Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Fade2Gray
General

Re: Eugen Stand to make a great deal of money by teaming up with Wargaming

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 22 Mar 2018 04:23

Razzmann wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=155&t=58670&p=990362#p990343

This is deeply lacking in a lot of hard evidence and makes some serious assumptions.
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 22 Mar 2018 12:24

Fade2Gray wrote:
Razzmann wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=155&t=58670&p=990362#p990343

This is deeply lacking in a lot of hard evidence and makes some serious assumptions.

How so? The game tells you exactly how many 10v10s are running, with the exact number of people shown in the lobby.
It also shows the exact number of total games running and how many people are online. Sure, it does not tell you how many people are in these non 10v10 games, but even if the vast majority were 1v1 and 2v2 games, that is quite a bit more than players in 10v10s.
Not to mention there was never any evidence brought up for the claim that 10v10 is the most played gamemode to begin with.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Thu 22 Mar 2018 16:20

Razzmann wrote:How so? The game tells you exactly how many 10v10s are running, with the exact number of people shown in the lobby.
It also shows the exact number of total games running and how many people are online. Sure, it does not tell you how many people are in these non 10v10 games, but even if the vast majority were 1v1 and 2v2 games, that is quite a bit more than players in 10v10s.
Not to mention there was never any evidence brought up for the claim that 10v10 is the most played gamemode to begin with.

You are making assumptions on this. An "educated guess" is still just an assumption.

Give me raw data on how many people are just logged in, or Chatgaming, or in 1v1 or 2v2 and all the way up to 10v10. Until I see the hard evidence on it, preferably from EUGEN itself, I'm not going to buy into anything either side says.

I don't like M4jor's weak "muh game mode is best mode!" trolling, but throwing out assumptions doesn't help matters.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Thu 22 Mar 2018 16:50

Fade2Gray wrote:You are making assumptions on this. An "educated guess" is still just an assumption.

Give me raw data on how many people are just logged in, or Chatgaming, or in 1v1 or 2v2 and all the way up to 10v10. Until I see the hard evidence on it, preferably from EUGEN itself, I'm not going to buy into anything either side says.

I don't like M4jor's weak "muh game mode is best mode!" trolling, but throwing out assumptions doesn't help matters.

There is hard data on how many people are logged in, hard data on how many games are running, hard data on how many of those games are 10v10s and hard data on how many people are in said 10v10 games.
Sure there is no hard data on how many people are exactly in what types of games. If that "educated guess" is not good enough for you, I am afraid you will never get the hard data you want. Eugen has (to my knowledge) never published any kind of hard numbers.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Thu 22 Mar 2018 18:06

hansbroger wrote:Wargaming does seem to be a bit more experimental when it comes to trying out new multiplayer game modes which breathe life back into overplayed maps and in some cases rehabilitate maps that were previously considered unplayable or unbalanced in other modes. While more diverse in the past, Eugen has actually backtracked in this respect, reducing the number of gamemodes and balancing maps around the two leading gamemodes Conquest and Destruction.

To use the siege gamemode of EE/ALB as an example, this was a niche gamemode, which admittedly masochistic to play was nonetheless fun in a team sense, and incorporated many of the play elements that would later prop up in low point tactical games. However it was removed instead of being modified or refined, to a point where it was a popular alternative to the main two gamemodes.
http://wargame-series.wikia.com/wiki/Siege

This gamemode while unpopular in its base configuration had elements of particular promise if it had been modified to become something more akin to the Rush gamemode in the battlefield series where it would be an objective based gamemode with attackers and defenders.

The numerous community created gamemodes be they low point/no income tactical, era games and others were examples of the community being bored with the existing gamemode binary and changing the variables available to them to try and create new gamemodes. This is a great use of energy because it allows for players to use the existing fleet of nations and vehicles for entirely new goals, and forces people to build new decks for new and different criteria, making the game feel new without having to go through the trouble of new countries etc.

Wargaming appears to be better at integrating clans into its multiplayer structure (take this with a grain of salt as I've never been in a Wargame related clan), though this may or may not be that much of an issue, it was room for growth.

Given Eugen's record of incorporating interesting and immersive campaigns into their single player I am surprised they never came out with a clan wars type of team competition based around a campaign during a finite season. This could have injected a dose of strategy into team based competition and served as a stimulus for Wargame related team and competitive community development.

There were good ideas in this post and I too would love to see Eugen experiment or revitalize with gamemodes in a new fantastic Wargame 4 in the future ;)

Another franchise where you can see how gamemodes are handled is Counterstrike. in CS:GO there is a bit of a tiering of gamemodes with Deathmatch (~Destruction) and Demolition (~Conquest) being obvious choices and the more esoteric ones like Flying Scoutsman kinda brushed under a rug called Wargames. Also you can select matchmaking that will search for all types of Wargames if you want, that could be useful in an Eugen context as well. Some Steam achievements require you to tour the different game modes, so if Wargame could have that people might be more inclined to try something new as well.

Also totally agree that games like WiC or Eve Online or even Arma III have made a much better work in giving organized teams something to do - in the WG&SD series getting good matches requires effort, and once the initial enthusiasm is spent, the veteran players will lapse into seal-clubbing on pubs, getting eventually bored and maybe hating themselves for doing it, not to mention the new player experience with smurfs and whatnot.

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 23 Mar 2018 06:38

Razzmann wrote:
Fade2Gray wrote:You are making assumptions on this. An "educated guess" is still just an assumption.

There is hard data on how many people are logged in, hard data on how many games are running, hard data on how many of those games are 10v10s and hard data on how many people are in said 10v10 games.
Sure there is no hard data on how many people are exactly in what types of games. If that "educated guess" is not good enough for you, I am afraid you will never get the hard data you want. Eugen has (to my knowledge) never published any kind of hard numbers.

You can not solidly claim whether or not 10vs10 played more than anything else. This is not enough data to make a claim either way, period. M4jor is just throwing out BS claims without concrete and comprehensive data, and the other side can't provide the same either. Nothing has been proven, nothing has been disproven, and trying to claim your have enough for either is just pure wut. Provide raw data to back up your claims or STFU.

What should be happening is to just ignore M4jor as a mere troll. Taking the shitposting of people such as him, Nerdfish, Deck Cheney, or MILINT is pointless.

Also?

FREE MILINT!!!

hansbroger
Lieutenant General

Postby hansbroger » Sun 25 Mar 2018 01:49

Fade2Gray wrote:You can not solidly claim whether or not 10vs10 played more than anything else. This is not enough data to make a claim either way, period. M4jor is just throwing out BS claims without concrete and comprehensive data, and the other side can't provide the same either. Nothing has been proven, nothing has been disproven, and trying to claim your have enough for either is just pure wut. Provide raw data to back up your claims or STFU.

What should be happening is to just ignore M4jor as a mere troll. Taking the shitposting of people such as him, Nerdfish, Deck Cheney, or MILINT is pointless.

Also?

FREE MILINT!!!

Speaking of, I definitely miss Lonerifle.
Projectnordic in game! will likely see you on pact/red dragons/french!

Fade2Gray
General

Postby Fade2Gray » Sun 25 Mar 2018 06:48

hansbroger wrote:Speaking of, I definitely miss Lonerifle.

He's not a shitposter though.

That being said, it was fun poking at him for how I called him out as a pubstomper and that I've beaten him (with help from Solo) a few times.

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Mon 26 Mar 2018 02:20

At this point, the only way Eugen is making any money past this point is if they [b]PAID THEIR EMPLOYEES!

Nerdfish
Major

Postby Nerdfish » Tue 27 Mar 2018 04:34

Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:At this point, the only way Eugen is making any money past this point is if they PAID THEIR EMPLOYEES!

but the only way for them to pay their employees is to make more money, or convince an investor to give them some money, or collaborate with someone who has money. Turning WG 10 v 10 into a F2P game is a way to make a lot of money with minimum additional investments. Wargaming might even pay for it if Eugen sells it well.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”