles may not be enough to offset that, but I think they will be.

No more ripple fire please. Still having interceptors doing that is enough.

Maglans, Gornos and Swedish RR infantry.

I honestly don't see the problem with the Swedish guys. So many options to deal with them even when they get a buff to 16AP. Same applies for Gornos '90 in ground transport. Yes, they will be a pretty good units, but hardly problematic when you have mortars and some cheaper tanks ready to support.

Regarding Maglans I am with you. They would still be very (too?) effective and harder to deal with on 1575m range. What we could do is to go even further and reduce their Spike to Erxy range. They should get a price and strength buff in that case and could remain recon.

nuke92
Lieutenant

Postby nuke92 » Sat 25 Nov 2017 20:30

keldon wrote:I remember eugen hinted at stuff that will be gradually put into the game, like updated F-15 model using the one done in the ISR DLC, what happened to that? I mean from that reddit thread it just turned to "we are done now with RD, and also we hate you guys".

Shenanigans happened...
New models instead of reskins + model overhaul someday.
Delete SovKor, improve Red Dragons + a surprise soon.
One (last) update topic with zero hints that WG is over.
-> abandon ship and jump into floatie in rough sea.

Mind you they are two years ahead of us...
"Spike MR is more accurate I'll give you that but Konkurs has more range and isn't prototype" - Warchat™ July 2017
"ALB added planes, RD added ships, WG4 will add Ekranoplans" - Warchat™ August 2017

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”