Postby ZaQQQ » Sat 11 Nov 2017 19:09

Hey Eugenes, is sugj alive at all?
because that temakilling scum in WRD is out of control

urogard
Colonel

Re: Is ban system dead?

Postby urogard » Sat 11 Nov 2017 22:25

bans only apply to individual servers.
there never was a ban system in place that would apply to all hosted servers.

what doesn't exist can never die

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Sat 11 Nov 2017 22:27

Guess he is talking about the weekly visits by Eugen team members to look at reports and hand out penalties. They even informed us about how many players were banned iirc.

urogard
Colonel

Postby urogard » Sun 12 Nov 2017 00:06

Markenzwieback wrote:Guess he is talking about the weekly visits by Eugen team members to look at reports and hand out penalties. They even informed us about how many players were banned iirc.

But those only applied to the dozen or so 10v10 eugen servers, anything not hosted on those servers was irrelevant as far as these reports were concerned AFAIK.

Shifu
Lieutenant General

Postby Shifu » Sun 12 Nov 2017 13:11

The general policy is that name lists will not be published as you simply can change your nickname at your will (note, bans are not based on names, but your ID).
As urogard said, bans are only handed out when the misdeed was committed on official servers (i.e. not on community hosted servers) as Eugen has the possibility to verify the integrity of the replays for those. Community servers are managed by the respective administrators/owner.

Unfortunately, I don't think Eugen publicly documents in a consistent manner whether a player was banned or how many players were banned. A few Eugen employees (used to) do so, but it doesn't seem like a compulsory policy. However, Eugen confirmed to me in September that they still do read the reports (when the issue came up for some reason).
I'm currently running short on time. Hence, it takes some time until I respond. In urgent cases, consider contacting another mod.
Forum rules | A Forum's guide. | Tech Support Posting instructions & Tech FAQ