Favourite Map?

James-Bond
Master Sergeant

Favourite Map?

Postby James-Bond » Fri 6 Apr 2018 20:20

Red Dragon has a lot of diverse maps , which can create some interesting fun games.
But which are your favourite?

Link has picture to a lot of the maps for better visualisation
http://www.wargame.wz.cz/Mapy_wargame_red_dragon.html

Mine are:
1v1: Punchbowl
2v2: Operation Chromite
3v3: Wrecks and Rocks
4v4: Floods
Some very sneaky flanking manoeuvres can occur. Also if someone can sucessfully cross the water is an edge.
10v10: Russian roulette
Absolute madness in a good way, very dynamic.

*Note*
I think STTP is one of the worst maps.
However on the rare occassion you get to play
Battle of a Yuchalnok Pass (same map but rotated 90^) can be much more fun, due different type of spawns.

Shika
Corporal

Re: Favourite Map?

Postby Shika » Sun 8 Apr 2018 06:42

Tough Jungle is one of the best maps to me because it's a more oldschool EE approach. It has tons of flanking potential and tests how much you can spread. I like chromite and floods a lot too.

I think Paddy Field is one of the worst maps in wargame history, yet people love it. I like the small version of STTP, I think naval ruins it with its imbalance but it is fun to play naval in 10v10s.

I still don't really like the mountain maps because of how much power armor has except for the one with the cities on each side, that one is okay but is usually decided in the opening rush
IGN: Suojeluskunta

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Sun 8 Apr 2018 10:45

2v2 Highway to Seoul. As long as you don't overload it with more players than it was made for and create a meme game. Beyond that I also do quite enjoy 38th Perpendicular.

Razzmann
General

Postby Razzmann » Sun 8 Apr 2018 10:49

damoj
Command Sergeant Major

Postby damoj » Mon 9 Apr 2018 04:22

Shika wrote:I think Paddy Field is one of the worst maps in wargame history, yet people love it. I like the small version of STTP, I think naval ruins it with its imbalance but it is fun to play naval in 10v10s.

ew

anyway, Hell In A Very Small Place with some editing to the Bravo forest sector (eg, roads leading into the cul-de-sac) would be ideal as far as asymmetry goes. With a few tweaks it'd be great.

Fodder
Sergeant Major

Postby Fodder » Wed 18 Apr 2018 18:41

I like all the crazy maps like maze in japan and cliff hangar because it forces you to play in an unorthodox way.
I hate the maps that are overplayed like mudfight, paddyfield, and bloody ridge.

Kirill_GV001
Private First-Class

Postby Kirill_GV001 » Mon 14 May 2018 18:54

It's true that we don't get enough of the sideways STTP, it's a shame.
I remember, though, the very day the Red DLC was released, playing a turbo cheese game on it, spamming two cards' worth of Sturmis back when they still were at 5 points... I'm pretty sure this gave cancer to some player's cancer, but man, it was fun as hell.

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Fri 18 May 2018 12:11

Basically anything that has a balanced amount of large open fields and no massive forests like Bloody Ridge or Paddy Fields. Sorry guys :mrgreen: Obviously there's interesting ones that are different like Tough Jungle but somehow not so drawn to them, not enough space to roll over.

Could we get SD maps backported to RD? :P

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”