Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby Mike » Sun 2 Feb 2020 11:13

seluzerkharix wrote:
Nerdfish wrote:Heard Eugen had some money trouble with strikes and all, so I am going to contribute productively by coming up with a solution.

Having played some total war arena (10 v 10 RTT), I realized Eugen already have a working 10 V 10 RTT game in RD. They just need to join wargaming alliance (creative assembly and wargaming), and hand the matchmaking and money making to the WOT people, who's basically rolling in beds of gold. This Kills two birds with one stone, first it eliminates the teamstacking / matchmaking issue persistent in WG series, and make a ton of money to pay their interns.

The setup can be the same as Arena. You join the game with a deck and the highest tier unit in the deck determines your MM Tier. Since Category already exist in WG, it could be turned into (approx) 5 year (tiers) with tier I at 1960 and tier X at 2100. Prototypes turns into premium units and there's your endless cashcow. You can even do limited time sales with ATACMS.

Of course some people are going to hate you for it, but people will hate you anyway :lol: .
I think one of the big problems that Eugen continues to face, administratively, is a serious deficit in 'soft skills'. It seems like the studio was just never very interested in investing in the non-tech side of things – writing, artists, voice acting, community support and moderation, etc. I suspect that the mentality was something along the lines of 'We don't need professional story writers; we can just get one of our engineers to do it!'

I believe SD2 has at least modding tools, so there's that.
Courtesy of KattiValk

Ddraig
Private First-Class

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby Ddraig » Mon 17 Feb 2020 08:21

seluzerkharix wrote:[...]I think one of the big problems that Eugen continues to face, administratively, is a serious deficit in 'soft skills'. It seems like the studio was just never very interested in investing in the non-tech side of things – writing, artists, voice acting, community support and moderation, etc. I suspect that the mentality was something along the lines of 'We don't need professional story writers; we can just get one of our engineers to do it!'

That seems to be a common theme among RTS games/devs (maybe strategy games in general? I don't play turn based really) rather than specific to Eugen

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”