The Time has come for a Community Patch

captaincarnage
Major

Re: The Time has come for a Community Patch

Postby captaincarnage » Wed 29 Nov 2017 20:54

Yakhont wrote:The reason is simple; no other track transports with that DPS and Suppression output

They have more firepower and suppression than the M113 minigun which costs 10 points and has 1 fav (which no one competent uses).
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Wed 29 Nov 2017 22:55

Yakhont wrote:
urogard wrote:Bardelas there's no reason for 10 pts.
Plenty tracked transports with 2-3 FAV for 5 pts

The reason is simple; no other track transports with that DPS and Suppression output

The Buffalo IV disagrees

And you better not try to claim Buffalo deserves 5 pts due to fuel without providing hard evidence that that stat is price-revelant in other units as well.

Fodder
First Sergeant

Postby Fodder » Thu 30 Nov 2017 01:10

urogard wrote:
Yakhont wrote:

The reason is simple; no other track transports with that DPS and Suppression output

The Buffalo IV disagrees

And you better not try to claim Buffalo deserves 5 pts due to fuel without providing hard evidence that that stat is price-revelant in other units as well.

But the buffalo 4 has less fuel and is half the speed of a m113.

I say buff zeldas to 3 armor and raise price to 10pts because zelda can withstand 14.5mm machine
Last edited by Fodder on Thu 30 Nov 2017 08:25, edited 2 times in total.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Thu 30 Nov 2017 01:13

Fodder wrote:I say buff zeldas to 3 armor and raise price to 10pts because zelda can with stand 12.7mm machine

Half of that already is on my list posted earlier, the other half could be an interesting addition. :P

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Thu 30 Nov 2017 01:43

Fodder wrote:
urogard wrote:The Buffalo IV disagrees

But the buffalo 4 has less fuel and is half the speed of a m113.

Your screen seems to have some defects which made you miss the important part. Because there's no way I warn in advance not to bring up fuel without showing that fuel affects price only for someone to bring up fuel without providing any evidence to that effect, nobody's attention span is that short.

I went ahead and highlighted that part of my post which you missed for your convenience.
You can just name units or post screenshots of stat cards, whichever one is easier for you.
But also don't forget to explain the units which have fuel and speeds which contradict your claim

So you're naming off-road speed and fuel. I'll be waiting for unit comparisons on those two stats then.
Until then, the Buffalo IV Bardelas has no reason to get price nerfed to 10 pts.

damoj
Sergeant Major

Postby damoj » Thu 30 Nov 2017 06:13

Digression: 2AV/3AV needs to be carefully looked at in future. I find it hard to believe that a M551 TTS has somewhat less armour than an M113A3

Yakhont
Colonel

Postby Yakhont » Thu 30 Nov 2017 08:10

urogard wrote:
Yakhont wrote:

The Buffalo IV disagrees

I have a better idea; make the Buffalo available to Israel at 5 or 10 points, with the Bardelas and Zelda being 5 points more.

damoj wrote:Digression: 2AV/3AV needs to be carefully looked at in future. I find it hard to believe that a M551 TTS has somewhat less armour than an M113A3

This is the hard part. Ideally everything needs to be put an a big Excel sheet then sorted out throughly. For now I myself will focus on price changes only following the maxim of as few changes as possible.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Thu 30 Nov 2017 08:53

damoj wrote:Digression: 2AV/3AV needs to be carefully looked at in future. I find it hard to believe that a M551 TTS has somewhat less armour than an M113A3

M551 had much the same amour components and thickness of the M113.
Last edited by Grabbed_by_the_Spets on Thu 30 Nov 2017 10:04, edited 1 time in total.

Fodder
First Sergeant

Postby Fodder » Thu 30 Nov 2017 09:05

damoj wrote:2AV/3AV

m551 Sheridan should get 3AV too because in can withstand 14.5mm rounds, even if tanks and IFV are balance differently.

NATO General wrote:Hello! :)
I want trucks back too! If not then maybe just for all reserves.

HrcAk47 wrote: Actually, go right ahead. I am all for stripping everybody of protos and memes with a fixed late Cold war deadline (1989-1991). Let's see what happens.
Not a bad idea... guna miss that challenager 2 tho but are u okay with USA and USSR being the only top dogs?

To Everyone Suggesting Their Patch Be Implemented wrote:...
But muh realism and muh doctrine
Last edited by Fodder on Fri 1 Dec 2017 19:52, edited 4 times in total.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Thu 30 Nov 2017 10:03

Yakhont wrote:
urogard wrote:And you better not try to claim Buffalo deserves 5 pts due to fuel without providing hard evidence that that stat is price-revelant in other units as well.

I have a better idea; make the Buffalo available to Israel at 5 or 10 points, with the Bardelas and Zelda being 5 points more.

Oh noes, Israel has a good DPS transport that can be one-shot by even the most shitty Redfor RPG. What a horror.

With Zelda going to 10 points, Bardelas is a viable alternative and Zelda is no longer a no-brainer. Bardelas is easily countered by any infantry squad in the game, for the added bonus of more armor + DPS, you pay more. Looks balanced to me.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”