Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Steamfunk
Lieutenant

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby Steamfunk » Fri 16 Mar 2018 06:30

The single-player campaigns in RD are a good example of what results from this kind of approach – photoshopped 2-D artwork, poorly edited and translated text, and an overall sub-par experience. This is to say nothing of AoA, which apparently fell flat on all accounts.

Obviously times have changed since I started playing RTS games but I still think the campaign is the way to get new players on board. Just make up a series of expansions set some time between 1945 and now, each campaign should be a standalone. I agree with Markenzweiback about F2P, it just isn't my sirt of thing. I'd be fine paying for a campaign pack if it came with maps and so on, just have a different setup for multiplayer. The more I think of it the more it makes sense, but like Boris Yeltsin I'm tired and emotional right now.

Nerdfish
Major

Postby Nerdfish » Fri 16 Mar 2018 13:22

Steamfunk wrote:
The single-player campaigns in RD are a good example of what results from this kind of approach – photoshopped 2-D artwork, poorly edited and translated text, and an overall sub-par experience. This is to say nothing of AoA, which apparently fell flat on all accounts.

Obviously times have changed since I started playing RTS games but I still think the campaign is the way to get new players on board. Just make up a series of expansions set some time between 1945 and now, each campaign should be a standalone. I agree with Markenzweiback about F2P, it just isn't my sirt of thing. I'd be fine paying for a campaign pack if it came with maps and so on, just have a different setup for multiplayer. The more I think of it the more it makes sense, but like Boris Yeltsin I'm tired and emotional right now.

A F2P arena type of game would be a split of the franchise, just like total war arena isn't a part of Total war Series (the next total war is 3 kingdoms). It's aimed at a different market and Eugen's technical expertise would really shrine. The lack of soft skill is less of a problem for a pure multiplayer game like that.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sat 17 Mar 2018 06:56

jhfts wrote:The single-player campaigns in RD are a good example of what results from this kind of approach – photoshopped 2-D artwork, poorly edited and translated text, and an overall sub-par experience. This is to say nothing of AoA, which apparently fell flat on all accounts.

The biggest disaster of RD was the horrible tutorial. EE had a half decent "tutorial campaign" that helped ease players into the game. You needed more information to really be able to go online and play half decent, but it was enough to get the ball rolling. With ALB and RD I never looked at the tutorials because, well... I didn't need to as a veteran of EE. While talking to Razzmann about the tutorial videos he made, he pointed out what a mess the tutorials videos EUGEN included were.

I was sitting here thinking, wait a minute, tutorial videos??

I watched a couple of them, and all I could do was sigh. This should be a perfect example of how NOT to do a tutorial for a game, especially for a RTS game. I can only imagine how many new players get frustrated with such a setup. A tutorial campaign should be the standard fare for any RTS.

Nerdfish wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:
Markenzwieback wrote:Honestly though, the second Eugen would work together with Wargaming, I'd be out for good. No need to push the "free" to play genre into the Wargame series, it would just ruin the genre.

Are you honestly taking his shitposting seriously?

Are you honestly going to make an offtopic comment on every one of my post ? :lol:

Looks like I triggered Poptart so bad he forgot to ignore me again. :roll:
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Mike
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mike » Mon 19 Mar 2018 12:34

The tutorial for RD was slideshows :x
Courtesy of KattiValk

M4jor
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby M4jor » Mon 19 Mar 2018 15:06

Nerdfish wrote:Heard Eugen had some money trouble with strikes and all, so I am going to contribute productively by coming up with a solution.

Having played some total war arena (10 v 10 RTT), I realized Eugen already have a working 10 V 10 RTT game in RD. They just need to join wargaming alliance (creative assembly and wargaming), and hand the matchmaking and money making to the WOT people, who's basically rolling in beds of gold. This Kills two birds with one stone, first it eliminates the teamstacking / matchmaking issue persistent in WG series, and make a ton of money to pay their interns.

The setup can be the same as Arena. You join the game with a deck and the highest tier unit in the deck determines your MM Tier. Since Category already exist in WG, it could be turned into (approx) 5 year (tiers) with tier I at 1960 and tier X at 2100. Prototypes turns into premium units and there's your endless cashcow. You can even do limited time sales with ATACMS.

Of course some people are going to hate you for it, but people will hate you anyway :lol: .

Problem is, EUGEN does not like 10vs10. They never supported the mode beyond making 1-2 10vs10 maps each Wargame (while only 1 map was really viable). Just see Russian Roulette. The map is basically an insult to 10vs10 community. So I would not expect much to happen from that.

EUGEN policy seems to be to support 1vs1 and 2vs3 conquest with some benefits for regular 4vs4. Too bad for EUGEN that 10vs10 is the most popular mode in Wargame for years now and is also most popular in Steel Division. But we cannot influence strategic decision making of EUGEN, so... just bury your hopes and resort to playing 1vs1 conquest ranked, hahaha.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Mon 19 Mar 2018 15:12

M4jor wrote:Too bad for EUGEN that 10vs10 is the most popular mode in Wargame for years now

Too bad that this has been disproven many times before. Not like anyone posted any kind of proof to support that claim in the first place, mind you.

M4jor
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby M4jor » Mon 19 Mar 2018 18:13

Razzmann wrote:
M4jor wrote:Too bad for EUGEN that 10vs10 is the most popular mode in Wargame for years now

Too bad that this has been disproven many times before. Not like anyone posted any kind of proof to support that claim in the first place, mind you.

So how has this been disproven? Many times? I do not know of even one time it was disproven. So please feed me with evidence for your claim :)

I just know it takes hours to get a decent game going with regular 4vs4. 10 vs 10 is just a lot faster most of the time.
Would love to do 4vs4, I did it most of the time when it was still viable. But you tend to spend more time in the lobby than playing.

Could be it is better with 1vs1 and 2vs2, but how many people still play that? Would be nice to see a statistic with how many players play which game mode proportionally.

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Mon 19 Mar 2018 23:48

M4jor wrote:So how has this been disproven? Many times? I do not know of even one time it was disproven. So please feed me with evidence for your claim :)

I just know it takes hours to get a decent game going with regular 4vs4. 10 vs 10 is just a lot faster most of the time.
Would love to do 4vs4, I did it most of the time when it was still viable. But you tend to spend more time in the lobby than playing.

Could be it is better with 1vs1 and 2vs2, but how many people still play that? Would be nice to see a statistic with how many players play which game mode proportionally.

Well, what I can tell you is that it is very easy to determine how many players are playing 10v10 as those lobbies are always visible even if they are full and/or running. For example right now (3:40 pm MDT March 19, 2018) there are 711 people online with 157 games running (note that these numbers include single player games). There are currently 11 (including full and incomplete games) 10v10 games with 192 players between them. Make of this as you will.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Nerdfish
Major

Postby Nerdfish » Tue 20 Mar 2018 00:21

M4jor wrote:
Nerdfish wrote:Heard Eugen had some money trouble with strikes and all, so I am going to contribute productively by coming up with a solution.

Having played some total war arena (10 v 10 RTT), I realized Eugen already have a working 10 V 10 RTT game in RD. They just need to join wargaming alliance (creative assembly and wargaming), and hand the matchmaking and money making to the WOT people, who's basically rolling in beds of gold. This Kills two birds with one stone, first it eliminates the teamstacking / matchmaking issue persistent in WG series, and make a ton of money to pay their interns.

The setup can be the same as Arena. You join the game with a deck and the highest tier unit in the deck determines your MM Tier. Since Category already exist in WG, it could be turned into (approx) 5 year (tiers) with tier I at 1960 and tier X at 2100. Prototypes turns into premium units and there's your endless cashcow. You can even do limited time sales with ATACMS.

Of course some people are going to hate you for it, but people will hate you anyway :lol: .

Problem is, EUGEN does not like 10vs10. They never supported the mode beyond making 1-2 10vs10 maps each Wargame (while only 1 map was really viable). Just see Russian Roulette. The map is basically an insult to 10vs10 community. So I would not expect much to happen from that.

EUGEN policy seems to be to support 1vs1 and 2vs3 conquest with some benefits for regular 4vs4. Too bad for EUGEN that 10vs10 is the most popular mode in Wargame for years now and is also most popular in Steel Division. But we cannot influence strategic decision making of EUGEN, so... just bury your hopes and resort to playing 1vs1 conquest ranked, hahaha.

That's why 10 v 10 deserves to be its own game.
If this games makes more money than the rest, Eugen would have more incentive to pay more attention to it.

Nerdfish
Major

Postby Nerdfish » Tue 20 Mar 2018 01:20

XanderTuron wrote:
M4jor wrote:So how has this been disproven? Many times? I do not know of even one time it was disproven. So please feed me with evidence for your claim :)

Well, what I can tell you is that it is very easy to determine how many players are playing 10v10 as those lobbies are always visible even if they are full and/or running. For example right now (3:40 pm MDT March 19, 2018) there are 711 people online with 157 games running (note that these numbers include single player games). There are currently 11 (including full and incomplete games) 10v10 games with 192 players between them. Make of this as you will.

711 people online does not imply they are all in games. a lot of them could be in lobby simulator or warchat.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”