General

Re: Type 69 RPG series are overmodeled

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 8 Jan 2018 21:18

Walk your rounds?

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Mon 8 Jan 2018 21:26

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:Walk your rounds?

Guestimate your range and fire at the target. Your rounds will most likely miss and you will have to adjust the elevation of the gun "on the fly" while firing. Hence your rounds (aka impacts) will walk up into the target, where you want them to be. At least that's how I would explain it.

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Tue 9 Jan 2018 11:31

Fade2Gray wrote:
urogard wrote:
molnibalage wrote:Same discrepancy is true for MG. On vehicles they have very, very low base ACC comp. to infantry weapons...

It goes even further ... infantry has better MG accuracy while on the move than a vehicle MG while standing still.

In all seriousness, a Ma Deuce on a pintle mount isn't exactly very good for accurate fire, and you end up having to walk your rounds in more than anything else. That being said, I'm not exactly sure how the abstraction of infantry movement is supposed to be but being more accurate than a pintle mounted machine gun does seem a bit off.

VCG-001 USS Spain wrote:
urogard wrote:
molnibalage wrote:Same discrepancy is true for MG. On vehicles they have very, very low base ACC comp. to infantry weapons...

It goes even further ... infantry has better MG accuracy while on the move than a vehicle MG while standing still.

Absolute insanity. Also, where did 652 rpm come from? I know it's a balance number, but I don't think I've ever heard of what it's based on. It's not a nice even number like 600rpm either, so it had to come from somewhere.

I have stopped playing with WG even with ALB. To me WG reached its end of life spam. ALB lack playerbase and some good upgrades of RD. (No 1 CP truck spam, LOG chain, etc.), but DB and playebase of WG fucked up everyting. Insane base ACC values, way too OP and overbuffed units, the core engine is too old and is not suitable to modell well. After years are lots of points and modelnig aspects which should be changed in nex WG...

If ever be a new WG...

(To me StDV is a crap. I gave up playing it only after 10 hours.)

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Tue 9 Jan 2018 18:47

molnibalage wrote:(To me StDV is a crap. I gave up playing it only after 10 hours.)

I gave up deciding never to buy it after watching less than 2 hours of youtube videos knowing I dislike deck system and core mechanics.