Future DLC’s for Wargame Red Dragon

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Future DLC’s for Wargame Red Dragon

Postby Mike » Thu 14 Jun 2018 21:08

Mister Maf wrote:
military nerd wrote: I think the game is the best and there are no ones like it, I start play from Wargame: European Escalation.
but our problem is not lacking countries its the timeline and stuff in them, anything in the game is limited to 1995-6 no further, for example, I like to see the F-22 raptor in the game.LAV-AD, Stryker, MRAP vehicles, M1A2 SEP V3, Leopard 2A7, Puma IFV and so much more advanced military things they used today.

Technically the F-22 is arguably in-timeframe but it would be really shitty to play against an air superiority fighter with exceptional stealth. The whole point of the game is that it's set in an alternate history Cold War and Red Dragon is already really pushing it in that respect as it is. The things that you (and many, many, many, many, gods you could have used the search function, others before you) have asked for are for a different game that completely discards the 20th-century legacy tech.

The YF-22 is definitely inside the timeframe. and many people thought the LAV-AD was going to be added and it turned out to be the Patriot. However, I think an advanced F-15C with AIM-120Bs would've been better for the game. There were a lot of smaller things they could've added, like the LAV-AD to flesh out the USA more without going into fantasy land like that happened with some nations.

Also, never major in English, military nerd. :lol: But the modern stuff being added would require a whole other game, which we really aren't likely to see at the moment.
Courtesy of KattiValk

James-Bond
Master Sergeant

Postby James-Bond » Fri 15 Jun 2018 04:06

Did I read correctly somewhere (no source) that Eugen aren't allowed to work on Wargame currently?

Do you think a modern Wargame, would likely go down the route of you can choose any miltary equipment so you could mix, not red or blue.
Not sure how 'bonuses' would work.
But an example off the top of my head would be:
If you select X cards (or %) you get a bonus specifcally for units of that nationality selected.

Slighly off topic
But how come different variants of Wiesel were left out? (OOTF?)
Seems It would compliment West-Germany nicely.
Shared chassis so not much extra work for modellers
- AA (Stinger)
- Mortar
- Recon
Lazy source:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiesel_AWC

Bougnas
Major-General

Postby Bougnas » Sat 16 Jun 2018 11:24

James-Bond wrote:Did I read correctly somewhere (no source) that Eugen aren't allowed to work on Wargame currently?

Do you think a modern Wargame, would likely go down the route of you can choose any miltary equipment so you could mix, not red or blue.
Not sure how 'bonuses' would work.
But an example off the top of my head would be:
If you select X cards (or %) you get a bonus specifcally for units of that nationality selected.

Slighly off topic
But how come different variants of Wiesel were left out? (OOTF?)
Seems It would compliment West-Germany nicely.
Shared chassis so not much extra work for modellers
- AA (Stinger)
- Mortar
- Recon
Lazy source:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiesel_AWC

Wiesel 2 is indeed OOTF. Which is unfortunate since the Germans wanted the whole concept back in 1975 and got it in...1989.

Eiya
Sergeant

Postby Eiya » Sat 30 Jun 2018 04:26

Do wish to see more DLC, fingers crossed for that but not really expecting much...

Agree with some points noted in posts here, about community voting not being the best idea* + nations do not have to be superb 1v1 machines to be added

imo as Red Dragon was supposed to be focused on Asia, the developers should have focused on adding more Asian nations. The ROC (Taiwan), Vietnam, India would all be good to okay additions and add a lot into the setting, also open up a lot more campaign possibilities etc.

Not against Western nations from being added, but I feel there should have been some prioritization and emphasis given to Asian nations for RD on the developer's part.

*Considering the WG community is mainly comprised of Western players, voting would inherently be tilted in favor of adding Western nations and/or nations that are 'popular' in said region, and that causes all other options to not receive that much consideration or votes. Coupled with stereotypical views and the 'trending' line of thought of powerful / unique nations should only be added, I don't think I need to say more on how that's not exactly optimal

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Sat 30 Jun 2018 15:36

Eiya wrote:Do wish to see more DLC, fingers crossed for that but not really expecting much...

Agree with some points noted in posts here, about community voting not being the best idea* + nations do not have to be superb 1v1 machines to be added

imo as Red Dragon was supposed to be focused on Asia, the developers should have focused on adding more Asian nations. The ROC (Taiwan), Vietnam, India would all be good to okay additions and add a lot into the setting, also open up a lot more campaign possibilities etc.

Not against Western nations from being added, but I feel there should have been some prioritization and emphasis given to Asian nations for RD on the developer's part.

*Considering the WG community is mainly comprised of Western players, voting would inherently be tilted in favor of adding Western nations and/or nations that are 'popular' in said region, and that causes all other options to not receive that much consideration or votes. Coupled with stereotypical views and the 'trending' line of thought of powerful / unique nations should only be added, I don't think I need to say more on how that's not exactly optimal

Adding new nations won't add anyting new because most of thei capabilty and eq. would be redundant. As long as the most basic errors in game and DB are not fixed I have no idea why so many ppl wish DLC.

Arty modeling is crap considering aim time ACC and their non range dependent CEP. Best artys have less CEP at max range (in fact at all ranges) then PGM from AC while in RL the distance CEP of arty is about 5 times higher than low level bombing...

Aircraft turn rates, speeds and loadouts are totally inconsistent. Supersonic fighters hagve 750 km/h as the subsonic A-6...
Tank base acc values are way too high...

The AP and AV difference is way too big between top tier and rest of tanks...

Are tons of fantasy units with fantasy modeling values. For ex. Neva should not be even ingame.

And the list goes on...

military nerd
Private

Postby military nerd » Thu 5 Jul 2018 02:19

although this is the best real time strategy game you can find out there(trust me i play lots of game) but i agree with molnibalage beside the inconsistent of jet fighter speed,there is heavy list of flaws i only mention couple of them:
1-north korean t-90s which is not actually a t-90 have same front armor and even 1 extra lair in sides compare to nato modern tanks in that time like m1a2 abrams or challenger2 or leopard 2 a-5 which is not correct at all,we all know russian tanks heavily rely on their ERA to defeat threats than have good armor alone to defeat the threats,from one hand is cheaper and easily replace during the battle and make the tanks lighter but from other hand its 1 time use and in heat of battle if its fails to do its job or hitting a same spot those tank crew are doomed,anyway move on.
2-the concept of AP power and HE power are not true and need to working on it.
3-game have so many bugs need to fix:one time i fire 4 hellfire missile to take out a t-80 cant remember the version,how much armor it have? lol
a m2a3 bradly in direct line of sight with 350 meters of a BTR 80 i fire 7 missiles but each of them failed to hit the APC,did BTR have missile jammer or active protection system which we dont know of,how the crew missed such obvious target in that close range.

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Sun 8 Jul 2018 22:08

Eiya wrote:Do wish to see more DLC, fingers crossed for that but not really expecting much...

Only India would be worth a damn and two of the three voted nations added were in Eastern Europe.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Fodder
Sergeant Major

Postby Fodder » Wed 11 Jul 2018 03:54

Eiya wrote: ROC (Taiwan), Vietnam, India
I'm sorry but those nations have no indigenous vehicles, and if they were to be added Eugen would just be making the same models over again, sorry. The only nations left that can bring flavor is Italy, and maybe SADF. But then again 2 or 3 new units isn't worth the effort.

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=14652&hilit=madmat&start=210#p156988

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=43440#p536710

Devs don't like Finland haha :lol:
viewtopic.php?t=44782&start=530#p934196

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=14652&start=70#p91431

FrangibleCover
Lieutenant

Postby FrangibleCover » Wed 11 Jul 2018 15:13

India has enough indigenous kit and enough of a mix between Western and Eastern stuff to be interesting. It'd be the only nation on REDFOR with Battle Rifle line infantry, for example. Vietnam isn't in the best place, although their operation of some South Vietnamese assets is sort of fun. Taiwan has a good amount of their own stuff, roughly as much as South Korea except slightly worse. In terms of other Asian states, Thailand is promising as a junior coalition partner and Malaysia and Singapore both have some very interesting capabilities they can provide to Commonwealth. Who fancies a V-150 90mm as a transport? How about finally getting I-HAWK?
What if Wargame stuck to timeframe?

Eiya
Sergeant

Postby Eiya » Sat 14 Jul 2018 17:49

Mike wrote:Only India would be worth a damn and two of the three voted nations added were in Eastern Europe.

Fodder wrote:I'm sorry but those nations have no indigenous vehicles, and if they were to be added Eugen would just be making the same models over again, sorry. The only nations left that can bring flavor is Italy, and maybe SADF. But then again 2 or 3 new units isn't worth the effort.

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=14652&hilit=madmat&start=210#p156988

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=43440#p536710

Devs don't like Finland haha :lol:
viewtopic.php?t=44782&start=530#p934196

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=14652&start=70#p91431

Well I could say lots of things about this but these pretty much prove my points noted in the previous post. Plus I've already said plenty before. (Campaign potential, rosters not being as generic as you think etc.)

I would rather see the 'right' (sensible, fitting) nations in instead of only focusing on muh unique vehicles, the ROC, Vietnam, India and a bunch of other Asian nations could have added way more to RD than the Netherlands, Israel and/or Yugoslavia. Not saying those can't be added, but there should have been more prioritization and emphasis put onto Asia instead for RD.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”