Community Balance Patch

Narcissistic Black
Major

Re: Community Balance Patch

Postby Narcissistic Black » Sat 27 Jan 2018 20:38

high_melanin wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:I don't know why everyone is complaining about maglan..

Make Spikes MR and LR F&F with a 5 Second aim time (if 5 sec's is to long make it 4). problem solved.

what does this do..
1. Keeps Maglan as a unique unit. (moving to infantry tab would do to ATGM teams what SAS and LSTR does for manpaad teams) (also keeping it in recon lowers the amount of maglan we'll see)
2. Makes the other SPIKE ATGM teams unique compared to stuff like milan and konkurs.
3. Counterable either throw down smoke or stick to the trees & it will make them bad at something giving them a weakness.
4. only real advantage it will have is ambushing vehicles and tanks.

Was that so hard?

You don't play much, do you?

Great argument.

Vobule wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:I don't know why everyone is complaining about maglan..

Make Spikes MR and LR F&F with a 5 Second aim time (if 5 sec's is to long make it 4). problem solved.

what does this do..
1. Keeps Maglan as a unique unit. (moving to infantry tab would do to ATGM teams what SAS and LSTR does for manpaad teams) (also keeping it in recon lowers the amount of maglan we'll see)
2. Makes the other SPIKE ATGM teams unique compared to stuff like milan and konkurs.
3. Counterable either throw down smoke or stick to the trees & it will make them bad at something giving them a weakness.
4. only real advantage it will have is ambushing vehicles and tanks.

Was that so hard?

Just sideshot it !

When all you do is being edgy on warchat and playing 10v10 on Mud Fight, you don't speak about game balance. Go back under your rock.

Why do I feel like you're mistaking me for Narcissistic yellow?
The First Narcissist
Click signature to see Modification, Alpha Released. Try now.

high_melanin
Sergeant

Postby high_melanin » Sat 27 Jan 2018 21:22

Narcissistic Black wrote:Great argument.

The argument is literally a couple of pages back. did you read?

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Sat 27 Jan 2018 22:59

high_melanin wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:Great argument.

The argument is literally a couple of pages back. did you read?

Excuse my wording choice, I didn't mean to say it like " whats wrong with the unit" I know the issue it causes.

The issue is I keep seeing comments like put it in the infantry tab or make it 2 men which I view as problematic issues in there own. by moving to the infantry tab it's price would be only 10+ more than the current SPIKE ATGM team while having more availability because Commandos come at 0/0/0/8/6 ( this isn't counting the availability bonus which jumps it to 0/0/0/9/7), more health (10men),speed (30km/h) and I believe a vet accuracy bonus, and would be capable of totally dropping most infantry that come to kill it because you know how commandos are. Only negative would be you lost 175 range and its 10 points more. this unit would completely over shadow the Current ATGM Spike team as the benefits it provides aren't good enough to warrant a pick over maglan if they were commandos.

As for the 2 man Idea you'd have to buff stealth to exceptional. which I feel isn't a step in the right direction considering everyone and their brother complained that they we're this stealthy ATGM team of Doom when they first came out.

So I proposed my Idea.

Make Spikes MR and LR F&F with a 5 Second aim time (if 5 sec's is to long make it 4).

1. Keeps Maglan as a unique unit.

2. Makes the other SPIKE ATGM unique among a sea of other ATGM infantry.

3. It's Counterable - If you throw down smoke they're ATGM becomes mostly useless as it will take to long to lock and by that time you've got in range,unpacked your infantry,ect point is it gave you time makes them only useful if they enemy team didn't bring smoke to play which is a weakness ATGM teams already have so it's not a big deal for the Spike Team. I'd also like to point out that Grenade launchers vehicles will now chew through them as they wont have to worry about first shot on target.

4. only real advantage it will have is ambushing vehicles and tanks which is what SF are suppose to be doing well that an hunting CV's

EDIT:
I'm trying to suggest something that would make the weapon more authentic to it's real life counterpart.This,This and This All State the missile is F&F IRL so it should be reflected in game.

And to be honest I skimmed through the last 5 pages, Sorry.
Last edited by Narcissistic Black on Sun 28 Jan 2018 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
The First Narcissist

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 28 Jan 2018 18:18

Narcissistic Black wrote:Make Spikes MR and LR F&F with a 5 Second aim time (if 5 sec's is to long make it 4).

Funny, and I'm worried it wouldn't be long enough.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Vobule
Corporal

Postby Vobule » Sun 28 Jan 2018 23:49

Or you know, you can make Spike-MR a clone of the Metys-M with an infantry tab Maglan. And it removes their cheap truck transport, while giving Shayetet 13 a bit more choices to be something else than "the guys that comes with a Nimrod (another bullshit unit)". FBM kinda did this btw.
Or you can remove it for another weapon: Keep them anti-tank with a B300 or a Siphon (like the date of introduction matters anymore). Or make them dirt cheap with M72 LAW or M47 Dragon (keeping the missile flavor).
Or go for a Stinger, helping ISR ground AA capabilities.

But no, Fire and Forget on a recon squad AT, with the only justification that you need to smoke every single cover to make sure no missile will come to utterly kill you no matter what while the Maglan goes away. The (((balance))) is in good hands...

high_melanin
Sergeant

Postby high_melanin » Mon 29 Jan 2018 00:11

Narcissistic Black wrote:I'm trying to suggest something that would make the weapon more authentic

Again, do you play the game?

Narcissistic Black wrote:All State the missile is F&F IRL so it should be reflected in game.

Because the F&F mechanic of the game is a 10/10 real life simulation right?

Narcissistic Black
Major

Postby Narcissistic Black » Mon 29 Jan 2018 03:24

high_melanin wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:I'm trying to suggest something that would make the weapon more authentic

Again, do you play the game?

You know you keep saying that and I'm not really hearing anything constructive.

Narcissistic Black wrote:All State the missile is F&F IRL so it should be reflected in game.

Because the F&F mechanic of the game is a 10/10 real life simulation right?

I'm not sure what more is needed to be more authentic? The unit aims and it fires what more is wanted?
The First Narcissist

high_melanin
Sergeant

Postby high_melanin » Mon 29 Jan 2018 11:14

Narcissistic Black wrote:You know you keep saying that and I'm not really hearing anything constructive.

Here something constructive. What you write doesn't make sense, the only reason I can think of is you don't understand how the game works.

Narcissistic Black wrote:I'm not sure what more is needed to be more authentic? The unit aims and it fires what more is wanted?

I don't know how F&F systems work in real life but I doubt missiles can follow a target inside a deep forest dodging trees or automagically track the target after losing LoS 2km away.

urogard
Brigadier

Postby urogard » Mon 29 Jan 2018 14:30

high_melanin wrote:
Narcissistic Black wrote:I'm not sure what more is needed to be more authentic? The unit aims and it fires what more is wanted?

I don't know how F&F systems work in real life but I doubt missiles can follow a target inside a deep forest dodging trees or automagically track the target after losing LoS 2km away.

Don't forget the building-piercing SEAD missiles that exist in RD.

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Mon 29 Jan 2018 14:33

high_melanin wrote:

I do know how F&F systems work in real life and that isn't it. Here's how you make Spike 'authentic' though:

-Grant Spike-MR/LR [F&F] tag
-Remove PstOhj 94, OOTF
-Remove Dorban LR, Spike didn't enter service with non Special Forces units until after 1991
-Remove Maglan, they're not recon SF in real life and they used MAPATS instead of Spike
-Change Spike NLOS to [MCLOS] because you have to manually fly the missile for some distance before locking it on to an enemy unit so the weapon it is most similar to in game is the TV Martel on the Jaguar GR.1A

Enjoy your authenticity.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”