Community Balance Patch

Fade2Gray
General

Re: Community Balance Patch

Postby Fade2Gray » Sat 17 Mar 2018 22:51

Is there any chance of a ground of top players organizing to do this community patch? I remember the old Steam Wargame Generals group before it went defunk. It was a pleasure to lurk on because the discussions were always thoughtful, on point, and without any serious arguing or trolling. I'd be thrilled if something like that popped up again.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Sun 18 Mar 2018 17:08

Fade2Gray wrote:Is there any chance of a ground of top players organizing to do this community patch? I remember the old Steam Wargame Generals group before it went defunk. It was a pleasure to lurk on because the discussions were always thoughtful, on point, and without any serious arguing or trolling. I'd be thrilled if something like that popped up again.

Yes, that would be a possibility. Perhaps if we got Faust and Razzmann to spearhead it and take input from all of the top players. Perhaps in addition to patching the really unbalanced stuff they could improve the Dragons to make the game mostly balanced between all factions.

Perhaps nobody would play it.
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

M4jor
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby M4jor » Mon 19 Mar 2018 15:11

FrangibleCover wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:Is there any chance of a ground of top players organizing to do this community patch? I remember the old Steam Wargame Generals group before it went defunk. It was a pleasure to lurk on because the discussions were always thoughtful, on point, and without any serious arguing or trolling. I'd be thrilled if something like that popped up again.

Yes, that would be a possibility. Perhaps if we got Faust and Razzmann to spearhead it and take input from all of the top players. Perhaps in addition to patching the really unbalanced stuff they could improve the Dragons to make the game mostly balanced between all factions.

Top players? Who is that? And who cares for them? They are not top players because they are good game designers.

Wargame would require a patch that allows 10vs10 to work better like it is played at the moment.
And another patch that balances conquest but leaves 10vs10 alone. So you all see the problem. You cannot balance conquest and 10vs10 at the same time.
But given that 10vs10 is basically the only game mode left in Red Dragon I think the choice would be clear :)

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Mon 19 Mar 2018 16:15

M4jor wrote:top players? Who is that? And who cares for them? They are not top players because they are good game designers.

For a moment I was trying to remember who you were, and then...

M4jor wrote:10vs10

suddenly it became clear to me. Hello again 10v10 is the only serious game mode troll/shitposter. How have you been?
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Fodder
Sergeant Major

Postby Fodder » Tue 20 Mar 2018 01:32

FrangibleCover wrote:Yes, that would be a possibility. Perhaps if we got Faust and Razzmann to spearhead it and take input from all of the top players. Perhaps in addition to patching the really unbalanced stuff they could improve the Dragons to make the game mostly balanced between all factions.

I think the problem was because not every1 agree with the changes. (SU-25T)
I'll play it again if there was more realism.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Tue 20 Mar 2018 16:41

Sleksa STILL needs to get a Spurdo mod published :evil: :evil: :evil:

high_melanin
Sergeant

Postby high_melanin » Tue 20 Mar 2018 16:55

Fodder wrote:I'll play it again if there was more realism.

2AV is very realistic.

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Tue 20 Mar 2018 17:02

high_melanin wrote:
Fodder wrote:I'll play it again if there was more realism.

2AV is very realistic.

An Su-25T tanking two Hawk missiles and not dying isn't though.

Fodder
Sergeant Major

Postby Fodder » Tue 20 Mar 2018 17:21

Markenzwieback wrote:An Su-25T tanking two Hawk missiles and not dying isn't though.

I agree, i remember someone's solution was to give 15HP to a-10 and su25t but make them 1AV all around.

also im not asking for complete realism because that would be impossible but just more of it while keeping the semi realistic game feel eugen made.
Last edited by Fodder on Tue 20 Mar 2018 19:18, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”