Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu 10 Mar 2016 23:17
Contact:

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby XanderTuron » Tue 20 Mar 2018 01:25

Nerdfish wrote:711 people online does not imply they are all in games. a lot of them could be in lobby simulator or warchat.


If I am not mistaken, 711 people online refers to everybody who is logged into Wargame: Red Dragon and I was not intending to state that they were all in games.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Nerdfish
Major
Posts: 1900
Joined: Thu 26 Jan 2012 22:12
Contact:

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby Nerdfish » Wed 21 Mar 2018 04:24

XanderTuron wrote:
Nerdfish wrote:711 people online does not imply they are all in games. a lot of them could be in lobby simulator or warchat.


If I am not mistaken, 711 people online refers to everybody who is logged into Wargame: Red Dragon and I was not intending to state that they were all in games.


That's what I meant, substantial fraction of people could be playing 10 v 10. Potentially more than other modes.
Since we know there is a market, there isn't anything wrong with Eugen capitalizing on it. It's a lot of potential profit for not a lot of effort because most of the assets are already there. They could recover from SD by doing this and work on the next wargame.

ppd401
Corporal
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri 16 Feb 2018 01:49
Contact:

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby ppd401 » Wed 21 Mar 2018 05:07

Why can't wargame have a WR matchmaking system like dota? It will curb elitism and ubiquitous unbalanced teams. Of course it would be optional for the lobby.

I personally think Wargame RD should be promoted as an Esports game because it has the potential of breaking the mainstream paradigm of basebuilding RTSs like Starcraft.

Nerdfish
Major
Posts: 1900
Joined: Thu 26 Jan 2012 22:12
Contact:

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby Nerdfish » Wed 21 Mar 2018 06:39

ppd401 wrote:Why can't wargame have a WR matchmaking system like dota? It will curb elitism and ubiquitous unbalanced teams. Of course it would be optional for the lobby.

I personally think Wargame RD should be promoted as an Esports game because it has the potential of breaking the mainstream paradigm of basebuilding RTSs like Starcraft.


Esports games are flashy to watch. The point is they are spectator sports that people will pay to watch. WG need a new engine for that. if you zoom all the way in it's not that pretty. We never spent our time zoomed that far in so we don't notice.

ppd401
Corporal
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri 16 Feb 2018 01:49
Contact:

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby ppd401 » Wed 21 Mar 2018 06:45

Nerdfish wrote:
ppd401 wrote:Why can't wargame have a WR matchmaking system like dota? It will curb elitism and ubiquitous unbalanced teams. Of course it would be optional for the lobby.

I personally think Wargame RD should be promoted as an Esports game because it has the potential of breaking the mainstream paradigm of basebuilding RTSs like Starcraft.


Esports games are flashy to watch. The point is they are spectator sports that people will pay to watch. WG need a new engine for that. if you zoom all the way in it's not that pretty. We never spent our time zoomed that far in so we don't notice.

Starcraft and league of legends have worse graphics than WG yet they're still popular.

Nerdfish
Major
Posts: 1900
Joined: Thu 26 Jan 2012 22:12
Contact:

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby Nerdfish » Wed 21 Mar 2018 09:47

ppd401 wrote:
Nerdfish wrote:
ppd401 wrote:Why can't wargame have a WR matchmaking system like dota? It will curb elitism and ubiquitous unbalanced teams. Of course it would be optional for the lobby.

I personally think Wargame RD should be promoted as an Esports game because it has the potential of breaking the mainstream paradigm of basebuilding RTSs like Starcraft.


Esports games are flashy to watch. The point is they are spectator sports that people will pay to watch. WG need a new engine for that. if you zoom all the way in it's not that pretty. We never spent our time zoomed that far in so we don't notice.

Starcraft and league of legends have worse graphics than WG yet they're still popular.


Their graphics was good when they came out and they are easy to watch.
Can a person who never play the game watch a game of WG and tell what's going on ? :lol:

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8655
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby Fade2Gray » Wed 21 Mar 2018 16:08

Razzmann wrote:
M4jor wrote:Too bad for EUGEN that 10vs10 is the most popular mode in Wargame for years now

Too bad that this has been disproven many times before. Not like anyone posted any kind of proof to support that claim in the first place, mind you.

Where? I wouldn't mind seeing this. Getting statistics straight from EUGEN would be nifty if possible. I have yet to see hard proof of M4jor's claim either.

I've seen a bunch of theory crafting and self/group stroking however.

Nerdfish wrote:Can a person who never play the game watch a game of WG and tell what's going on ? :lol:

Can someone who has never played Starcraft tell what is going on by watching a Starcraft game live without someone explaining everything?

No, now stop making fallacious statements.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

User avatar
Razzmann
General
Posts: 7497
Joined: Fri 7 Mar 2014 15:29
Location: The land of flowing beer and Sauerkraut.
Contact:

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby Razzmann » Wed 21 Mar 2018 18:05


XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu 10 Mar 2016 23:17
Contact:

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby XanderTuron » Wed 21 Mar 2018 18:43

My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Steamfunk
Lieutenant
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sun 14 Dec 2014 06:19

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby Steamfunk » Wed 21 Mar 2018 21:22

I don't think it's a question of which is more popular, 10 vs 10 (and 5 vs 5) was a way of avoiding teams/pubstompers and having more players per side generally evens things out for newbies. That was true for RD in the first 6 months or so before people learned to how to manipulate the open lobby system. If we want Wargame to grow we need to start by adopting matchmaking - it doesn't need to be public, just a simple ladder with options for different maps or game modes. If people want a 'competitive' mode they can make it more restrictive, but I don't think that's a priority right now.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beares and 17 guests